BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2014 3:57 pm  #181

Re: Four things I would prefer NOT to see in series 4

The two of them together in 221b? Horrible idea. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 6, 2014 4:29 pm  #182

That's just what I've been saying for ages: Throw John out of 221B and don't let him move in again.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 6, 2014 5:14 pm  #183

*crosses fingers and hopes that Mofftis is still monitoring our board*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 6, 2014 5:34 pm  #184

Yes - John out of 221B and his chair to the bulky waste!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 7, 2014 8:39 am  #185

This is the very last post i'll leave on this thread, then i promised I 'll let it go its way about the original topic.
First of all, when someone says " i don't want to offend you", it can mean that someone really does not WANT to offend you, but that something has to be said. Something you know will be unpleasant or disturbuting  your self esteem, but still.

second thing , i remind that I was responding to (i quote) " Since someone just recently mentioned black and white and stereotypes: what I find particularly black and white and stereotypical is the assumption that Johnlockers don't like Mary because they are Johnlockers"... quite offending to me, isn't it?
Third thting. I've been, privately and more than once,  thanked for what I said, so, maybe what I expressed is a shared feeling for some of us.
Now, as I said, I won't come back on it, I'm aware it would spoil the thread.
If some of you want to discuss it again, i'll answer to private messages.

October 7, 2014 9:01 am  #186

NatureNoHumansNo wrote:

second thing , i remind that I was responding to (i quote) " Since someone just recently mentioned black and white and stereotypes: what I find particularly black and white and stereotypical is the assumption that Johnlockers don't like Mary because they are Johnlockers"... quite offending to me, isn't it?

Since this quote came from me: You really find this offending? In my opinion and experience it simply is a fact. In a lot of discussions which had nothing to do with Johnlock in the first place and where nothing in terms of Johnlock was mentioned, suddenly Johnlock was mentioned in order to show that Johnlockers can't think straight about Mary because they are Johnlockers. To me this kind of thinking is black and white and has nothing to do with exchanging arguments and ideas. But there you go.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 7, 2014 9:31 am  #187

Back to topic then.

What I really don't want to see is Mycroft's death. But I am afraid it will happen, now that we caught a glimps of the extend of Sherlock's love for him.

Am I the only one who fears that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 7, 2014 9:39 am  #188

Just one word: The above discussion has been closed now. If anyone wants to discuss it further, please do this via PM. Thank you. 

Schmiezi, neither do I. But I do not think it will happen because it would be a very big deviation from Canon. I am sure something will come up regarding Mycroft but I am thinking more in terms of an involvement with someone/something bad now or in the past, being blackmailed, etc. … Sherlock having to save his skin, make a dramatic choice … 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2014 9:47 am  #189

Mycroft's death? Would break my heart. (not as a quote, seriously)
But as Susi mentions, I also, more likely, think that something happens to Mycroft and developes a dramatic story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 7, 2014 9:58 am  #190

I really can't see them writing Mycroft out and I hope that just isn't because I love him...
But yes, it would be good to see him getting some action for once.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2014 12:31 pm  #191

besleybean wrote:

I really can't see them writing Mycroft out and I hope that just isn't because I love him...
But yes, it would be good to see him getting some action for once.

*giggle*   I wanna go there but I'll behave myself for once.

I agree they wouldn't really kill Mycroft.  But they do seem to be leading up to something big for him.  Something more than annoying Sherlock or bailing him out.  I also agree that it would be fascinating to see a situation where Sherlock would have to bail Mycroft out.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 7, 2014 12:39 pm  #192

I honestly, meant it ambiguously!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2014 12:42 pm  #193

besleybean wrote:

I honestly, meant it ambiguously!

I know BB.  But my mind is evil and dirty and I can't always control it!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 7, 2014 12:43 pm  #194

He seems to reject all goldfish.

October 7, 2014 12:46 pm  #195

If they kill Mycroft... grrrrrr.

I agree with Tonnaree, it'd be great to have a proper storyline for him. Hopefully something that would limit his deus ex machina possibilities (the character is just way too convenient for the writers).

October 7, 2014 1:02 pm  #196

I think they prepared the way for that:

- the mention of "the other one"
- "your loss would break my heart"
- I also still wonder about "If you go against Magnussen, you go against me"

October 7, 2014 1:48 pm  #197

I have to admit that I'd really be interested to see what Mycroft's death would lead to... in terms of the effects it would have on Sherlock. That's probably the only reason I'd like to see this happen. What would this do to Sherlock? We have already seen John suffer, and for Sherlock to suffer in a similar way, you'd either have to kill off John or Mycroft.
That being said, the cost would be much too high. "Sherlock" without Mycroft...? An important part of the show's dynamics would change. I can't imagine "Sherlock" without Mycroft.

October 8, 2014 7:49 pm  #198

tonnaree wrote:

Now topic:  I'm going to try reverse phsychology on Mofftis

4 things I absolutely do NOT want to see in S4.

* John's scar.
* John seeing Sherlock's scars
* John moving back in to 221b
* A nod to The Three  Garridebs

(wink wink nudge nudge)

Oh boy, I would be SOOO SURPRISED AND ANNOYED if Sherlock wore his normal hair style in the christmas special instead of the short hair you can see on red carpets at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 8, 2014 8:07 pm  #199

I hate the curls. Always hated them. Let them go! 

October 8, 2014 8:15 pm  #200

And please never ever a sheet!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera