BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2014 1:44 pm  #1

Hello my fellow Sherlockians!

Hello everyone!

I just stumbled upon this site looking for fan meet-ups, (and any news on that supposed convention this year that was announced back in February) it's a lovely forum! I am looking forward to chatting with you all, I live in a very rural area and no one here even knows about Sherlock... And no, I'm so not kidding...

Also!!!
I am looking for advice on my upcoming trip to London (this September), must see places/tours/spots/tips for a fellow fan let me know! It's my first trip to the UK.

Carpe Diem, boys, size the day. Make your lives extraordinary.

Oh god yes.

August 17, 2014 1:50 pm  #2

Re: Hello my fellow Sherlockians!

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here.

There are many members who have been to London. I am sure they will give you advice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 17, 2014 2:12 pm  #3

Thank you! Your pictures gave me a chuckle

Oh god yes.

August 17, 2014 2:27 pm  #4

Hello there, nice to meet you 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 17, 2014 3:39 pm  #5

Welcome to the forum, you will meet lots of fans to discuss your views. Whatever topic you like, there is all sorts around here.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 17, 2014 10:26 pm  #6

Thank you!

Oh god yes.

August 18, 2014 10:31 am  #7

Hello and welcome to the forum. In London I would suggest one of the bus tours and a river trip. Apart from the Sherlockian highlights, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 18, 2014 12:41 pm  #8

Davina wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum. In London I would suggest one of the bus tours and a river trip. Apart from the Sherlockian highlights, of course.

Thank you for the welcome! A bus tour? I'll research it! Any particular reccomendations? I never thought of a river tour! Thank you again!

Oh god yes.

August 18, 2014 6:35 pm  #9

Hi, warm welcome from me as well 

There are hundreds of bus tour opportunities in London as well as boat tours, and I second Davina's recommendation for a first trip to the city.
Also the London Eye Ferris Wheel is great to have a stunning view over London - you can see the London Eye in the Sherlock opening sequence.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 19, 2014 9:26 pm  #10

Hello!
I haven't been to London yet but I've read a lot from people who have been so I'll write few words You probably want to see some Sherlock's locations; BBC Baker Street is on North Gover Street 187 if you want to take a look; I've also heard that the food in Speedy's is good and cheaper than expected, and there are signed pictures of Sherlock's actors on the wall. I'd definately stopped by A lot of fans come at the Bart's hospital and leave messages in the telephone box near the place Sherlock fell. 

I heard the London Eye is great unless it's cloudy; in that case you can't see much. If you want to see the Tower, prepare yourself for long waiting. About the transport, everyone talked about getting Oyster Card, the tickets are cheaper.

That's all I can remember now. Have a good trip and tell us what you've seen!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 28, 2014 3:18 pm  #11

Hello and have lots of fun! 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

Board footera