BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2013 8:45 pm  #1

Have you ever met /seen Benedict or Martin?

Let's discuss on this new threat the encounter with these two amazing actors.

Despite Benedict has spent his summer holiday in Ibiza  this year, I have never seen him or Martin. What about  you, fans? Have you met them on the street or in any film location or in any premiere or on the red carpet?   If so, tell us your experience!!!

The begining of a great adventure!!!

October 25, 2013 9:00 pm  #2

Re: Have you ever met /seen Benedict or Martin?

No, I haven't. But I'd love to. And I know that there are some members who have been on location during filming Sherlock. I guess they will tell you about their experience when they read your post. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 25, 2013 9:07 pm  #3

Saw them both at Setlock in April.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 25, 2013 9:13 pm  #4

besleybean wrote:

Saw them both at Setlock in April.

That is very..... detailed. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 25, 2013 9:17 pm  #5

Nothing much else to say.
They were dressed in character and filming a scene on the steps of 221B.
Oh and I saw Mark and Sue, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 25, 2013 9:23 pm  #6

I see. But as far as I know myself, even then I would manage a very exited 2-pages-report about "nothing". 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 25, 2013 9:26 pm  #7

Oh I did write a report in my ' Sherlock' notebook, but really, nothing much.
My main observations can be summarised as follows:
Mark, absolutely gorgeous.
The costumes: immaculate.
SO much make up, which of course you don't see in the finished film.

Last edited by besleybean (October 25, 2013 9:27 pm)

October 26, 2013 2:58 pm  #8

besleybean wrote:

Oh I did write a report in my ' Sherlock' notebook, but really, nothing much.
My main observations can be summarised as follows:
Mark, absolutely gorgeous.
The costumes: immaculate.
SO much make up, which of course you don't see in the finished film.

Regarding the make up, this is not true. I see it in the finished film, the cast, specially Benedict, wears to much make up, in my opinion. I have noticed that. of course, he looks hotter and more handsome with make up, but we wears too much!!!  

Besides, I WOULD love to see how they do and film the show. In fact, my dream would be to work in afilm/ tv serie set. I have always though that it's an exhausted job but very amazing, funny and entertaining one, and it makes life more interesting.  you are very lucky!!!! 

If they finally film a fourth season, I would like to go to London just to see how they prepare everything to shoot a scene.. it would be amazing!!!!

Last edited by spanisherlock (October 26, 2013 3:03 pm)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

October 26, 2013 3:20 pm  #9

If I ever get the chance for a return Setlock visit, I certainly will.
It was great seeing cast and crew at work, as well as meet some fellow fans.

October 26, 2013 3:24 pm  #10

I haven't met them yet either.
I would love to tell them how much I like their show and that their work is brilliant.
Next year I'll be in London for one day (**freaking out**, but soooooooo much too short!), but I guess chances are not the best I'll see them...

I keep hoping anyway! 

August 13, 2014 11:28 am  #11

Saw Martin Freeman at the stage door after watching him in Richard III on the 29th July *squeeee*. My mum and I got an autograph and a very brief conversation. He's really nice!

Looking forward to seeing Benedict playing Hamlet next year (still so excited I managed to get tickets!!), and I'd also like to be able to experience setlock someday

Board footera