BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2014 7:16 am  #741

Re: The Imitation Game

SusiGo wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Yes, her complaints sound pretty nonsensical.

It seems to me she has some issues with Benedict - because when the reporter starts to pick on such inconsequential things as accents and an actors eductation (!), it´s pretty obvious she is pulling at straws and that she has nothing really important to say about the movie itself, she is just finding some way how to diss the main star of it.

As I said, it may be the same BBC reporter who asked the gay actor question and got a dismissive answer by Morten Tyldum. This might explain her evaluation of the film. 

That just confirms my theory that she has some personal issues with BC.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 11, 2014 7:41 am  #742

SusiGo wrote:

As I said, it may be the same BBC reporter who asked the gay actor question and got a dismissive answer by Morten Tyldum. This might explain her evaluation of the film. 

In the press conference she said her name. That is how I found that BBC website with her article.
In short: confirmed!   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 11, 2014 7:43 am  #743

In the end it's not just the individual reporter, it's also the people that employ someone like him/her. It's the whole industry... everyone can call him- or herself a journalist, but with the BBC I would assume that they do at least ask for some kind of qualification... well, apparently not.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 11, 2014 7:45 am  #744

Or maybe she had taken something or had been programmed 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 11, 2014 7:46 am  #745

Thanks for checking, Harriet. And this is how news and opinions are made. I think the BBC at least should be more professional and objective …

P.S. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 11, 2014 7:47 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 11, 2014 7:47 am  #746

I was just curious which BBC reporter would ruin the good name of her employer 

September 11, 2014 7:49 am  #747

Harriet wrote:

Or maybe she had taken something or had been programmed

Or maybe she too wanted to taste his "yumminess"... and he gave her a cold shoulder?
(I am nasty, I know.)

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 11, 2014 7:52 am  #748

nakahara wrote:

Or maybe she too wanted to taste his "yumminess"... and he gave her a cold shoulder?
(I am nasty, I know.)

And now she wonders whether they made fun of her when claiming he is not a gay actor? 
(Heavens! Where will this thread lead to?)

Last edited by Harriet (September 11, 2014 7:53 am)

September 11, 2014 7:55 am  #749

Honestly, once the film is released we will have to start a new thread. 
I think we never had so many posts about a film no one has seen so far, except "Sherlock" of course.  

Last edited by SusiGo (September 11, 2014 7:55 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 11, 2014 8:00 am  #750

We should definitely have a new thread then. 
I'd say this film is highly anticipated by everyone here, because we already know so much about the true Alan Turing, so there is a lot to discuss beforehand. 
Having said that, it's even more disappointing that journalists apparently aren't able to do their research - in this case there really is so much to research! Maybe too much for some reporters? 
There have been some very nice questions during that press conference though, let's not forget to mention that as well.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 11, 2014 8:02 am  #751

It is absolutely fine that there is so much buzz. I got so excited for the film the moment this thread was opened. I just think we should separate all this from discussion of the film itself. 

Yes, you are right. And the Daily Beast interview was very good and left him lots of room discussing Turing and his own political views. 

September 11, 2014 8:05 am  #752

SolarSystem wrote:

Having said that, it's even more disappointing that journalists apparently aren't able to do their research - in this case there really is so much to research! Maybe too much for some reporters? 

I'm not too upset by it - it would be surprising if it was different, if you ask me. Most of us here have or had colleagues who don't perform the way one should expect 

September 11, 2014 8:35 am  #753

Harriet wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I'm not too upset by it - it would be surprising if it was different, if you ask me. Most of us here have or had colleagues who don't perform the way one should expect  

Sad, but true. 

September 12, 2014 6:53 pm  #754

Here's a very throughtful Benedict interview with Cineplex about The Imitation Game:

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

September 14, 2014 6:44 pm  #755

TIG won the people's choice award at TIFF, that's absolutely great news!

September 14, 2014 6:54 pm  #756

Wonderful!

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

September 14, 2014 6:55 pm  #757

Awesome!! Congrats!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 14, 2014 7:01 pm  #758

Superb! 

September 14, 2014 7:13 pm  #759

So happy - this is really great news for the film and the whole team (so much better than TFE did last year). 

September 14, 2014 7:19 pm  #760

Good stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera