BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2014 3:42 pm  #21

Re: What do you do when you are frustrated?

I tend to bake when I'm angry/frustrated, along with painting, that's something that tends to release a lot of my emotions.
Obviously, watching Sherlock and going on tumblr also always put me in a better mood!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 11, 2014 4:57 pm  #22

I also grab my toy replica gun from the drawer and shoot orange darts at the wall... Sherlock was really on to something there! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 27, 2014 10:41 pm  #23

Depending on what of day it is or where I am.

Go for a walk.
Go on youtube plug in ear phones and listen to Darren Hayes or watch Sherlock vids*there is  something about Ben's voice that is very relaxing, that dude could be reading a tax return form and I would happily listen*

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

August 12, 2014 7:18 pm  #24

I go for a run, or I make a cup of tea, grab my kindle and find a book to absorb myself in.

Or both...but not at the same time.

August 12, 2014 7:19 pm  #25

TiggyDoolittle wrote:

Depending on what of day it is or where I am.

Go for a walk.
Go on youtube plug in ear phones and listen to Darren Hayes or watch Sherlock vids*there is  something about Ben's voice that is very relaxing, that dude could be reading a tax return form and I would happily listen*

Have you tried the video of him singing Can't Keep It Inside from August Osage County? It's very relaxing.

August 13, 2014 10:50 am  #26

-Fanfic, forums and Pinterest. 
-Chocolate
-Reading or studying
-Playing music
-Or depending on my frustration level, some of the above after ranting and stomping around for a while xD

Last edited by ArwendeLuhtiene (August 13, 2014 10:51 am)

August 26, 2014 5:23 pm  #27

Sherlock DVDs are comforting to me at the moment. BC is lovely!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

August 26, 2014 11:51 pm  #28

today WAS a bad day

so...
I first listen to heavy metal and sing/scream along, while throwing things against the wardrobe
then I go outside and run barefoot through the garden (if it rains even better)
afterwards I sit down and smoke (sometimes, bad habit)
when I'm finally exhausted, I curl up in bed and watch Sherlock (prefer TRF then, and do some crying)

Sometimes I talk to friends or play my guitar, but that's dependent on mood and
when I'm really depressed it doesn't help.

the best way to cheer up I found in London... I would simply walk down to the Thames foreshore at midnight, sit down on the stairs somewhere, and take in the lights on the river... no way to be unhappy then, for me. pure beauty, which made me forget everything.
the sea works as well, going down to the beach, walking barefoot in the dark through the breaking waves...

"It is what it is."

August 31, 2014 4:58 pm  #29

Forgot to say that I find shooting arrows pretty good to release my frustration as well. Sherlock was definitely on to something there, I agree xD Too bad it isn't a handy solution.

Last edited by ArwendeLuhtiene (August 31, 2014 4:58 pm)

August 31, 2014 6:21 pm  #30

- Run until exhaustion
- Take it out on my pillow
- Take a hot hot hot hot bath
- Drink Whiskey
- Listen to angry music
- Cry
- Throw things against the wall

September 2, 2014 9:31 am  #31

Chocolate definitely helps, alas to my shape...
And music, listening, singing along...
And it always helps to get out and about, a little stroll is just enough.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 2, 2014 1:39 pm  #32

Listening to music and also singing is always my salvation - it brings me down when I'm angry, makes me happy when I'm sad, and dristracts me when I need to forget all of my troubles for a while. Then I'm in my own dreamworld where I can imagine everything I want and forget everything around me.

Recently I'm jumping on my rebounder which is quite funny. It makes me feel much better and it's also good for my shape.

Watching telly is very distracting for me, especially shows where I can laugh out loud (e.g. Jimmy Fallon and of course "Sherlock") or where I can forget all my troubles because of the excitement of the happenings. Together with some chocolate or popcorn it's even more relaxing.

Talking to friends and family members also helps me to deal with problems and trouble. They can help me to find solutions to my problems which I didn't think of.

September 2, 2014 4:46 pm  #33

Ah, another rebounder owner! Welcome to the club! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera