BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2014 9:18 pm  #1

Wallpaper dress!

I've just finished my Astrophysics final master project today (still got to do the presentation, but the project is finished and sent, phew), so I thought I'd give myself a treat after three exhausting months writing and working on graphs and datatables non-stop (and the rest of the academic year also working, but not quite so non-stop).
So I got myself a Sherlockian wallpaper short dress ! It looks really cool, and I've been wanting one for ages:

This Etsy shop has quite a lot of Sherlockian stuff, I really like it

September 7, 2014 9:52 pm  #2

Re: Wallpaper dress!

That's awesome! Be sure to report back how many people 'get' the dress when you wear it.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

September 7, 2014 10:24 pm  #3

Super cool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 9, 2014 6:22 pm  #4

Fab dress! Thank you for the link to this website. Its got some brilliant Sherlock Merchandise! 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

September 9, 2014 6:28 pm  #5

Oh god, love that dress!
Wonder if there's a nice wallpaper suit for men too :D

"It is what it is."

September 9, 2014 6:49 pm  #6

There's some wallpaper leggings too.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

September 9, 2014 7:00 pm  #7

Oh golly, that's brilliant. I'm not the flowery dress type but I'm seriously thinking about getting the T-Shirt and I'm certainly getting one of their bags.

It's the sort of sublte merchandise that I love, that doesn't scream "I'M A SHERLOCK FAN" at everyone and that maybe people who're not into it won't even get.

Thanks for providing the link, Arwende.

And big congratulations on being an M.Sc. soon! You're right up in Sherlock's own league now....

Last edited by La Jolie (September 9, 2014 7:01 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

September 14, 2014 1:56 pm  #8

@maryagrawatson  Will do ! Although hardly anyone seems to recognize my Sherlock coat replica, which I do wear as a normal Winter coat xD

@Bronte89  You're welcome!
   I suspect the leggings will be next 

@Whisky  I haven't found any wallpapers suits out there, just short dresses, t-shirts and leggings, but that'd be a cool idea, for both men and women !

@La Jolie  You're welcome! I really love their Sherlock stuff. I got a small messenger bag back in June, and I love it
  Thank you ^^!

October 26, 2014 2:14 am  #9

Just updating to say that the wallpaper dress I got is amazing! Apart from just the sheer awesomeness of wearing a piece of clothing with a Sherlock's wallpaper + smiley print, it's really well made and fits like a glove (I shortened the hem of the skirt because I prefer mid-thigh or above the knee dresses rather than calf-length).

October 26, 2014 4:28 am  #10

Love the dress!  I'd say hello to anyone wearing it in the street!

October 26, 2014 8:01 am  #11

The dress is awesome! I'm seriously considering to order one for myself. I love wearing dresses. Although I'm not quite sure if it will be appropriate for work  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 26, 2014 12:12 pm  #12

@OnlyinWestwood  Oh, me too :D! It's a pity there are so few Sherlockians and Whovians in my area!

@stoertebeker  Always happy to enable xD!  About the work, I guess I'll have to test it as well, and see what happens if I wear it when going to work on the doctorate :D

October 26, 2014 12:14 pm  #13

I love the dress and you look lovely in it

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

October 29, 2014 6:09 pm  #14

Thanks ^^!

Board footera