BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2014 7:52 am  #34541

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Russell wrote:

Holy… heck…. you guys, what with those 'Flaunt' pics, then beautiful comments about 'idolizing' or not and the poetry. I'm deaded. Stopped in here because I saw one small Flaunt pic elsewhere and wondered if there were more, and knew I could count on. Then came across a link with all of them more hi-res, plus an extra one! Same table/chairs, but interesting choice for a set-up and apparently a sign in the window for a… *tries to read* some company's meat room?

http://cumberbum.tumblr.com/post/99526105161/benedict-cumberbatch-for-flaunt-magazine-open-in

G Wadley's Meat Room at The Stag, I think (pub restaurant).   I have a table very like that! 

October 11, 2014 11:14 am  #34542

I would like to take a moment to give kudos to the photographer.  Excellent work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 11, 2014 4:02 pm  #34543

Liberty wrote:

G Wadley's Meat Room at The Stag, I think (pub restaurant).   I have a table very like that! 

Ahh, all right!  Just neat choice of rooms… and, lighting… and having him be serious… and, thud. 
*adds to the kudos*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 11, 2014 4:35 pm  #34544

I'm not surprised he's serious when the service is so awful!  They haven't even brought him a menu yet.  The saucer doesn't match in the third picture and in the fourth he's dropping a very heavy hint that he should have a bottle of wine in his hand. 

I'm kidding ... they are gorgeous pictures, and I'm sure the service would be great if he was eating rather than posing!   Love the outfit in the fifth picture, rumpled, and stretched over his thigh ...

October 11, 2014 5:45 pm  #34545

I just love coming back home to this thread. The Flaunt Mag pics are to die for... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 11, 2014 5:47 pm  #34546

indeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

October 11, 2014 5:51 pm  #34547

Oh my...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 11, 2014 7:00 pm  #34548

Indeed Phantom, indeed

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

October 11, 2014 7:39 pm  #34549

Yeah, that pic is unbelievable ... breathtaking!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 11, 2014 8:47 pm  #34550

my dear God...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

October 11, 2014 9:02 pm  #34551

I keep saying this.... but he looks so young!! That haircut changed so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 11, 2014 9:33 pm  #34552

Liberty wrote:

I'm not surprised he's serious when the service is so awful!  They haven't even brought him a menu yet.  The saucer doesn't match in the third picture and in the fourth he's dropping a very heavy hint that he should have a bottle of wine in his hand. 

I'm kidding ... they are gorgeous pictures, and I'm sure the service would be great if he was eating rather than posing!   Love the outfit in the fifth picture, rumpled, and stretched over his thigh ...

I laughed at this.     Seriously, all the pics together say that!  Where's my menu… why are you just staring at me… where's my wine… I should use that phone to call management… until he finally just walks out.    Man… but when you get a good photographer who knows how to play with a setting… love it.  Or can be intriguingly strange.  Like that Vanity Fair tree pic - simultaneously went 'ooh, Ben!' and '…wut?'  What are you doing in the tree, Ben?  Why did they awkwardly put you there?  It's okay dear, please come down… the mob won't get you!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 12, 2014 2:54 am  #34553

Regarding leaked pictures from Richard III set - I had to see them for myself. It's kind of strange, but those photos of him goofing around, smoking, and joking, all in full costume in his armor - there was one shot where he was walking away in full armour with a plastic bag - just sort of takes away from the mistique of the movie, and probably what the producers where hoping to convey to the public to drum up interest in the film.  They also were very funny in a way, and sort of took all the glamour out of movie-making as well. No wonder Ben didn't want them out there on the internet.

Last edited by kaye (October 12, 2014 2:55 am)

October 12, 2014 8:04 am  #34554

It's a difficult one.
I'm never certain of the law about taking and posting pictures of somebody without their permission...when they are in  a public sphere.
I certainly dion't think anybody should do it wirth children.
I also understand a TV company wanting to kep the impact of their characters.
But we are not idiots.
I have no sense of the magic of film, I am a realist.
Incidentally, this is the same attitude I hold about an actor's private life...they are normal humans, so I have no illusions there either.
But I also understand certain viewers not wanting to see any spoilers...
Personally I don't mind seeing all spoilers,...
They have never ruined a show for me yet.

Last edited by besleybean (October 12, 2014 8:09 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 12, 2014 1:13 pm  #34555

Oh my stars!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 12, 2014 8:28 pm  #34556

You guys.......the photo shoot in video form. Prepare for deading and thudding, pad yourselves well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogpijfXX5SQ

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde

October 12, 2014 8:29 pm  #34557

And here's a 50 Shades take with a little Hiddles thrown in for good measure. UNGHFH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KizPR5A6d_c&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Heidzer (October 12, 2014 8:33 pm)

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde

October 12, 2014 8:41 pm  #34558

Thank you Heidzer.

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

October 12, 2014 9:01 pm  #34559

October 12, 2014 9:04 pm  #34560

*THUD*

I saw this earlier but couldn't get the link. I've been sweating ever since...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera