BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2014 10:17 am  #121

Re: What are you doing?

Currently lying in a hospital bed with a very very VERY badly broken leg awaiting surgery. I'm on Morphine and all I can think about it Sherlock on Morphine haha! I'm whiling the time away writing fanfic!

August 21, 2014 10:25 am  #122

Oh, all the best for the operation and I hope you will be better soon. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 21, 2014 10:38 am  #123

Right! All the best for your leg 

(I hope you did not fall on someone's bins? (Just joking!)  )

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 21, 2014 12:36 pm  #124

I hope the surgery will help you! That sounds painful!

I'm in bed right now, got 'kicked' home from work because of my pain and me trying to hide it... so I'm just watching telly. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (August 21, 2014 12:36 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 21, 2014 7:16 pm  #125

Harriet wrote:

Right! All the best for your leg

(I hope you did not fall on someone's bins? (Just joking!) )

Haha no bins...just a very very unlucky run in with my dog and her lead while going down a hill...I'm so bored I may start shooting walls though

I have gory pics if anyone is interested...I'm out of surgery now and beautifully high on morphine!

Last edited by ComeAtOnceIfConvenient (August 21, 2014 7:20 pm)

August 21, 2014 7:19 pm  #126

Watching Reichenbach...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 21, 2014 7:40 pm  #127

Hello back!    I don't want to see pics, thanks. But I'm squeamish, I wouldn't like heads in my fridge either 

Fallen walking the dog? Sounds like it happened several times. 
Was someone there for help?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 21, 2014 7:50 pm  #128

Harriet surprisingly it's the first time it's happened. I just got tangled up somehow and fell and snap. I'm a paramedic and even I'm not sure how that could have broken my leg so badly but it did haha!

No but luckily the field I was in was right next to a road so I dialled 999 and they came to find me haha!

August 21, 2014 7:58 pm  #129

The first and only time and such a bad injury! Congrats 

How long do you have to stay? Probably it means surgery for several times...

Does your dog feel sorry, at least?

August 21, 2014 8:00 pm  #130

I can't stay mad at her, but she didn't leave my side so I think so

Oh I thought you meant had I fallen over the dog before..no I have broken my leg before which is why is was so easy to break this time. I've got 2 plates and 16 screws and a nice metal cage around my leg. One more surgery now and then another one to remove the cage once the plates and bones have fused. I'm in for 5-7 days...

August 21, 2014 8:12 pm  #131

The least she could do! Does someone take care of her?

Splendid! So you also gained a lot of weight with all this metal. I really hope all goes well.

We once had actually someone here who had a blog with pictures of her leg
http://owmummyithurts.blogspot.com.au/
(She had her leg lengthened, though and it seems the worst pictures are missing by now - phew!)

August 22, 2014 3:00 am  #132

Yeah she's with my boyfriend at the moment.

Haha thankfully not too much. Surgical titanium is surprisingly light. I'm glad otherwise I'd feel very lopsided .

Ouch. That sounds painful!

August 22, 2014 10:50 am  #133

I hope your legs heals speedily and that you make a full recovery. Animals eh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 23, 2014 5:02 pm  #134

I hope you get a lot better with your leg soon too! Enjoy your morphine! Gotta love pain relief! 

I've fallen over my dog a lot of times... never broken my leg but cut them up and bruised them pretty badly. The dog always gives me the "OMG, could you walk any slower??" frown when it happens and I have to hopple back home with him on the leash. 

(I have the worst balance and always had because of my Scoliosis)... I can pretty much stand still and fall on my face. It's a miracle how I only broke my legs once when I was a small kid and since then only have broken my smaller toes about 20 times.

________

I'm trying to find out what Doctor Who DVD's to watch tonight so I won't feel too sorry for myself... (Denmark only gets the new episodes at the beginning of October; the TV station finally answered me...).
And I'm sort of wondering if my best friend will knock on my door... I went grocery shopping earlier and found her outside my building (at first a bit 'worried' she was there to see me... she's mentally ill and I'm one of the very, very few people she trusts when it gets bad.) She was actually there to spend the night with another of her friends... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 24, 2014 9:58 am  #135

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I hope you get a lot better with your leg soon too! Enjoy your morphine! Gotta love pain relief! 

I've fallen over my dog a lot of times... never broken my leg but cut them up and bruised them pretty badly. The dog always gives me the "OMG, could you walk any slower??" frown when it happens and I have to hopple back home with him on the leash. 

(I have the worst balance and always had because of my Scoliosis)... I can pretty much stand still and fall on my face. It's a miracle how I only broke my legs once when I was a small kid and since then only have broken my smaller toes about 20 times.

________

I'm trying to find out what Doctor Who DVD's to watch tonight so I won't feel too sorry for myself... (Denmark only gets the new episodes at the beginning of October; the TV station finally answered me...).
And I'm sort of wondering if my best friend will knock on my door... I went grocery shopping earlier and found her outside my building (at first a bit 'worried' she was there to see me... she's mentally ill and I'm one of the very, very few people she trusts when it gets bad.) She was actually there to spend the night with another of her friends... 

Haha that's exactly the look she gave me while I was writhing on the ground in SIGNIFICANT pain! I'm home now yayayayayay! Back in 6 weeks for the cage to be removed!

August 24, 2014 10:11 am  #136

Yay! Good to hear you're home already! 

You have to love dogs don't you... My dog lives with my mother... and last time it happened he had been giving me that look so bad; right until we made it home to my mum. Then he looked all concerned and wanted to lick my wounds. Pffft! 

I'm cooped up in bed writing a bit, listening to some music hoping my slight fever doesn't evolve... 
My co secretary at the hospital has next week off and I've been given her tasks as well... I can not be sick this week. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 24, 2014 5:13 pm  #137

Just back from my overnight stay in Edinburgh and recovering!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 1, 2014 1:41 pm  #138

Got to go back unfortunately, in 4 weeks . God it's so BORING not being able to walk! I can't go to the gym or play tennis or anything! I'm taking part in the mega sherlock watchalong at the moment and trying to keep myself entertained! I can't work either because paramedics need their legs lol!

September 1, 2014 3:45 pm  #139

Just about to return Loki bunny to his rightful owner...
We've been looking afrer him for a few months and I don't want him to go!

Last edited by besleybean (September 1, 2014 6:39 pm)

September 1, 2014 3:58 pm  #140

Don't start shooting the walls! I hope your leg is all better soon. It sounds awful not being able to work because of it! Good thing you've got Sherlock!

I have days where I can't walk. I HATE them so much... I always feel so locked in. 

Right now I'm reheating lasagne for dinner and just smiling about my guys emails... *giggles like a school girl* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera