BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2014 12:37 am  #1

Another Sherlockian cheking in!

I joined this forum back in January, but uni work has been (and still is) so hectic I haven't been able to even introduce myself. So, belated hi to all!  I'm an astrophysicist grad student from Spain, and I'm really happy to meet fellow Sherlockians!!

A bit about me and Sherlock BBC...I've been an enthusiastic Sherlockian for nearly two years. I love Conan Doyle's work and I absolutely love everything about the BBC series. It's easily become my favourite series, it's just so beautifully done. What's not to love, from the amazing actors (Benedict and Martin especially, but I think they're all awesome), to the music, the lighting, the photography, and the beautiful, deep relationships portrayed. It's hard to wait so long for new episodes, but I think it's well worth it (that doesn't prevent me from currently suffering the effects of hiatus, though...).

I can also say that Sherlock has helped me a lot with my life, not just by having a great series to watch, but also because I really identify with Sherlock's (and also Molly's) character in many ways, and it's nice to see a series that embraces the right of everyone that is 'different' from the rest in some respect to be themselves, and to have friends to appreciate them for what they are. I think I love this series so much because it's about much more than solving cases, it's also about epic friendship, and I think we don't get enough about that.

Apart from an avid (re)watcher of the series, I draw fanart when I find the time, pin a lot, cosplay Sherlock with my Sherlockian mum as John, play Sherlock themes on the piano, and read fanfiction from time to time. Regarding ships, I like epic Sherlock/John friendship and veer towards Sherlolly. I've also just come back from a week in London that included visiting Sherlockian locations in cosplay ^^.

Last edited by ArwendeLuhtiene (August 8, 2014 1:05 am)

August 8, 2014 1:19 am  #2

Re: Another Sherlockian cheking in!

Glad to meet you!  You're in the right place!

August 8, 2014 5:11 am  #3

Ola and warm welcome, you found the right place. What a nice intro! If uni is really busy take good care, this place is addictive! I know what I'm talking about

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 8, 2014 5:52 am  #4

Welcome to the forum.

You cosplay with your Mom? Sounds great. I hope that my son and I will share some passion later, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 8, 2014 8:15 am  #5

Wonderful introduction, Arwende! Welcome to the forum, have a great time here!
And yes, I totally agree with the series being much more than just a show about a detective solving cases. The friendship between Sherlock and John is in the centre of it all.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 8, 2014 10:41 am  #6

Hello and welcome to the board!

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

August 9, 2014 4:20 pm  #7

Welcome to the forum, Arwende!
Do you publish your fanarts somewhere? I'd love to see it, I can't draw myself but I love watching other people's work
Have a nice stay here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 9, 2014 8:52 pm  #8

Thanks all, glad to meet you !

@mrshouse  I'm sure it is! (if pinning Sherlock pins is addictive, I guess a Sherlockian forum must be even more so xD) 
@Schmiezi  Yes, it's awesome to have a Sherlockian mum and be able to fangirl with her in all ways ^^ 
@Marta  I publish them on DeviantArt . So far, I've just done two Sherlock fanarts, one drawing of Sherlock (and detail) (my first go at him, not really satisfied, but it was really fun), and one of Molly

Last edited by ArwendeLuhtiene (August 9, 2014 8:54 pm)

August 9, 2014 10:08 pm  #9

Welcome, Arwende, hope you will have lots of fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2014 12:19 am  #10

Thank you
Love the quotes in your siggy, btw

August 12, 2014 5:58 pm  #11

Ola y bienvenidos! Welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 12, 2014 6:18 pm  #12

ArwendeLuhtiene wrote:

@Marta  I publish them on DeviantArt . So far, I've just done two Sherlock fanarts, one drawing of Sherlock (and detail) (my first go at him, not really satisfied, but it was really fun), and one of Molly

Lovely, I added you to my watch list (I'm Alumfelga on dA). Your cosplay is impressive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 12, 2014 6:36 pm  #13

Thank you, Davina !

Thank you so much, Marta, glad you like them and thanks for the watch (watched you back !)!

August 12, 2014 7:15 pm  #14

Hello
Welcome to the forum

August 13, 2014 10:44 am  #15

Glad to meet you, ComeAtOnceIfConvenient!

August 15, 2014 10:00 am  #16

Wow, your mum sounds pretty damn cool.

Welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 15, 2014 11:53 am  #17

Thank you !

She definitely is, we fangirl together about nearly everything ^^ 

Board footera