BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2014 1:07 pm  #34081

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Just watched this and roared, hadn't seen the whole thing - love the wink at the end.  Yep, if I watch it enough I might break a sweat, LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNPp74zh8lM&feature=share

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde

September 12, 2014 1:08 pm  #34082

I believe it, because I saw it this morning and said the same thing...WHOAAAAAAA..

gently69 wrote:

How that man is standing there??? Can you believe that I ... swoon because of this?
http://cumberbum.tumblr.com/post/97254080331/an-edit-a-day-benedict-cumberbatch-395

September 12, 2014 1:20 pm  #34083

September 12, 2014 1:21 pm  #34084

Heidzer wrote:

Just watched this and roared, hadn't seen the whole thing - love the wink at the end.  Yep, if I watch it enough I might break a sweat, LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNPp74zh8lM&feature=share

One of his greatest performances ever.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 12, 2014 7:46 pm  #34085

gently69 wrote:

Belarus. Open and shut domestic murder. Not worth my time.

I love his profile ... and how they are playing with the light.

I love this scene! And Sherlock! 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

September 12, 2014 7:47 pm  #34086

Huh what? "I'm taken"?  Perhaps said to put this woman in her stupid place? Who knows. Honestly, what an idiot....
http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/toronto-woman-asks-to-taste-cumberbatch.html

September 12, 2014 7:48 pm  #34087

Heidzer wrote:

Yes dear, hot for you....

nakahara wrote:

No Ben, nobody. Only you.

September 12, 2014 7:57 pm  #34088

Heidzer wrote:

Huh what? "I'm taken"?  Perhaps said to put this woman in her stupid place? Who knows. Honestly, what an idiot....
http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/toronto-woman-asks-to-taste-cumberbatch.html

I think he is taken but I don't know who she is.

September 12, 2014 8:11 pm  #34089

I'm hoping I do know who it is!

Last edited by besleybean (September 12, 2014 10:31 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 12, 2014 8:22 pm  #34090

besleybean wrote:

I'm hoping I do kniow who it is!

I heard or read somewhere ages ago that it was a actress who was in Fifty Shades of Grey but I don't know for sure. *shrugs*

September 12, 2014 8:23 pm  #34091

I think "I'm taken" is an odd thing to say (not just when he says it, but when anyone says it).  As if, "I'd happily do x, y and z with anybody who asks, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to".  I suppose it's just being polite, really.  "Not with anyone (apart from one)" rather than "not with you".  He's a polite guy and had to think on the spot for an answer to a ridiculous question.

September 12, 2014 8:31 pm  #34092

Liberty wrote:

I think "I'm taken" is an odd thing to say (not just when he says it, but when anyone says it).  As if, "I'd happily do x, y and z with anybody who asks, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to".  I suppose it's just being polite, really.  "Not with anyone (apart from one)" rather than "not with you".  He's a polite guy and had to think on the spot for an answer to a ridiculous question.

I agree with you. If I ever met BC I would never ask him personal questions. Rude.

September 12, 2014 8:44 pm  #34093

I really hate how everything he says is always taken out of context.There's actually a video of Q&A which explains the "I'm taken" thing.
http://youtu.be/RpySzX6IV8A
But if he is taken,i'm really glad.He deserves all the love.

September 12, 2014 8:55 pm  #34094

The concensus elsewhere was he was taken 'aback', but that's not what he actually said - it could have been just a smartass answer to a stupid and embarrassing question, because I doubt he'd reveal something so personal in a room full of journalists.  If he really is, well good for him, about time.  He needs to get busy having babies before he has to marry a child bride, LOL.

September 12, 2014 8:57 pm  #34095

What is the context?  I thought it was in response to the silly question (I'd watched a bad recording) but here it looks like it's in response to something Keira sad, and possibly "we're taken".  What did she say?

September 12, 2014 9:01 pm  #34096

I don't know,all I see is him goofing around.He points to Keira when he says that cos She and this  dude(Matthew?Allen? sorry) were also goofing at him.

September 12, 2014 9:03 pm  #34097

This should answer all questions:

The question that would soon have everyone in the room cringing came near the end of the quite lengthy talk, in which every questioner seemed to be female and every question directed to Cumberbatch. He made a valiant effort to wade through the fawning, giving long, thoughtful answers every time. Then a woman got up to the mic and declared, “Benedict, I actually think you’re quite yummy.” Everyone laughed. So she repeated herself. “You really are quite yummy.”

“When is the question coming?” Toronto Film Festival director Cameron Bailey interjected. The woman said she had two really important questions, both for Cumberbatch, of course. One was what part of the role of WWII hero codebreaker Alan Turing did he identify with most. And the second very important question, keeping with the theme of the film, which “is that it’s okay to be a little bit different… Would I be able to feast on your yumminess?”

Keira Knightley slapped Cumberbatch’s leg she was laughing so hard, then turned toward him, exaggeratedly anticipating his answer.

Cumberbatch, beet red, composed himself. “I’ll answer the first part of your question, which is… Christ. Sorry, I’m taken. I did not go into this Q&A about a gay icon who killed himself at 41 thinking I’d have to answer questions from someone who wants to taste my deliciousness.”

(It is from a gossip site but seems quite believable)
To Cumberbatch’s credit, he managed to bring the discussion straight back to Turing, and the movie’s true story of how the math genius led a team of cryptographers and linguists who cracked Enigma, the machine the Nazis used to send encrypted messages. It was an achievement that may have shortened the war by two years and saved countless lives, and the machine Turing invented to combat Enigma was essentially the first computer. Cumberbatch explained that “not being a math genius, or a hero, or a gay icon,” he found his way into the character because Turing was an incredibly sensitive human being.

Last edited by SusiGo (September 12, 2014 9:03 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 12, 2014 9:06 pm  #34098

Liberty wrote:

What is the context?  I thought it was in response to the silly question (I'd watched a bad recording) but here it looks like it's in response to something Keira sad, and possibly "we're taken".  What did she say?

Woops,slow typer I am.  For everybody: this girl from the audience asked that infamous "can I taste your yumminess" question. You can see Keira and dude making a show over it. So he points at them and says that "I'm taken"

September 12, 2014 9:17 pm  #34099

Edgeucated wrote:

Liberty wrote:

What is the context?  I thought it was in response to the silly question (I'd watched a bad recording) but here it looks like it's in response to something Keira said, and possibly "we're taken".  What did she say?

Woops,slow typer I am.  For everybody: this girl from the audience asked that infamous "can I taste your yumminess" question. You can see Keira and dude making a show over it. So he points at them and says that "I'm taken"

Thanks!  I thought he was pointing to himself and Keira.

This video doesn't show the body language but has better sound.  I know the internet says I'm wrong, but this time I heard "Sorry, I've already taken it" (the question), possibly in response to "I think we're going to move on, I'm sorry".  If that's the case, then he was being even more polite!   Or he's joking to the others on the panel.  Who knows?

Last edited by Liberty (September 12, 2014 9:28 pm)

September 12, 2014 9:33 pm  #34100

Liberty wrote:

Edgeucated wrote:

Liberty wrote:

What is the context?  I thought it was in response to the silly question (I'd watched a bad recording) but here it looks like it's in response to something Keira said, and possibly "we're taken".  What did she say?

Thanks!  I thought he was pointing to himself and Keira.

This video doesn't show the body language but has better sound.  I know the internet says I'm wrong, but this time I heard "Sorry, I've already taken it" (the question), possibly in response to "I think we're going to move on, I'm sorry".  If that's the case, then he was being even more polite!   Or he's joking to the others on the panel.  Who knows?

I don't know but I hope BC is happy.

Board footera