BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2014 4:02 pm  #61

Re: Four things I would prefer NOT to see in series 4

You'd say so, tonnaree? 

May 16, 2014 5:47 pm  #62

*bats eyelashes*
*gives up trying to look innocent*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 16, 2014 6:37 pm  #63

The teddy bear doesn't fool us Tonnaree! 

May 16, 2014 7:48 pm  #64

Now Silver, don't you go insulting John Watson Bear!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 17, 2014 7:45 pm  #65

Actually, you were quite spot on in your deductions. Moffat can screw with my mind, my heart...in fact, any part of me he likes, as a matter of fact. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 17, 2014 7:47 pm  #66

Oh yeah!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 17, 2014 9:15 pm  #67

Hihi! 

August 10, 2014 8:34 pm  #68

Since just listing

1. Baby Watson
2. More Mary
3. Moriarty
4. Third Holmes Brother

wouldn't be a terribly original contribution to this thread, may I elaborate a little...

Concerning Baby Watson

1. Baby Watson happening at all
2. If it has to happen, Baby Watson not being John's.
3. John having to decide whether to hold Mary's hand while she's in labour or to accompany Sherlock on an interesting case.
4. Sherlock handling/interacting with Baby Watson in any other way than in a completely competent, adequate manner, with nobody ever commenting on the fact (as Mary suggested, like the driving in THOB)

Concerning Moriarty

1. Moriarty not being dead. (Seriously. Yawn...)
2. If he has to be alive, Moriarty being the villain that Sherlock has to work against. (Now the exact opposite I could see - why not throw them together having to cooperate for some higher purpose? That might be fun.)
3. Anyone we either know or don't yet know turning out to be "Moriarty's heir" (Janine as his sister, a twin, whatever).
4. A third Holmes brother, or if he has to happen, him having anything to do with Moriarty.

And now, hoping that these at least might be a little more original,

1. Mycroft continuing to claim vast mental superiority over Sherlock, unless he offers some solid factual proof for it at last.
2. John getting abducted and misused one more time on Sherlock's behalf (Yawn, again...)
3. Sherlock calling Greg by any other first name than Greg, ever again.
4. Sherlock shouting "Taxi!" when hailing a cab outside 221b. It really doesn't need more than average genius to realise that the driver inside won't be able to hear you anyway...

Last edited by La Jolie (August 10, 2014 8:37 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

August 10, 2014 10:48 pm  #69

La Jolie wrote:

4. Sherlock handling/interacting with Baby Watson in any other way than in a completely competent, adequate manner, with nobody ever commenting on the fact (as Mary suggested, like the driving in THOB)

This is my number one hope for season 4 if baby Watson is in it. I've read one too many fics where Sherlock is a moron when it comes to children!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 15, 2014 1:03 am  #70

To tell the truth, although I did have my prejudices when I first watched series 3, now I like practically everything, so there aren't that many things I don't want to see.

I don't mind about:
-The return of Moriarty (as long as they don't make things repetitive, I don't want a repeat of series 2)
-The appearance of Sherrinford. As long as he's Tom Hiddleston , and it's more of a secondary-cameo character than anything else. Perhaps only in one episode, that would be cool.
-Baby Watson: Not sure how things will evolve with a baby, and it's seems that it's going to happen, but I wouldn't mind about a scene featuring Sherlock babysitting, as long as it involves him teaching her how to say ''murder" xD. I wouldn't like a sugary, domestic environment with lots of baby scenes, though. Please don't. Ugh.
-Mary (as long as she's not a 'villain'). I think she interacts really well with Sherlock and John and wouldn't hinder case plots like we had in series 1 and 2 (she might even take a more active role in them, now she's a badass assassin, which I would actually love).
-Molly not moving on. Now she's confident, badass Molly, I would even approve of Sherlolly on screen (shipper off screen), but I think a fandom ship (taken seriously) would look pretty awkward on screen and it's not fair to choose one, make it canon and ignore the others. So probably not gonna happen, and it's probably for the best. I way prefer Sherlolly friendship, though, I loved it in series 3. 
Also, I prefer a non-relationships Sherlock above any ship, at least on-screen. Shows that not anyone needs a romantic relationship, and that not all characters should conform to that pattern. Sherlock works best with his friend John, his brilliance and his cases (and his other friends). Not with domestic environments or romance.

But I really wouldn't like -

1) Any Adlock. If Irene turns up again, please just make her an ally of Sherlock, nothing more. Same with Janine. Didn't like her, would prefer if she didn't appear again, but as long as she stays in friend-ally mode, I guess I'll tolerate her.
 2) Molly relinquishing her new empowered mode to become some sort of damsel in distress. Please don't. I know Moriarty (if he's alive) is probably going to want to target her, but don't take away the empowerment you've given her from the end of series 2.
 3) Mary turning into a 'passive housewife' while John goes off with Sherlock on cases, if they do end up having the baby. Sounds like a horrribly traditional stereotype. And don't make Mary 'evil', please. It was enough that you had her shoot Sherlock.  No more 'cool female character becomes dodgy/evil'.  I don't like that stereotype either. 
EDIT: Btw, by 'evil', I mean siding up with Moriarty or something, becoming an 'evil villain'. The shooting, while not her best moment (and I definitely don't love her for that), is more of a selfish action than a "purely evil" action. Still, I'd prefer if they'd stopped writing her like that.

4) While I don't want to bash any shippers, I wouldn't really want to see any Johnlock on-screen (I think epic friendship works so much better), or any ship, really. For me, one thing is the fandom with its ships and another thing is the show. All in all, I think the show works without Sherlock having any romance.
4) No more drunklock. I really didn't like that part.
 5) Also, I wouldn't like to see a scheming Mycroft deliberately putting Sherlock in danger. He's supposed to care even if he doesn't like to show it. The exile thing was left ambiguous, but just in case.

Last edited by ArwendeLuhtiene (August 15, 2014 12:26 pm)

August 15, 2014 5:44 am  #71

ArwendeLuhtiene wrote:

And don't make Mary 'evil', please. It was enough that you had her shoot Sherlock. 

Of course, some people might consider that a bit evil already ... Just saying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 15, 2014 11:25 am  #72

Drunklock made my heart beat faster.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 15, 2014 11:28 am  #73

Schmiezi wrote:

ArwendeLuhtiene wrote:

And don't make Mary 'evil', please. It was enough that you had her shoot Sherlock. 

My thoughts exactly. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 15, 2014 11:37 am  #74

La Jolie wrote:

1. Moriarty not being dead. (Seriously. Yawn...)
2. If he has to be alive, Moriarty being the villain that Sherlock has to work against. (Now the exact opposite I could see - why not throw them together having to cooperate for some higher purpose? That might be fun.)

Can I just say - although this is the thread about what we don't want to happen - that I really like that idea. Sherlock and Jim have to work together for some reason - maybe against Mary? 

And about not making Mary evil: Sorry, but I just had to laugh out loud when I read that. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 15, 2014 11:38 am  #75

ArwendeLuhtiene wrote:

I am a little bit confused. An assassin with a dubious past ... who shot Sherlock ... a "good" girl?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 15, 2014 11:47 am  #76

I loved Drunklock, too.   The whole stag night is one of my favorite things so far. But of course, I wouldn't want to see him drunk every episode.

Anyway, there aren't many things that I don't want to see. Everything that ultimately leads up to John and Sherlock sitting by the fire place in 221b and, preferably, being each other's most important persons in the world is fine by me. Don't really mind what happens to anything or anyone else and how or why. I have faith that it will be an entertaining ride until the very last episode (in which the above mentioned is established).

August 15, 2014 11:53 am  #77

Drunklock was so perfectly performed. Often it's been played quite badly, but Benedict and Martin did a very great job and I loved it.

Hubby wants less sentiment and more cases.
I don't care much, I only want S4. And S5. And S6. And so on.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 15, 2014 11:55 am  #78

Mattlocked wrote:

Yeah, that sounds quite convincing. May I join you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 15, 2014 12:05 pm  #79

Schmiezi wrote:

ArwendeLuhtiene wrote:

Touchée ! I meant 'evil' as in siding with Moriarty or something, as in actually going against Sherlock and John in earnest. Sorry for not expressing myself correctly.
I do have mized feelings about her and the shooting, still think she could have found a solution that involved not shooting Sherlock (like confiding in him and letting him help her get away before John saw her?!). However, I still rather like her, so I'll give her a second chance. I still would have liked to see a bit more remorse about shooting her partner's best friend, though...I don't want them to keep writing her like this, that was I meant with her not turning 'evil' in S4. I DON'T want the stereotype of 'powerful woman is evil woman' here as well. We've had Irene, then Janine, now we have Mary. Who's going to be next, Molly for becoming more confident? Mrs Hudson for having a dodgy past in a drugs cartel? Mummy Holmes for writing combustion science books?? :/

Last edited by ArwendeLuhtiene (August 15, 2014 12:29 pm)

August 15, 2014 12:05 pm  #80

gently69 wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Yeah, that sounds quite convincing. May I join you?

Sure! Tea?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera