BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2012 5:43 am  #61

Re: Chit-chat

tobeornot221b, can't but agree!
Content is great!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 10, 2012 7:48 am  #62

That guy who plays Hathaway in Lewis is Laurence Fox. There is a bit more about him in the General Benedict Appreciation section (nearly spelled that section...oo err!)-Benedict's voice soundalike. He is married to Billy Piper by the way, who used to be in Doctor Who.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 10, 2012 10:14 pm  #63

I  KNEW  the Fox name  sounded familiar!!!  I  loved Billie  in doctor who.   Yeah  the price for Sherlock's coat is over $1000  USA dollars.   I remember I wanted the clothes that my barbie doll had,  when I was growing up.  Not the shoes,  just the clothes.   Guess what?  I noticed in one of the newest SH games online-- that purple shirt was in there.   Ok  I  gotta get off before my fingers fall apart..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 11, 2012 3:03 am  #64

Davina wrote:

That guy who plays Hathaway in Lewis is Laurence Fox. There is a bit more about him in the General Benedict Appreciation section (nearly spelled that section...oo err!)-Benedict's voice soundalike. He is married to Billy Piper by the way, who used to be in Doctor Who.

In my younger days I had sort of a crush on Laurence Fox's father, James Fox, who I remember most from a movie called "King Rat". He was blond and handsome - at least in that movie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 11, 2012 4:43 am  #65

there's a lot of well known siblings  and relatives who are actors/actresses...

you ever hear an old song on the telly, or radio,   and then  you can't get it outta your head?   well--I was watching an old Mary Tyler moore show--Yep--  the theme song--sing it with me everyone---  "You're gonna make it after all!"   (The song is called "Love is all around) 

goodnight   all!!   this kitty needs to go finish watching her favorite show  and  go down for a catnap.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 11, 2012 11:04 am  #66

CSI etc. has led to an enormous increase in applications for forensic science degrees at universities here. At the same time the government has closed the national forensic science laboratories.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 12, 2012 12:34 am  #67

Davina wrote:

CSI etc. has led to an enormous increase in applications for forensic science degrees at universities here. At the same time the government has closed the national forensic science laboratories.

Isn't that just awful!!   This just proves that nothing, which is funded by the gov't,  is safe.  What's next? I didn't like it much,  when our president  closed down the Space Program  and put our shuttles out to pasture.    I  LOVED  watching those ships go  and come  back!!   I  miss them.

I  am feeling better...I  still have pain in my  left side---don't know what it is but I've got some hunches...Am  gonna  go  see abt this tomorrow.   

You ever take a road trip, simply cos you love driving?  Yeah,  me too.   One of my  desires is to take a ride down Route 66  in  USA. After all,  one of our stores has a clothing line based on that route. I  LOVE those clothes!!  One of these days I'll do it.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 12, 2012 12:49 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 3:39 am  #68

I was so busy with work and getting ready for houseguests that I almost didn't get on the forum today. But a day without Sherlock is like a day without sunshine. I really, really have to go to bed, but maybe just one more thread...

Glad you're feeling better, Skitty.

July 12, 2012 6:17 am  #69

veecee--thanks--  were you the one that was asking about the sherlock dvd's  and how to get past the trailers  to the menus?  If so,  I  do have a solution.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 3:53 am  #70

That was me!
I can fast forward on Season 1, but not on Season 2.

July 13, 2012 4:10 am  #71

That's  the thing.   I  assume that your remote has  a  SELECT/ENTER NEXT/PREVIOUS  group of buttons,  and then  it also has the PLAY, FAST FWD, GO BACK  buttons?  Ok  when you put in the dvd,  press the PLAY  button.  wait for the first screenshot to come on  (this would be the  warning of copyrights  thing)  and then  press  the FAST FWD  button. Doesn't matter when--just hit FF when the new screenshot comes on.   If you use the SELECT  group of buttons,  it won't work.  I've tried it.   try  it this way  and get back to me.   Hope this works for you!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 3:35 pm  #72

Some general chit chat about this thread (see what I did there!). Funny, I find chit chat difficult in real life, bit a breeze here, must be the company 

Sammy and Mattlocked, you both used the term 'a repitition' about an episode of a tv show being shown again. The more readily used term would be 'a repeat'.I hope you don't mind me correcting this. I admire those who can speak and understand a language other than their own.

Arya & Dramagod - I loved the X-Files, especially Krycek. If you think Moriarty was a bad-ass, OMG, Krycek left him in the dust  (and was a total hottie, but that had nothing to do with it, of course 

Sherlockskitty, sorry you have been crook (Aussie for sick), glad you are feeling better, get yourself a better doctor, life is too short to be suffering unneccessarily (did I spell that right LOL). Also, yes, as Santa for a laptop, the mouse is generally okay and you can always plug another one in if the built-in one karks it ( Aussie for dies). The great thing about laptops is you can use them anywhere. I am currently sitting up in bed at 1.29 am using one. If I had to sit in a study or lounge room (Aussie for living/sitting room) I probably wouldn't bother. Oh, who am I kidding, of course I would! But a laptop is great simply because it is so portable and is great for travelling as well.

Finally (thank god, I hear you cry!) some of you mentioned the purple shirt of sex, so let me just say THE.PURPLE,SHIRT.OF.SEX.   

Hoo Roo (Aussie for goodbye)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 13, 2012 5:16 pm  #73

wow hepzibah  you  backread alot here.   Yeah  having a lappy  would be great for me,  but I'd have to get a router  and set up  my  house for w-ifi,  right?  My  cable co  doesn't provide it. (Weird, huh? i know)  So  I'd  have to buy one from a store. 

Spking of wi-fi--is anyone here familiar with both  kindle and  or  nook  e readers?  I  have a friend  who has a nook,  and I wanna get a kindle.  (why?  because amazon/kindle  has all of the dr who books that I want to buy,  and cos the barnes and noble/nook  does not)   So--  question--if  I  got my  house set up for wi fi,  would I be able to use BOTH  of those e readers  at my  house?  I  ask this cos I'm really not sure.

edit--hose,  or house?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 13, 2012 5:26 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 5:29 pm  #74

Hey, Kitty, as long as broadband is available in your area, you can have a wireless connection to your laptop. I don't have wi-fi, i just connect using a dongle (why does that sound rude!). I have a Kindle. which is the best thing ever, I download books to my computer and then to my laptop. My sister-in-law has a different model of Kindle and downloads books directly to it. Have to admit to being a bit of a techno illiterate, so not really sure how it works. If you know someone aged in their early twenties, they will know! My nephew is 23 and does all my techo-computer-kindle stuff for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 13, 2012 6:01 pm  #75

SKitty - Love, love, love my Kindle. Husband has one and we have given five as gifts. But have never owned a Nook, so can't compare.

My Season 2 DVD will not let me FFWD through the ads. It just puts up a "warning" messaage saying "Not Available," meaning FFWD is not available.

hep -- I cannot hear enough (or see enough) of the PSOS, which in my naivete I originally thought meant Purple Shirt of Sherlock.

July 13, 2012 6:04 pm  #76

veecee wrote:

hep -- I cannot hear enough (or see enough) of the PSOS, which in my naivete I originally thought meant Purple Shirt of Sherlock.

So did I  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 13, 2012 6:26 pm  #77

I JUST bought a biiig new screen for my compi. 25".. and now.... I will connect it... and then... go on youtube... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 13, 2012 8:44 pm  #78

Ah, thank you hepzibah for the correction always appreciated!

Hmm.. the purple shirt of sex!
That combination of a brilliant colour and a very tight cut... I think I would like to see Sherlock in a blue shirt as well. Blue brings out Benedict's eyes!

July 13, 2012 8:58 pm  #79

A bit of PSOS only for you!:

July 13, 2012 9:13 pm  #80

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera