BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2014 9:46 am  #1

Sherlock: Chronicles - new guidebook coming soon

(SH : Catch me John!
JW : I'm coming!

sorry )

Hi everyone. New guidebook is going to be released on October 23 this year. Here is some description..

'..Packed with exclusive unseen material, including all-new interviews with the cast and crew, this is Sherlock from the ground up: from story and script development to casting, sets, costumes, props, music and more. Each episode of the spectacular three series is remembered by those who made it, from the show's dazzling debut in A Study in Pink to this year's breathtaking finale, His Last Vow.'

I ordered The Casebook last week and now I'm looking forward to the new one. The cover really catches me than the previous.

For more info > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sherlock-Chronicles-Steve-Tribe/dp/1849907625/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406014960&sr=8-1&keywords=sherlock+chronicles

Ps. Please tell me if I'm wrong posting this on this thread.

Last edited by NatchiizNachii (July 22, 2014 9:48 am)

July 22, 2014 9:50 am  #2

Re: Sherlock: Chronicles - new guidebook coming soon

Already pre-ordered one month ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 22, 2014 1:29 pm  #3

All right now.  We need this in the US too!!!!!  *pout*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 25, 2014 1:44 pm  #4

I own The Sherlock Files by Guy Adams, which is a guidebook covering seasons one and two. It was excellent as I read it cover to cover very quickly. However, I wouldn’t mind getting another guidebook that is more up to date and even more comprehensive. I hope it will eventually be available in the states so that I can order it on Amazon.

July 25, 2014 1:47 pm  #5

I own ' The Casebook', which is the official BBC one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 25, 2014 2:55 pm  #6

Yes, bb, I have this one as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 28, 2014 5:00 pm  #7

This book looks great! It's perfect for me and it's on the top of my Christmas list. 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

July 28, 2014 5:03 pm  #8

I have it on pre-oder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2014 2:42 pm  #9

According to Amazon UK it is coming out on 6th November.

September 13, 2014 3:41 pm  #10

Cheers.

September 13, 2014 3:58 pm  #11

Amazon? Notorious tax avoidance, poor working conditions, their practice of discounting books, and the like make me avoid Amazon whenever possible.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 13, 2014 4:07 pm  #12

I have to wait until Christmas for my copy but I bet its worth the wait!

September 13, 2014 4:45 pm  #13

Harriet, I wasn't saying I was getting it from Amazon, it was the date of release I was interested in.

September 13, 2014 5:18 pm  #14

Right. And I guess you also question what that company does behind the scenes.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 13, 2014 5:28 pm  #15

Yes.

September 13, 2014 5:39 pm  #16

September 21, 2014 10:09 am  #17

This sounds good!

Harriet, the "I avoid amazon whenever possible" is also what I would like to do.

But I find it difficult. Stupid question:
Where do you order your books if you're not in the UK? (I'm in Germany, amazon.co.uk has got the books I need, I don't want to order there, where else do I get them? - the local bookstore isn't really into fan stuff on BBC series)
Same thing with british DVDs really. I don't like amazon, but it IS the easiest option. I'd be glad to know a good alternative. (and preferably one with proper payment options, because I don't do paypal etc)

Last edited by Whisky (September 21, 2014 10:12 am)

"It is what it is."

September 21, 2014 10:30 am  #18

Yep, sometimes our desires out weigh our social conscience!

September 21, 2014 11:01 am  #19

Whisky wrote:

This sounds good!

Harriet, the "I avoid amazon whenever possible" is also what I would like to do.

But I find it difficult. Stupid question:
Where do you order your books if you're not in the UK? (I'm in Germany, amazon.co.uk has got the books I need, I don't want to order there, where else do I get them? - the local bookstore isn't really into fan stuff on BBC series)
Same thing with british DVDs really. I don't like amazon, but it IS the easiest option. I'd be glad to know a good alternative. (and preferably one with proper payment options, because I don't do paypal etc)

Whisky, you can ask your bookstore if they would get it for you, the majority of bookstores have now this possibility. It takes some time for the new english books and you have to go once again to the bookstore to take it, but if you don't like Amazon this is the best option. Another is through ebay, there are loads of seller offering new books, but you have no idea if they are better than Amazon. 

September 21, 2014 11:11 am  #20

besleybean wrote:

Yep, sometimes our desires out weigh our social conscience!

You're quite right there.
But shouldn't the choice be "I don't wear clothes because I don't want to support the bad way they're made and brought to me", but "I still need something to wear how can I actively improve the way it's made and distributed?"
DVDs and books might not be essential for my well-being (well... ahem), but I don't think I'm putting egoistic desire over social conscience if I want to have that book Books aren't themselves bad things, neither are clothes, neither is coffee or chocolate, are they? Avoiding won't change the world, improving does (in most areas at least?).
Maybe that's what you meant anyway?

Last edited by Whisky (September 21, 2014 11:21 am)

"It is what it is."

Board footera