BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2014 12:54 am  #1

Endeavor

This one few shows I enjoy watching on television right now apart from “Sherlock.” It is a prequel TV series about the early days of Morse in the 1960’s when he was a detective constable before he became Inspector. Shaun Evans is good in the title role but the actor I really like is Roger Allam as Fred Thursday, who takes young Morse under his wing. They air it here in the States as part of Masterpiece Mystery, which also airs “Sherlock.”

I don’t know if Sherlock fans would love it. However, if you are really into British crime procedurals (like myself) you should enjoy it. If you do, I would also recommend “Inspector Morse” and “Inspector Lewis” which are connected to this series. All three of them are set in Oxford and the character of Morse is from novels written by Colin Dexter.

Last edited by BrettHolmes (June 4, 2014 12:48 pm)

June 4, 2014 6:55 am  #2

Re: Endeavor

So far I only had the chance to watch the pilot which I really liked. And you will find a lot of people here who love Roger Allam - just have a look at the "Cabin Pressure" thread. And he plays with Benedict in "Parade's End" as well. Brilliant actor. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 8, 2014 10:55 am  #3

Another connection: Shaun Evans plays Benedict's brother in "Wreckers".  They are both amazing in it.

September 17, 2014 1:29 pm  #4

I love Endeavor and own the first series on DVD. I only saw a couple of episodes of the second series on TV so I can't wait to buy the DVD. Shaun Evans and Roger Allam are brilliant! I love a good murder case!

Last edited by Bronte89 (September 23, 2014 7:36 pm)

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

Board footera