BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2012 12:01 pm  #1

Star Trek

Apparently filming finishes this week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 8, 2012 11:46 pm  #2

Re: Star Trek

Yeah, they're in some amazing lab in San Francisco. In this interview Benedict said he only had one day left so I think he's done by now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 9, 2012 2:15 am  #3

Yeah,  they are over at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab,  a few miles from here.   But they apparently just finished this afternoon.      Wonder where the wrap party is this evening?   

http://trekmovie.com/2012/05/08/star-trek-sequel-wraps-production/

May 9, 2012 6:26 am  #4

Aye, Zachary Quinto posted a wrap pic this morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 9, 2012 11:07 am  #5

Post production will now take nearly a year. The film is due to be screened May 2013. Cannot wait!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 29, 2012 7:07 pm  #6

I cannot wait, I cannot wait :D ZQ and BC are one of the finest actors in my opinion! It will be a great pleasure to see both of them in one movie. No, even more than that: A dream come true!

I really liked ZQs Version of Spock. I could never really connect with Pine's Kirk but maybe this will change as well.. we'll see (:...in one year

"Remember that you were loved by me, and you made my life a happy one. And there is no tragedy in that." - James, Third Star.

June 19, 2012 6:36 am  #7

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2012 12:13 pm  #8

I never liked fantasy and films like Star Trek. But after having seen the shoots from it with Benedict I have made up my mind I ought to watch it!
And he looks so attractively as a villain .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 21, 2012 8:01 pm  #9

Am I the only one that thinks BC would make a great Vulcan? I mean, already looks like one -- and I mean that as a compliment.

June 21, 2012 8:37 pm  #10

Not sure if he'd suit that good being one without emotions, as I think his face and eyes put out emotions so well. I could see him putting people down with the Vulcan grip though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 21, 2012 10:22 pm  #11

Looks like Benedict is on the receiving end of the Vulcan pinch in some of the set pics, one of which can be seen in that linked article above.  I can't wait to see what he does as the villain in the new Trek movie.  I liked the first one a lot, and have been looking forward to the new one.

June 21, 2012 11:06 pm  #12

Dramagod wrote:

Not sure if he'd suit that good being one without emotions, as I think his face and eyes put out emotions so well. I could see him putting people down with the Vulcan grip though.

But look at him in Sherlock. Even John calls him "Spock."

July 9, 2012 2:29 pm  #13

Today  I heard in radio about new romours regarding Ben's part in Star Treck.
I searched the net - an now I wonder: Who the hell is Dominic Cumberbatch?? 

http://www.trekzone.de/content/dt/news/2012-07-09-1-star-trek-xii-neue-spekulationen-um-cumberbatchs-rolle.htm

(This one is German - short version: the newest rumour shall be Gary Mitchell - but maybe it was just a joke.)

Anyway, it was quite an experience to hear the names "Cumberbatch" and "Sherlock" in German radio. Seldom.... 

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 9, 2012 2:29 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 11, 2012 7:32 am  #14

***POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT***
It is possible, as reported in various press reports that Benedict may be playing Gary Mitchell in the new Star Trek movie. Karl Urban apparently let slip in an interview that Benedict is, 'awesome, he's a great addition...I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary.'

This could be a red herring though!

July 13, 2012 6:22 pm  #15

I think he's probably playing Gary Mitchell. I hope he's playing Gary Mitchell. Khan would just be kind of tacky, in my opinion, what with a white guy stomping around and raving about racial superiority.

I read the Star Trek wiki article on Gary Mitchell and he does seem like a good role for our Benedict.

I was hoping he would play Q. He would make a really good Q.

Last edited by Smoggy_London_Air (July 13, 2012 6:22 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 13, 2012 6:30 pm  #16

More: They think he might be playing Gary Seven, which seems more likely, since we've seen the set pics where a Vulcan Nerve pinch proves ineffective, and the character Gary Seven is supposed to have this quality.

Furthermore, it seems as if my dreams about him playing Q have finally been smashed. Ah, well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 13, 2012 9:19 pm  #17

Oh  really?  Ben's not playing Q?  I  LOVED that charrie in  ST  TNG.   What is the title of the first Star trek movie that  you are talking about here?   I've seen  other ST  movies--FROM  NUMBER 1,  TO THE ONE  with the whales in san francisco.  Then  I saw the one that was made  in 2008  or 2009....
I remember seeing the other artilce where they showed a pic  of Ben  with his face under some ice.   Wonder what that's all about? 

when is this movie going to be out in theaters in the USA?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 14, 2012 2:29 am  #18

Karl Urban tells/shows Capone what his Comic-Con punishment by J.J. Abrams is for spilling the beans on a STAR TREK 2 secret!!!

Capone: I have to ask, how much hot water did you get in for that bit of news you let slip about STAR TREK 2 last week?

Karl Urban: I was afraid you were going to ask that. J.J. Abrams sent me something for Comic-Con this week and told me that anytime I was asked a question about STAR TREK, I had to do this…[Karl removes a long strip of masking tape with something written on it off the leg of his jeans, where it has been stuck since he walked in the room, then proceeds to do this, posing for my photograph quite willingly]

**Picture is on the link**

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 14, 2012 7:56 am  #19

Interesting fact for Trekkies from the lovely Cumberbatchweb site.
If you are not following Cumberbatchweb on Twitter or checking their site regularly http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/ , I suggest you do so if you want the latest news & gossip.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 14, 2012 9:25 am  #20

Not only for trekkies, Kazza. Head to toe in leather  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera