BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2014 3:45 pm  #1

oh my god.... what if this is true...

mary is pregnant, correct? mary has a dark secret, yes? what if she has more than one...?

mark gatiss and steven moffat keep saying that everything will change for them. what if, the child isnt johns....

WHAT IF MARY IS IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH MORIARTY? WHAT IF THE CHILD IS JIM'S?! OH MY GOD!!!! THERE MIGHT BE A BABY MORIARTY!!!!

i'm only thinking this, because mary wuld be an excellent contact for jim into sherlocks world.... just consider it.

Last edited by moriartytheunicorn (July 13, 2014 4:28 pm)

do you think its a possiblity?

" You cant give creativity a deadline" - Aimee Powell

July 13, 2014 3:50 pm  #2

Re: oh my god.... what if this is true...

Hey, no need to shout at me!!! 

Hm....no. Moriarty is dead. 
I thought about the baby and I think it's possible that it's from her partner before John. (Don't remember the name, but, you know, the one who didn't dare to hug Mary and was "interviewed" so extremely polite by Sherlock.  )
But Jim? No.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 13, 2014 4:18 pm  #3

Mattlocked wrote:

I thought about the baby and I think it's possible that it's from her partner before John. (Don't remember the name, but, you know, the one who didn't dare to hug Mary and was "interviewed" so extremely polite by Sherlock. )

David.

I think that making someone else the father of Mary's baby is a way out of the "baby problem" (what to do with it in S4?) that is too easy for the show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 13, 2014 4:27 pm  #4

yeah, i see what you mean. they might make her lose the baby or something.... more dramatic that way

" You cant give creativity a deadline" - Aimee Powell

August 31, 2014 12:00 am  #5

Moffat Doyle and Sherlock are all Goethe fans.
Goethe bust in Sh bedroom..Goethe quotes in cannon and Dr who etc...

In Goethe's book Elective affinities...two people propose a test of the chemistry of love..would be...by kinda faking death..and seeing if their partners are chemically drawn to each other...in a kinda wife swap scenario...

In Goethe's..Sorrows of young Werther
Werther..the hero...commits suicide by shooting himself in the head after realising the woman he loves loves someone else...

SH - Love is a chemical defect.

Last edited by lil (August 31, 2014 12:06 am)

August 31, 2014 12:06 am  #6

I think that the best and most unexpected twist would be that the baby is Sherlock's.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 31, 2014 5:55 am  #7

maryagrawatson wrote:

I think that the best and most unexpected twist would be that the baby is Sherlock's.

Mary

Unexpeced yes, but best??? No, not for me. Sorry, but this idea feels wrong on so many levels. I mean, no matter if you see the boys' relationship as friendship or romance, I cannot believe thatSherlock would do this to John.

No, just no,

Last edited by Schmiezi (August 31, 2014 6:02 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 31, 2014 7:39 am  #8

maryagrawatson wrote:

Do I detect traces of sarcasm here..? 

August 31, 2014 7:41 am  #9

How could the baby be Sherlock's?  I can't see that happening.   Just before the wedding? 

I've been convinced that the baby is John's, but I have to admit, if they're going to put a twist in, then having the baby be somebody else's is an obvious one. 

Magnusson is another possibility as he could have put pressure on Mary, but I don't see it.  His cruelty is more subtle than that. 

David is a possibility, but it seems unlikely that Mary would want to have a fling just before getting married.  (Yes, I know people do!).  She does seem to want to be with John at that point, and is making such a show of the wedding.   Also, it would have meant they'd have had to do the deed after Sherlock had warned David off. 

I could definitely see a Mary/Moriarty connection, but I really don't want him to be alive.   Sherlock assumes he's gay when he's Jim from IT too, although that could have been Moriarty acting, and obviously being gay doesn't preclude being able to impregnate Mary for some purpose. but Mary doesn't seem to know she's pregnant until Sherlock tells her. 

That goes for the other candidates as well - if Mary had come off contraception and then had sex with somebody else just before the wedding, then surely she'd have already been worried about pregnancy and either doing a test or looking out for signs herself.  If she'd only had sex with John, she wouldn't necessarily be thinking about it, and would have the reaction we see at the wedding. 

August 31, 2014 2:11 pm  #10

Liberty wrote:

How could the baby be Sherlock's?

It was a joke.....

We've all been coming up with these wild theories and that was the most absurd thing I could think of...

Mary

August 31, 2014 2:30 pm  #11

BTW I have seen this idea been presented in at least two fanfics, and the authors really considered that a possibility.

August 31, 2014 2:38 pm  #12

Schmiezi wrote:

BTW I have seen this idea been presented in at least two fanfics, and the authors really considered that a possibility.

I actually read such a fic a while back. The premise actually made sense to me. But this isn't the fan fiction thread, so that's as far as I'm going.

Mary

August 31, 2014 3:01 pm  #13

maryagrawatson wrote:

That made my day :D
After all, John even suggest that Mary and Sherlock should have married.
Hehe.

@ Schmiezi/Mary - you maybe would PM me a link to the fanfic? ;)

Last edited by Whisky (August 31, 2014 3:03 pm)

"It is what it is."

August 31, 2014 3:44 pm  #14

Believe me, I cannot even type the words ansd sounds needed to respond to this absurd premise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 31, 2014 3:52 pm  #15

besleybean wrote:

Believe me, I cannot even type the words ansd sounds needed to respond to this absurd premise.

I also think it's absurd, but after all, absurd theories are a fun way to pass time. (But then again, I'm always sure the writers somehow know what we're thinking and I really don't want them to get ideas like that... so maybe better not joke too much on it... they might just go for it, as seen in TEH ;) )

Last edited by Whisky (August 31, 2014 3:53 pm)

"It is what it is."

August 31, 2014 3:56 pm  #16

I'd also be interested in reading the fanfic, because I can't make it work in my head at the moment and I'm curious!

I don't think they could put this in in S4, though.  I don't care how it's done (Sherlock's a sperm donor, and ... etc.), it can't just jump up without any proper hints and foreshadowing in S3.  I don't like twists that come out of the blue.  I like to be able to think there was some way to see that.  It is a show about at detective after all, so we need to be allowed to make a few of our own deductions, not just have things thrown at us unexpectedly! 

August 31, 2014 4:01 pm  #17

Liberty wrote:

(Sherlock's a sperm donor, and ... etc.)

Okay okay, right, stop it, now I'm joining in with the "no words no sounds" thing.
:D

"It is what it is."

August 31, 2014 4:06 pm  #18

Not until pigs fly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 31, 2014 4:11 pm  #19

Again, I was joking! OMG. I'm never doing that again!

Mary

August 31, 2014 4:14 pm  #20

Tee Hee. 

Board footera