BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2014 1:48 pm  #1

Cilla ITV

Cilla is an ITV drama that started on the 15th September and ends on the 29th September. It is about Cilla Black's early life and rise to fame and stars Sheridan Smith as Cilla, Aneurin Barnard as Bobby Willis,  Ed Stoppard as Brian Epstein and Elliott Cowan as George Martin. It is a great drama and I'm a big fan of Sheridan Smith.

Anyone else enjoying this drama?

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

September 26, 2014 8:35 am  #2

Re: Cilla ITV

I am too. Now I just have to get over my loathing for Cilla Black. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 26, 2014 4:51 pm  #3

Davina wrote:

I am too. Now I just have to get over my loathing for Cilla Black. 

Why do you loath Cilla? Sheridan is brilliant!

September 26, 2014 7:07 pm  #4

Surprise, surprise!  Same problem here - I like Sheridan Smith, but was never a big fan of Cilla, so if Sheridan's too good in the part I might not enjoy it!   I've heard good things about it, but haven't watched it for that reason.

September 28, 2014 11:22 am  #5

Liberty wrote:

Surprise, surprise!  Same problem here - I like Sheridan Smith, but was never a big fan of Cilla, so if Sheridan's too good in the part I might not enjoy it!   I've heard good things about it, but haven't watched it for that reason.

Sadly, if you're not a fan of Cilla you may not enjoy this drama. It is good though.

Last edited by Bronte89 (September 28, 2014 11:23 am)

September 29, 2014 11:34 am  #6

Why? I just have never been keen on 'Our Cilla' with her deliberately maintained Scouse accent and that awful Blind Date dross she used to host.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 4, 2014 6:09 pm  #7

Cilla is out on DVD on the 6th October. Loved this drama! 

Board footera