BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2014 8:21 pm  #1

True Blood

Having managed (somehow) to miss this in its entirety until very recently I had it recommended to me by both a friend and my daughter. I am now catching up (thanks Sky). It is how shall I put it...'raunchy'... In parts...but I absolutely love it. Now on series 3 (bit of an overdose or should that be a blood transfusion).

Great cast, funny, witty, shocking and with such cutting observations on many aspects of society (particularly American society)...fascism, homophobia, treatment of 'the different'. The actor who plays Bill comes originally from just up the road from where I live (he is an Essex boy!). Plus Alexander Skasgard is impossibly attractive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 26, 2014 8:44 pm  #2

Re: True Blood

Now I have watched all but the newest (and last...SOB) series. Feeling bereft and I haven't even finished it yet....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 27, 2014 12:44 am  #3

Just watch the last episode.  Been a fan all along.  I'm ok with how they wrapped it up.

Naked Vampire Eric is a reason to live.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 27, 2014 5:26 pm  #4

Oh yes indeed! (Did I really say that aloud?  ). Gosh...what a physique, plus his characterisation of the part is just brilliantly nuanced. I loved the swimming naked in the pool full of gators scene.  Eric and Pam are my favourite characters (the 'teacup humans' scene was just great, plus the 6 hours sex scene with the Estonian girl that Sookie walks into is so funny too) although I also have a lot of time for Lafayette, Sam, Alcide, and Godric as well.

Contemplating learning Swedish next...can't think why... 

I will miss Bon Temps...  I have bought a bottle of True Blood (which I won't be drinking), a Fangtasia T-shirt and a Merlotte's T-shirt...sad, I know but there you go. 

September 13, 2014 10:47 am  #5

Rather over excited! I just received delivery of a True Blood photo genuinely signed by Alex Skarsgård! I am such a fan girl sometimes. 

Board footera