BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2012 6:42 pm  #1

Interview from LA Times Hero Complex re: Comic Con

Interview with Peter Jackson included this:

HC: In some ways, Martin Freeman might have more weight on his shoulders than any single actor in the first trilogy. How would you say he’s handling it?

PJ: We adjusted our shooting schedule around Martin’s Sherlock TV series, to enable him to do the movie. We literally couldn’t think of any other actor in the world more perfect to play Bilbo Baggins. Get that casting wrong and the movie falls flat on its face. Martin knocks it out of the park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 14, 2012 6:31 am  #2

Re: Interview from LA Times Hero Complex re: Comic Con

thanks for sharing.   I wonder what Martin had to say  here?  I  know he was there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 14, 2012 12:49 pm  #3

sherlockskitty wrote:

thanks for sharing.   I wonder what Martin had to say  here?  I  know he was there.

Do you mean at Comic Con?  I checked the celebrity list on their website and didn't see his name 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 15, 2012 7:43 am  #4

He was there.

More pics here
and of course on the Hobbit Facebook page:
here

Last edited by kazza474 (July 15, 2012 7:45 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 15, 2012 11:36 am  #5

I seem to be stalking you, thanking you for posting links Kazza!! 

Not only some excellent photos and comments re the preview of The Hobbit that they screened, but also three video interviews with cast members.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 17, 2012 7:27 pm  #6

thank you!!!   shouldn't we merge the hobbit threads together?   we seem to have more than one thread devoted t Marin and this movie....oh  fiddlesticks.   And that Hat that martin wore--bit wrong for him,  in my opinion.  But,  Hats are cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera