BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2014 9:42 am  #41

Re: Will the kid die too?

I disagree with you where the dog is concerned. For me it has the function of showing that Sherlock just suppressed his emotions which had been there all along and that in his past he had problems in adjusting his feelings and his mind. Therefore Mycroft taught him how to distance himself from his feelings and learn to rely on his brain instead. The dog gives us a glimpse into his childhood. This is at least how I saw it but then I am quite immune against getting emotional about dogs. 
I remember very well the discussion on this board if Sherlock had any feelings at all so we should not discount this as self-evident. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 7, 2014 9:58 am  #42

I understand why the dog is there plotwise. It's how the audience imagines Sherlock's emotional state of mind. One of emotional repression and self-denial. I just don't see it like that.
I tried to draw people's attention to the exceptionally overuse of sentimental elements in Series 3. Futile. Obviously. Won't try that again.

April 7, 2014 2:48 pm  #43

What if Moriarty kills her?
Or he has anything to do with her because of her shock at the end of season 3?
Also I find that she looked quite shocked after Sherlock told her she was pregnant... maybe John not the father?

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 27, 2014 3:14 pm  #44

Maybe John only fires blanks. (No viable sperm, low sperm count, etc.) Neither of them knew this. But Mary could have figured out that something was amiss after a certain amount of being together with John. Maybe Mary was desperate to have a baby and either used the turkey baster method herself, or asked a friend to do her a favor.  Someone upthread mentioned the incident of the Mary's ex-boyfriend  being cool towards Mary at the wedding. Of course this fellow had been warned off by Sherlock and placed "on warning" during the wedding preparation phase.

Does Sherlock  have suspicions? We'll see.

September 1, 2014 5:26 pm  #45

Moriarty did promise to burn the heart out of Sherlock...
I like the way Moffatt used the word, "devastating", for Season 4!
I like Zeratul's previous theory regarding Moriarty's involvement with this too.
Addicted to this drama!  Mwah!

September 4, 2014 11:05 pm  #46

I think little Shezza Watson will be safe. The marriage between Mary and John might not be. Sherlock had said that Mary was posibly "not originally English" and that she was "running from something.
I hope the CIA goons (including the one Sherlock threw out the window) are not involved.
As a Merkin, I find it tiresome when Brit TV brings out the CIA goons. They are the Hamburger Helper (a Merkin meal extender) of brit drama. But playing CIA goons provide jobs for actors so I guess some good comes of using this plot device.

Don't get me wrong - Brit TV rocks. The British do everything better than us Merkins. Mostly.

September 4, 2014 11:14 pm  #47

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

I think little Shezza Watson will be safe.

I don't care what they end up calling her for real, from now on, she's going to be Shezza to me.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

September 5, 2014 12:12 am  #48

I think we ought to throw Shezza Watson a baby shower.

September 5, 2014 5:58 am  #49

Shezza?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 5, 2014 9:20 am  #50

Nice name for a little girl. Billy ("The Wig") can be Shezza's godfather.

September 5, 2014 11:28 am  #51

LOL!! *rollingaroundthefloor*

September 5, 2014 2:04 pm  #52

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

Nice name for a little girl.

There's a character named Shazza in Bridget Jones' Diary, so Shezza's definitely plausible!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 1, 2016 8:39 pm  #53

I think that an attempt will be made on the lives of John, Baby Watson and Mary to get to Holmes. They will survive but realize that Mary and the Baby will never be safe if they stay in London. Irene Adler is working for Moriarty still but decides to stop and goes into hiding.  Mary and the Baby will go live in Latin America. Irene will go to USA. John will feel the extreme loss , Sherlock will go into retirement for a moment. Then, they will move back in together and continue solving crimes. 

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

It's canon that Mary dies and most people are expecting it to happen at some point in Series 4. They could always go a different route and have her in some witness protection programme where John could never see her again; or in prison for the rest of her life, but whatever happens, we know they are going to get her out of the picture.

What then, do you think will happen to Baby Watson? It would be quite shocking to kill a child after its been born, even for Moftiss. Killing it whilst its still in the womb is generally more acceptable. So, maybe a miscarriage?

Or do you think the baby will survive? If so, how can it be a part of Sherlock and John's life? Sherlock, John & The Baby? Sounds like a trashy sitcom about a gay couple bringing up a kid.

Board footera