BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2014 1:22 am  #3301

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Someone finds you this song and you immediately think of a certain special ship. 

Last edited by BreathingIsBoring (September 13, 2014 1:23 am)

September 13, 2014 5:10 pm  #3302

Breathing, your costume ideas are awesome!!

I have 3 pictures over my couch/bed... one is 'The Naked Beauty' by Goya (Sometimes mistakenly called the naked Maja, I am named after the painting). Sherlock in b/w with a lipstick kiss on his neck from my own lips *is not ashamed and calls it art*. and a Van Gogh painting...

My guy asked me during our webcam 'date' what the picture above my head was and I blushed so hard... luckily the cam was blurry so I didn't have to explain about the lipstick...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 15, 2014 8:26 am  #3303

OK, a funny little story from last weekend. I had a prime Molly Hooper moment and I'm really glad nobody else noticed what it was all about, it was so silly.

I was at a friend's wedding, and at some point I kind of felt that I'd been dropped into a weird Sherlocky parallel universe! I had noted a bloke wandering among the guests. He was in a smart suit and had dark curly hair, and he looked a little forlorn and out-of-place, as he was obviously on his own and apparently not enjoying himself very much.

Naturally I was curious to find out whether he was real or whether I was hallucinating. When he was next to me at the bar getting a drink, I thought I'd try a little small-talk,  and he was real enough, polite but somewhat detached. We got talking about our jobs, and when I asked him what he did, he said - no kidding - "I'm a graduate chemist, but now I do something else entirely".

I think I gaped at him so badly that I scared him off, because immediately after that he excused himself to make a phone call (!!!). I think I sat there hyperventilating for about ten minutes, it was so unreal.

I only started calming down again when someone told me that he was actually the bride's younger brother and that the sole reason he was there on his own and didn't look entirely happy was that his wife had had to stay at home with their two sick little kids. That didn't sound very Sherlocky any more. And when later that night he turned out to be a rip-roaring disco dancer, I was finally convinced that I had definitely been seeing things.

But I can't tell you how glad I am that NOBODY but me knew what was going on in my head the whole time.

Last edited by La Jolie (September 15, 2014 9:08 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

September 15, 2014 8:46 am  #3304

La Jolie wrote:

He was in a smart suit and had dark curly hair, and he looked a little forlorn and out-of-place, as he was obviously on his own and apparently not enjoying himself very much.

(...)he said - no kidding - "I'm a graduate chemist, but now I do something else entirely".

Wow, life is so weird sometimes.

...when you're happy just because it is page number 221

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

September 15, 2014 8:47 am  #3305

Wow, that´s really bizarre, LaJolie.. 

September 15, 2014 1:09 pm  #3306

I would have thought I was seeing things if that was me, La Jolie! 

Yesterday I wore my new long blue scarf with my gothic coat when going out to meet my friend.
I suddenly heard a voice yell "Hello Sherlock!!" and hopefully looked around... 
Only to realize it was my friend who noticed the refference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 15, 2014 4:01 pm  #3307

When you are ridiculously jealous of you daughter for joining her uni Sherlock Holmes society!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 15, 2014 7:29 pm  #3308

When the first real thing you buy in years without checking the price to celebrate that you're getting paid soon is the following:

Preorder of the Special Edition S3 DVD
Preorder of the new 'Get Sherlock' T-shirt
Benedict Cumberbatch 2015 Calendar

EDIT:

When you see an advert from a travel agency going "There is always a good Rooftop somehwere"
And you go 'Sherlock!! No!'

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (September 15, 2014 10:03 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 16, 2014 4:47 am  #3309

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

September 17, 2014 1:52 pm  #3310

I just got confirmation that I can start my 'Mystery Shopping' job again!

I feel like such a detective when I go on missions! It would be fun to do it some day in my fem. Sherlock costume!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 21, 2014 7:49 pm  #3311

...when an inspectors red buttonholed (!), collar turned-up, dark coat makes you think of Sherlock immediately.

September 22, 2014 9:44 pm  #3312

When taking an IQ test getting a result just below 'higher average' and even if you took the test in another language than your first, and spent time panicking about the math problems because I'm suffering from Dyscalculia I was very dissapointed...

So I took another... went into 'Sherlock Mode' as I call it when I try to be smart... got a result of 130. And you're still not satisfied...

And you also hear Mycroft ringing in your head 'I am the smart one'

Do we know what Sherlock's IQ is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 25, 2014 10:11 am  #3313

When looking at one of the many, many 'life hack lists' and one the hacks is that clear nailpolish can save a button from falling off...

It takes less than a split second for your mind to go 'Sherlock!' and the poor, poor straining buttons in the purple shirt of sex 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 25, 2014 11:51 am  #3314

He must use a ton of nail polish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 29, 2014 3:22 pm  #3315

When you're clearing away your tray at the hospitals canteen and the following conversation almost makes you drop your tray:

(I may have misheard the name)

1st Doctor: "I have a patient called Sherlock on my ward"
2nd Doctor: "What, is he like Sherlock?"
1st Doctor "No, his name is Sherlock"

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (September 29, 2014 3:23 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 7, 2014 6:32 pm  #3316

My evening tea, call it my evening soother, suddenly became Surprisingly Okay! Thanks to Halloween candy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 7, 2014 6:37 pm  #3317

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 7, 2014 6:39 pm  #3318

That would be a great thing to do for a Sherlock party!!  Surprisingly Ok Tea!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2014 6:42 pm  #3319

It would! I'd def. go to that party!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 8, 2014 8:02 pm  #3320

When everytime you ride your bike pretty fast you hear the soundtrack "John is quite a guy" in your head and you feel like you rush to a bonfire with billowing coat.. 

Board footera