BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2014 5:41 pm  #81

Re: New special edition of series 1-3 with lots of extras

Good lord, I'm dead….      Those two!  Absolutely love getting to see your favorites having a bit of fun on set… we get a bit of that from appearances together, but interesting they wanted to keep it 'serious'/to the minimum with dvds having just the episodes, commentary, and interview clips before.  I remember Mark being all "no way", when asked about outtakes before, saying 'You don't want to see a grown man cry'.  ;D 
Yes, agree a little annoying they decided to re-release it after we've all bought the original, but so excited they decided to have fun and let us enjoy it… couldn't stop grinning and watching it, especially when Ben just loses it again… some commenter on the youtube page somewhat transcribed it… sounds about right!

Benedict: ...saying sweetheart. What the feck is that all about? I don't know.
Martin: John Duttine, the actor.
Benedict: On a particular day in November, how old was he?
Martin: No no. How old did he become in March this year. How old?
Benedict: I didn't even know who John...John Duttine was. I thought you were making shit up.
Martin: Hmm, I assumed you'd probably been christened by him.
Benedict laughs
Director: Action
Benedict still laughing take cut
Martin: I thought you knew every actor over 50.... I thought there was a by-law.
Director: Action!
Benedict laughs take cut
Benedict: I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 11, 2014 6:18 pm  #82

I'm actually really disappointed that the commentary is only for TEH.  I'm really buying it for the outtakes and the commentaries (or commentary, singular, now).

Love the outtake, though!  Martin being deadpan, Benedict being so not-Sherlock (and lisping).

Last edited by Liberty (September 11, 2014 6:30 pm)

September 11, 2014 6:47 pm  #83

It is all a bit contradictory. The BBC shop does not mention at all which episodes have a commentary. They give a duration of 5 minutes for the deleted scenes and the outtakes. 

Maybe Sherlockology is wrong and HLV has a commentary but I would be surprised. Because I cannot believe that they would do a HLV commentary without Benedict, Martin, and/or Amanda. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 11, 2014 8:28 pm  #84

Susi, where have you found about the 5 minutes? And is for both or 5 for outtakes and 5 for delete scenes? Because if togheter is sooo little.....

I found only this on bbcshop.com
"All new bonus materials include:
Never-seen-before outtakes with Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Mark Gatiss and Rupert Graves
Exclusive deleted scenes from series Three
Brand new audio commentary with Una Stubbs, Steven Moffat, Sue Vertue and Mark Gatiss
3 x 45 minute PBS documentaries that include behind-the-scene footage 
1x60 Unlocking Sherlock PBS documentary
Sherlock – The Prequel’: a seven minute mini-episode"

Last edited by A lovely light (September 11, 2014 8:28 pm)

September 11, 2014 8:30 pm  #85

Ah, never mind, i found  the infos at that mega expensive set ... Buuuuuu, only 5 minutes togheter....

September 11, 2014 9:06 pm  #86

That outtake is just perfect! 

I can't wait to get my hands on this box set!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 11, 2014 11:46 pm  #87

They must have sooooo many more outtakes that they could use, lol. They should just do an entire DVD of outtakes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 12, 2014 7:00 am  #88

A lovely light wrote:

Ah, never mind, i found  the infos at that mega expensive set ... Buuuuuu, only 5 minutes togheter....

The most expensive five minutes in the history of cinema.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 12, 2014 8:00 am  #89

Perhaps they want to gather the money they spend on the funny pilot film . (but i wish from now on each series to get a bad pilot and learn from it and do a super series after that).

Russell, thank you, it is really hard to understand what they say at the beginning. 

September 12, 2014 12:21 pm  #90

The outtake is great, I can't wait to see others Thanks for the transcript, Russell!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

September 12, 2014 12:28 pm  #91

I want the series 3 one. By the way, isn't it strange that the pilot, the documentaries and the commentaries from series 1 and 2 aren't on it? 

That blooper: any idea what scene that was supposed to become? I can't remember any scene in that setting from that camera angle. 

September 12, 2014 2:40 pm  #92

the Harry /Shut up scene in TSOT. 

September 12, 2014 4:32 pm  #93

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

They must have sooooo many more outtakes that they could use, lol. They should just do an entire DVD of outtakes.

So true. Only think about how often Benedict must have messed up those long and complicated deductions...! That alone would probably make for a whole DVD - with which I'm not saying that he's a crap actor who can't remember his lines.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 12, 2014 5:05 pm  #94

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I would like to second and third this motion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 13, 2014 6:14 pm  #95

No biggie!  Like I said, read it from a youtube commenter anyway.  Just love seeing 'off' moments from favorite shows like that.  But where did one of you read the outtakes (which are S2 and! 3) were only 5 minutes?  Didn't see that on sites… and yeah, strange they didn't bother to just throw the pilot in there, too...

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 13, 2014 6:19 pm  #96

It says on the description of thebox edition:

Case 4
Extras on both Blu-ray & DVD
Sherlock Uncovered – The Return (25mins)
Sherlock Uncovered – The Women (25mins)
Sherlock Uncovered – The Villains (25mins)
Unlocking Sherlock (55mins)
Deleted scene / Outtakes (5 mins)
TV Interviews x 4

"Uncovered" and "Unlocking" are on Netflix, so it's the outtakes I really wanted.  And I just noticed that the 5 minutes includes the deleted scene! 

Last edited by Liberty (September 13, 2014 6:23 pm)

September 13, 2014 6:20 pm  #97

So isn't the pilot on the S1 DVD?!
That rather throws out my plans if it isn't!
Why would they give you less on a special  than on the original?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2014 6:28 pm  #98

I'm not sure, Besleybean, as it says that the discs come along with the original bonus features for each series.  So that may include the commentaries, pilot, etc?  Expensive, though.  It seems that you're paying mainly for the busts and the prints (£96 for those plus S1 and S2, as it's £13.99, I think, for the S3 special edition). 

September 13, 2014 6:33 pm  #99

I know and I feel very silly for doing just this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2014 6:51 pm  #100

Don't feel silly! You could cancel, or if you do really want the busts, it might be worth it?

I've ordered S3 special edition, but then I think I'm going to wait until all the series' are over (whether I can hold out is another matter!), because I've sometimes got some great bargains in special/box editions some time after the release.  For instance, the complete Lord of the Rings set with all the extended versions and extras was about £15 when I bought it. 

Board footera