BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2014 7:36 am  #1261

Re: Chit-chat

That's fabulous.
Do share!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 24, 2014 5:22 pm  #1262

I realized how camera shy I really am. I've gotten better at letting my friends photograph me without me blushing and hiding.

Yesterday when we were viewing the venue for the Eurovision where I'll be a lot of my work as the Delegation Host for the Irish, while we were waiting and having champagne etc a camera man was in training for when the show kicks off and he decided to train closeups. The man had the camera in my face for 5 minutes while I was trying to fix my ponytail and I just ended up laughing so hard. 

How do people like Ben do it? Have a camera up your nose for such a long time and still being professional?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 24, 2014 7:43 pm  #1263

Yeah, sometimes I admire my son - not a "professional" at all when all the cameras would focus on him. For example today in the Danish Embassy of Riga at the international media press conference, prior to his flight to Copenhagen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 24, 2014 7:48 pm  #1264

Benedict is a professional actor...,that is exactly how he does it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 24, 2014 8:00 pm  #1265

I hope your son will have a great time over here, Tobe!

Yesterday while we were waiting for ages outside, a bit hungry and with the promise of cake we started talking about cakes and before we knew it we were all singing 'Cake to bake'! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 24, 2014 8:04 pm  #1266

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I hope your son will have a great time over here, Tobe!

Yesterday while we were waiting for ages outside, a bit hungry and with the promise of cake we started talking about cakes and before we knew it we were all singing 'Cake to bake'! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 25, 2014 10:58 am  #1267

It is a good song!!

I just realized I've given my doctors secretary a major fright. I'm getting the last things ready before fully emerging myself in Eurovision work (Well, I'm already reaaaaly busy sorting out a small emergency because of my co-workers incompetence)But it's almost sorted now!

I called the secretary to renew my prescription for a large bottle of mild pain killers I take to make the stronger ones work better and this is pretty much what I told her.

"I'd like to renew my prescription for the large bottle of pain killers, I've still got a lot of them, but I'll not really be around much the next weeks, Yeah it's a once in a lifetime thing".

I only meant I'll be running the heels off of my shoes chasing after Ireland at the Eurovision.

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (April 25, 2014 10:58 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 2, 2014 7:48 pm  #1268

What's worse than awkward drunk texts?

Being really, really tired and having had a glass of vodka because I was going to bed early an hour ago... and having to send an important and very, uh, professional sounding email in English... 

I know I reread it a few times, but I bet I'll cringe in the morning. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 17, 2014 2:12 pm  #1269

Not sure if it is a topic for "good news" or for "free rants", so I decided to post it here.

I am going back to work tomorrow, after staying at home for eight month due to a difficult pregnancy and maternal leave afterwards.
(And I would like to thank all those forum members again who helped me through the nearly four month I was not allowed to leave bed except for going to the bathroom. I would have surely gone half crazy without all the DVDs you lent me.)

Tomorrow I will go back to school. There will be the usual teacher's meeting and a special exam for the pupils who want to improve their mark in one subject to qualify for better classes. The same on Tuesday, and then regular teaching again on Wednesday, when Summer Holidays are officially over.

Hubby will stay at home to take care for Baby Schmiezi, and I am a bit nervous about leaving the two of them. Suspect my hormones to tell me it is a bad idea even though theoretically it's all fine. They love each other to pieces.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 17, 2014 7:28 pm  #1270

I think it's good news: you're well, litlle Schmiezi is well and you can return to work safely
I wouldn't say to you to not worry for i'm sure you will eventually^^ have a nice return to "normal" life at work

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 20, 2014 5:02 pm  #1271

I hope it all went fine @Schmiezi! I'm sure you needed to get back to work too!

____

Gosh. I want kids of my own right now... today at work I was performing condition tests on the patients. (I'm a secretary at the hospital, working with childhood obesity). I had the sweetest little patients today! 
I was in a lot of pain by the end of the day and was really ready to give up on it all. My last patient was a sweet 10 year old boy who was just happy and full of energy; and he had his little sister about 6 years old with him... I have never met such an adorable child! She was dancing to the music and showing me how she was a ballarina because I was trying to help her make time pass as the mother was signing some papapers and noticed these hand rails by the wall (for patients who struggle to walk) and asked her if she knew ballet dancers used them... 

I haven't giggled and smiled so much than this afternoon! I'm not even kidding... I want kids. And I want them now! 

A lot of the kids I see have just been raised terrible... they're rude; doesn't care for anything around them. The things I've heard some of the kids say. Ugh. It was such a relief to meet such sweet and healthy kids (the boy was obese, but still... you know what I mean.) 

I remember being a little girl now, wanting to be a ballarina and I would practice in my room all day. Haha awh. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 21, 2014 2:01 am  #1272

Today I finished up a 4 day stint on jury duty.  We ended up convicting the defendent on first-degree murder (mandatory life sentence).  I am feeling emotionally drained right now...it was completely the right decision, but it's still hard knowing that a man is going to prison for the rest of his life, even if he did commit a terrible crime.

Sorry, just had to get it off my chest a bit ^^

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 21, 2014 10:23 am  #1273

Hello Anyone about? I'm stuck in hospital waiting for surgery and I'm BORED!

The nurse might have a n issue if I start shooting the walls...

August 25, 2014 7:36 pm  #1274

sj4iy wrote:

Today I finished up a 4 day stint on jury duty.  We ended up convicting the defendent on first-degree murder (mandatory life sentence).  I am feeling emotionally drained right now...it was completely the right decision, but it's still hard knowing that a man is going to prison for the rest of his life, even if he did commit a terrible crime.

Sorry, just had to get it off my chest a bit ^^

So you have been chosen finally....it must have been very hard to do this! You have my utter respect on this

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 26, 2014 11:35 am  #1275

I feel like I´m under some kind of a curse.

Everytime when I decide to come earlier into work, my tram has a traffic accident. One time we bump into the car that decided to land in front of a moving tram-car, or we get derailed or some shit happens on the rails and we can´t pass through. Nobody gets injured, fortunatelly, but my time reserve is fully depleted by this and I get into work as always.

It´s quite bizzare....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 26, 2014 2:01 pm  #1276

It's not a curse, it's a lesson. Life tells you not to go to work early.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 26, 2014 2:09 pm  #1277

Schmiezi wrote:

It's not a curse, it's a lesson. Life tells you not to go to work early.

I´m not an early riser, so it´s very possible that you are right.

But because the accidents always happen at the same street, nearly in the same place every time, the possibility of some vengeful ghost or such stuff cannot be ruled out either.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 26, 2014 5:33 pm  #1278

I recently learned that I'm related to Niels Bohr. 
Not by blood though... but wow! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 27, 2014 12:41 am  #1279

I had to look up who Niels Bohr is...

I just had a spider in my room, and had to remove it, because I don't share bedrooms with spiders, ever. But it took all my courage to catch it (I cannot kill them little beasts). I'm angry with myself for being such a girl, but these little 8-leg-monsters are just creepy.

"It is what it is."

August 27, 2014 5:45 am  #1280

I can't go anywhere near them, so well done!

Board footera