BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2012 8:53 pm  #21

Re: For those who fancy a look at Cumberbeach

Irene_Adler wrote:

Well, I love Benedict and find him extremely attractive, I really do, but I don't like this "sun-taned-musculated-hairdyed" look he's got in America. I prefer the ginger, skinny, pale guy. But I'm I bit weird so... never mind.
Thank for the pics, mor, I'll try to find something for you 

I agree people like that are just amaizing

I <3 Sherlock Holmes
    Twitter = @ellen_lowe

May 17, 2012 3:16 am  #22

God, I'm in heaven.. oh.. wait.. I'm still at Sherlock Forum.. XD

Gingerbatch~ he is dangerously attractive man..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

May 17, 2012 5:49 am  #23

so true.   got my teddy bear.  Good night!

May 22, 2012 8:12 pm  #24

rawr ♥

That's all I'm gonna say, haha.

June 5, 2012 1:03 am  #25

m0r1arty wrote:

2) Nicely chosen indeed! And she sounds quite Keely Smith in that rendition - one of my favourites

-m0r

lovely  pics here.   

m0r you know of Keely Smith?  So do I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 5, 2012 1:06 am  #26

I'm a big fan of Louis Prima and his gang, she was a very big part of that as well as being an amazing artist in her own right.

How did you become acquainted with her lovely voice?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 5, 2012 7:29 pm  #27

I just noticed, looking at the Cumberbeach pictures (well, I was a bit distracted) BC doesn't have any tattoos, Surely that's unusual these days. Even some very 'respectable' people I know have at least one tattoo. I got one on my arm a couple of years ago when I had a big birthday (none of your business, how rude!) and am seriously considering another one, maybe "a singe step" from the quote "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" to remind me to take the actually bloody step, as I tend to get stuck overthinking things. Mind you, I can't stand that tattoo sleeve look that is so popular with sports people these day, I just know they will regret it ine day.

Also, in Australia we refer to people with red hair, including our wonderful Prime Minister Julia Gillard (a woman leader, hurray!!!) as rangas, as in orangutans. Oh we crazy Aussies!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 5, 2012 8:34 pm  #28

In the UK tattoos were started generally in dockyards for sailors ( I believe originally to identify their bodies if they were lost at sea). Then they became popular amongst  the British upper classes, copying  King Edward VII who had a tattoo in the 1860s (when he was Prince Edward) and one of his brothers in the 1880s. It then became literally all the rage amongst the upper echelons of British society.

Gradually, however, by the 1930s people from the middle classes started copying the upper lasses in the fashion of having tattoos. As usual when such things happen, the upper classes then thought of tattoos as being, infra-dig, and they stopped having tattoos done.

It is unusual here, generally, for men who have not served in the Navy, who are of the Upper middle class or above to have tattoos. I would be surprised if there are many old boys of Harrow or Eton who have tattoos.

This is probably going to sound really strange to some of you but it really is a class thing still here (with some exceptions, of course).

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 11, 2012 10:35 pm  #29

I love that last pic of Benedict. 
Lara Pulver does remind me a bit of a younger Courtney Cox

July 12, 2012 1:47 am  #30

Wholocked wrote:

Irene, I just found a Gingerbatch pic I hadn't seen before and thought I'd share cause it's just nommy.

OMG - The Little Prince - all grown up!  My god, does that man know how to wear a coat or what!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 12, 2012 3:34 am  #31

I love this pic, but I really like him with dark hair. Give me a tall, slim man with dark wavy hair and dark eyes any day. OK, I'll make an exception for Benny.

Good God, can this guy wear a coat or what?  (I just realized I quoted KP almost exaclty.) t How many guys can make a coat sexy? That's at least two for Ben.

I don't mind a little bit of tattoo, but I'm glad he doesn't have any.

Thank you so much for this thread that lets us swoon like teenagers whether we are or not.

July 12, 2012 7:05 am  #32

I never considered coats to be sexy - until Ben came - the yellow photo above - unbelievable! And I once mentioned braces and was promptly provided with a gorgeous shirt and braces picture. Yesterday I watched the pilot and I must say what stayed with me was him wearing those black jeans. Unusual on Sherlock, but not butt, eh, bad  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2012 4:47 pm  #33

Susi, is that the bit where he is also wearing a green striped shirt and does his little hip wiggle? I LOVE that, it makes life worth living 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 12, 2012 5:53 pm  #34

Yeeessss, that's the one .

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 13, 2012 12:40 am  #35

those pics!!    remember how  matt smith the 11th dr  said  "Still not ginger!!"  ?  well,  our benny could be the 12th dr who,  with his handsome ginger hair.   I  must say  I  like Ben better with dark hair,  but he does look really good in red hair too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 3:33 am  #36

If someone could photoshop that "The Little Prince" photo to give him blue-black hair and dark or green eyes...sigh.
And if you tell me that with that coat he is wearing fitted pants (trousers!!!) and high boots...
I mean, it's not like I have a fantasy or anything.

July 25, 2012 6:33 pm  #37

Nobody took my hint.

July 25, 2012 6:48 pm  #38

I'm so sorry, Veecee, but I'm no Photoshop wizard 

July 26, 2012 3:36 am  #39

Thanks, anyway. It's not like the photo isn't enjoyable the way it is.

Board footera