BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2014 8:39 pm  #61

Re: New special edition of series 1-3 with lots of extras

Mattlocked wrote:

Well, you wouldn't be the first not marrying someone although you love him. HER! Her!

At least you didn't shoot the man I love even more than I love you.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 8, 2014 8:41 pm  #62

That's just because my real name doesn't start with "M" 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 8, 2014 8:43 pm  #63

For me it is obvious that they chose TEH because they already talked about that one quite a lot. No problem there. So they had the choice between TSoT and HLV and I think it is quite telling that they left out TSoT. Not the most controversial episode in terms of characterisation, not the Is Moriarty Back episode, no, they left out the one that is basically Sherlock's declaration of love to John. 

Just imagine the deadly silence during the chair scene at the beginning or the dance floor scene or the "Whatever it is you are" or the knee grope and the Sherlock's arm around John's shoulder … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 8, 2014 8:48 pm  #64

You reckon?
I think they would have been in hysterics and had great fun with it...
Though I will concede one point:
The Chair is the most emotion prvoking piece of furniture in 221B!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 8, 2014 8:51 pm  #65

So you think they were in hysterics about the dance floor scene? Is that why Sherlock looks so happy in it? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 8, 2014 8:52 pm  #66

Oh, that would have been easy...! During the knee grab they just would have talked about how they prepared the sticky notes so they wouldn't constantly fall off Martin's and Benedict's foreheads; during the chair scene at the beginning they would have explained that that was the moment when Sherlock decided to get John's chair out of the room just because it took up too much space; and they would have told us that Sherlock's arm was around John's shoulder because Sherlock had a cramp in his arm and just needed to stretch it. And they would have told us that Sherlock was so sad on the dance floor because he realized that he had spilled coffee and cream all over his suit and that because of that nobody wanted to dance with him. It's all so simple, we don't need a commentary for that...!

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 8, 2014 8:54 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 8, 2014 8:54 pm  #67

Seroiusly, I think it would have been a very balanced and understanding and loving commentary...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 8, 2014 9:30 pm  #68

Schmiezi wrote:

That would make a lovely new topic for the alphaber game, "Things they would have said at the commentary of TSoT".

It might even deserve it's own thread.  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 9, 2014 3:44 pm  #69

SusiGo wrote:

So you think they were in hysterics about the dance floor scene? Is that why Sherlock looks so happy in it? 

Yes they would be. Especially Moffat, he'd just be like 'Did that hurt, audience? Did that hurt? Muhahahaha'. 

September 11, 2014 2:40 pm  #70

First outtake: www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-09-11/exclusive-sherlock-outtake-sees-benedict-cumberbatch-and-martin-freeman-swearing-up-a-storm 

I don't understand 50% from it, If someone does and has time to write it down, it would be amazing!

September 11, 2014 2:50 pm  #71

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 11, 2014 3:13 pm  #72

What scene/episode was the outtake from? I mean...what were they supposed to be saying when they called Action?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 11, 2014 3:52 pm  #73

I think is S3 TSOT the "Henry"  "Humpfrey" "Hamish" part .

September 11, 2014 4:10 pm  #74

Yes, I think you are right. They really know how to tease us. 

September 11, 2014 5:18 pm  #75

I can't pretend I'm not just  a tad annoyed with the BBC.
But yes, my lovely hubby has allowed me to order the new £109 job, even though the £13.99 one was already on pre-order.

September 11, 2014 5:18 pm  #76

Now there is new information on the contents of the special edition from Sherlockology:

http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2014/9/5/sherlock-s3-special-edition-050914

And hear, hear, the audio commentary is only for TEH. 

September 11, 2014 5:21 pm  #77

Ah,I did wonder.

September 11, 2014 5:24 pm  #78

And I think this is very telling. TEH is the episode they have already talked about most, at the BFI, in the extras …
Btw, Martin and Benedict are not involved. Somehow I get the idea that they really do not want to discuss anything about the other two episodes. Wonder why. 

September 11, 2014 5:30 pm  #79

SusiGo wrote:

And I think this is very telling. TEH is the episode they have already talked about most, at the BFI, in the extras …
Btw, Martin and Benedict are not involved. Somehow I get the idea that they really do not want to discuss anything about the other two episodes. Wonder why. 

Because the sneaky bastards know we're on to them now!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 11, 2014 5:33 pm  #80

Yep. Think of all the scenes that would have been accompanied by deadly silence … 

Board footera