BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2014 4:47 pm  #101

Re: Richard III

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 3, 2014 6:41 pm  #102

But a review is just an opinion and everyone's got one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 3, 2014 7:14 pm  #103

I saw Richard III on 19 July and I loved it.  I thought Martin and Gina McKee were brilliant.  Never seen Richard III before and I thought it Bloody, Funny and Intense. Enjoyed it so much that I've booked to see it again in September.  Reviews from people that have been to see the show have all been brilliant - so I wouldn't worry about what a few of the broadsheets might say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
"You get to see a guy who’s just slightly on the edge of being different, and he’s a hero for people who feel they are different or maybe slightly on the edge of society.” Benedict Cumberbatch

August 11, 2014 8:27 pm  #104

I'm seeing it on the 13th Septmber and I'm really looking forward to it. I've seen maybe 5 adaptations/versions of it already, including one at the Globe Theatre in London and a performance by the Royal Shakespeare Company (I'm something of a Shakespeare fan. I'd be fangirling over him if it were the right era). I am so excited to see my 6th version of this play with the incredible Martin Freeman!

August 15, 2014 10:08 am  #105

I can't wait to see it AGAIN on 1st September. I also have tickets booked for 27th September as well now, and I'm going to try for 22nd too when the Monday tickets come on sale. I literally cannot get enough of this show, GUHHHH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 27, 2014 8:04 am  #106

Hello!
I need some advice, esp from peeps who have seen this!  I REALLY want to go to see this, but I was to late to grab tickets for the only days I am in London (sept 12, 13, and 26th) that show the play.  I have never been to a london production before, the only way that it seems I can go is if I change my flight (which would cost me 149 pounds, THEN I would have to still purchase tickets)  Do you know anywhere I could A) get tickets for one of those days, even though it is sold out? Is there a online ticket auction?  or B) Do you think it would be worth the flight change money?

Carpe Diem, boys, size the day. Make your lives extraordinary.

Oh god yes.

August 27, 2014 4:08 pm  #107

Couldn't you queue for a returned ticket on the day?

Last edited by besleybean (August 27, 2014 4:08 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 27, 2014 5:42 pm  #108

Enjoy the show,  all you lucky folks who are able to attend!    Whenever I need a
Shakespeare refresher,  (or for most any classic play that I'm about to go see),
I love to glance over at Shmoop.    I really enjoy it,  since it's obvious that those who write it
are knowledgable and have a lot of fun with it.   The Richard III entry/analysis
is very readable and funny as usual.

http://www.shmoop.com/richard-iii/

August 28, 2014 9:54 am  #109

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 28, 2014 9:55 am  #110

Is it by the same artist who did Turing pic in your sig?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2014 9:56 am  #111

I love this, gently! Martin looks sooo cool...

Last edited by mrshouse (August 28, 2014 9:57 am)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 28, 2014 9:57 am  #112

SusiGo wrote:

Is it by the same artist who did Turing pic in your sig?

Yeah, it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 28, 2014 9:27 pm  #113

besleybean wrote:

Couldn't you queue for a returned ticket on the day?

I had no idea you could do that! I ended up just scrapping my plans to visit Bath and got tickets for sept 18th. I'm going to Hamlet next year, so I will just make a trip then.

Thank you! I'm super excited!

Oh god yes.

August 28, 2014 11:43 pm  #114

Also, question,
Has anyone managed to get his autograph afterwards?

Oh god yes.

August 31, 2014 9:15 pm  #115

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

August 31, 2014 9:35 pm  #116

Today quite nasty articles about Martin. *emoticon in sulking and  run away modus*

August 31, 2014 9:48 pm  #117

I would not give too much about the Daily Mail. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2014 10:04 pm  #118

I know their quality, but they were also the first to put fire about the applause thing and after that all papers in UK take it and made it to be a huge deal, without trying to do the little possible recherche.

I am kind of upset already about the other article from today, a total mess of epic proportion about how you shoudn't interview Martin. 

August 31, 2014 10:26 pm  #119

It's more than a bit not good to take photos during a stage play--and I've never been in a theater that doesn't announce that ban.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

August 31, 2014 10:41 pm  #120

I know, i don't condone that. 

But what makes me angry, really really angry is to relate that to Hobbit-fans / Sherlock-fans/ whatever fans.How do they know that? How do they don't know that they are not simple some star-strucked persons who have no quite idea about fandom? It puts a bad light on the theater experience as it would be only for fan-girling, it puts a bad light on fandom as such as they would be , i don't know how to say it, brainless? 

Last edited by A lovely light (August 31, 2014 10:43 pm)

Board footera