BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2012 3:02 pm  #1

Jeremy Brett Quiz

Just a few fun questions to get your little minds working...

1. What was Jeremy's full name?

2. Where did he get the surname "Brett" from?

3. In the Granada Series Jeremy Brett had a special kind of double (not just your typical stunt double) - Why?

4. Jeremy Brett had a famous relative who once played Sherlock Holmes. Who was he?

5. Before Jeremy became an actor, he desired another profession. What profession & why did he give it up?

6. In relationship to question 5, how did this former professional desire and skill benefit Brett by making him unique in a specific scene in the movie "War & Peace"?

7. Jeremy Brett was Best Man at another Sherlock Holmes' wedding. Who?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 30, 2012 4:05 pm  #2

Re: Jeremy Brett Quiz

Brilliant quiz, Sherlock!

1.    Peter Jeremy William Huggins
2.    The label of his first suit
3.    A hand double, he was left handed and Sherlock right so he needed someone else to right things close up
4.    .
5.    A jockey but he was too big
6.    He was the only actor on a real horse
7.    Robert Stephens

I just couldn't find an answer for question 4, I'll do some more research...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 10, 2012 2:07 pm  #3

Funny to answer a question to a quiz I created and posted on:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WelcomeHolmes/   However, the correct answer to question #4 is: Brett was the ex son-in-law of Raymond Massey, who played Sherlock
Holmes in "The Speckled Band" (1931).

Note it's polite to acknowledge sources, but know if you did it would have given away answers. Well at least I now you are probably a fellow member of Welcome Holmes and glad you are!

July 12, 2012 8:42 am  #4

Straker wrote:

Funny to answer a question to a quiz I created and posted on:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WelcomeHolmes/   However, the correct answer to question #4 is: Brett was the ex son-in-law of Raymond Massey, who played Sherlock
Holmes in "The Speckled Band" (1931).

Note it's polite to acknowledge sources, but know if you did it would have given away answers. Well at least I now you are probably a fellow member of Welcome Holmes and glad you are!

Hey Straker - yes I'm on Welcome Holmes and absolutely love all the links and news items you post there which I often share with the members here. Maybe in future when I do...I could add something like "thanks to Straker for the info" at the end?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera