BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2014 8:45 pm  #381

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 11, 2014 8:46 pm  #382

Shit, Susi, what...???!!!???!!! OH MY GOD, that would be... no, that can't be... that would be... gahihfjbfnbflajföfkfnsbbjksygouergh...!!!!! Heavens!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 11, 2014 8:46 pm  #383

Hope this is true!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 11, 2014 8:47 pm  #384

Wow ... that would be just ... Wow!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 11, 2014 8:49 pm  #385

Oh wow! That would be so cool!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 11, 2014 8:55 pm  #386

OMG Susi *faints* Zwei Fliegen mit einer Klappe! 

Thanks Solar for the Barbican pics.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 11, 2014 9:07 pm  #387

Yes. That would be awesome! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 11, 2014 9:13 pm  #388

As I wasn't at home for the last couple of days I only now came to realize how incredibly awesome the whole Hamlet project will be next year! So we actually have something big to look forward to!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 11, 2014 9:26 pm  #389

That Gary Oldman rumour has me so excited!! It'll be like Christmas for me if that's true

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

August 11, 2014 9:32 pm  #390

I'm honestly so excited about this whole thing that I can't sleep

I think I should try to take my 'evening soother' and lie in bed... though I'll probably end up just staring at the picture of Benedict I have on my wall and grin 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2014 1:35 am  #391

I had the luck to be able to get tickets for me and my mum today! 19th September. Sooooo excited!!!!  Bit expensive for my taste, but it's well worth it, this doesn't happen everyday :D!

I still can't believe it. We've just come back from seeing Martin Freeman in Richard III (and talking briefly with him after the show, what's more!), and now we've got tickets to see Benedict live! #extremefangirling

August 12, 2014 5:47 am  #392

What a result!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 12, 2014 6:18 am  #393

Congrats, ArwendeLuhtiene! You must have been one of the last lucky ones then, when I checked first thing this morning it was completely sold out at ATG. What a rush! I guess everyone involved is delighted. 

I dreamt of Hamlet all night , I´m sooo looking forward to this. It will be my first real visit to London, too. I will use the opportunity and stay a few days to explore the city, something I wanted to do for a very long time but never did for some reason. Gary Oldman performing would be the cherry on top! 

August 12, 2014 11:37 am  #394

I got them around 13:30 pm yesterday (stall, row K). I'd just found out about the tiket selling thanks to this forum (newbie), so that was extremely lucky!  Including the fact that yes, there weren't many tickets left. Such a stressful morning xD, but well worth it!

Congrats to all those who got tickets!! So looking forward to this

August 12, 2014 1:17 pm  #395

Btw ... they are lying! Tried the Barbican side just out of curosity. There were 1 seat upper circle on August 19th and one on 28th. LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 12, 2014 1:27 pm  #396

Are you a bit bored at the moment by any chance, gently? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 12, 2014 1:28 pm  #397

It´s still a miracle that some seats are free even now.

The articles like this:

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2014/aug/11/benedict-cumberbatch-fans-sherlock-star-hamlet-barbican-tickets

which described queues of 30 000 people waiting for those tickets online discouradged me from even trying to get one.

Congrats to all who were courageous and managed to endure all this and buy some.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 12, 2014 2:18 pm  #398

There were 12,000 plus ahead of me in the queue when booking opened at 10.00 yesterday. Hung on for an hour before I had to give up and go to work.  By the time I got home there was nothing left on the Barbican site.  I then discovered that ATG was selling tickets and tried there with no luck. Finally ended up booking a (very expensive) theatre break through Capitalbreaks.   Very glad I got the tickets in the end, but I could have done without such a stressful day and was sorry that I didn't find out about ATG earlier. My credit card company will be happy though!!!!

August 19, 2014 1:47 pm  #399

Haven't been here in a while...
I got tickets through ATG Tickets... 17th of October, stalls row B .
Yeah! My hubby needs to come with me .

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

August 28, 2014 9:58 pm  #400

Oh, this would be wonderful...!

Board footera