BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2012 7:30 am  #1

Cluedo

Has anyone ever played Cluedo? It's pretty cool. We used to play it a lot when I was a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 1, 2012 7:45 am  #2

Re: Cluedo

Yep it's a cool game. Played it in recent months with some friends. Also loved the film.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 16, 2012 6:18 pm  #3

I  live in USA  and CLUE  is  my  very  favorite mystery  game. But  it's not fun  if yu  only have 2  ppl  playing it.   And  WHY,  pray tell,  is  it  impossible for the victim to have done it himself???? (I  never thought of that till I saw  the latest sherlock episode  hounds  movie!!)   I  tried to  get the online version  but my PC  didn't have enough space.   My  fav  character   is  miss scarlett,  since my fav color is red. 

It says on wiki  that cluedo is different in someways from clue.    I'd  sure like to somehow see a version of cluedo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 16, 2012 6:28 pm  #4

We used to play it when I was a kid and it was fun. I've tried playing it with my kids but one of them, not saying who, used to always do a Sherlock and throw a hissy fit, so we don't play anymore. Perhaps a bit too competitive. Stopped short of pinning the board to the wall with a dagger but only just! Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2012 7:24 pm  #5

I don't do Cluedo.
The urge to peek into the envelope while the other player's heads are turned is far too great!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 20, 2012 6:37 am  #6

hee hee hee!!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 20, 2012 6:50 am  #7

This is the Cluedo board I used as a child. Not sure if they have changed any, but it looks the same as Sherlock's.

Characters:
Miss Scarlett
Colonel Mustard
Mrs. White
Reverend Green
Mrs. Peacock
Professor Plum

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 20, 2012 8:19 am  #8

Yeah that's exactly the same one I've got. I got it out recently and set it up on a permanent display. Would like to pin it to the wall but the walls are made of stone and really impossible to put stuff in, can't even hang pictures properly. Thinking of getting a cork board and then pinning it to that!

May 20, 2012 6:30 pm  #9

thank you for posting that!!  The ONLY   difference in my american  verion  is the word CLUEDO---mine Has Clue.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 23, 2012 12:47 am  #10

Guess what I saw  nailed on Sherlock's wall  in  his apartment!!!   You guessed it!!!   The  Cluedo game board!!!   Anyone else notice this?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 3, 2012 10:43 pm  #11

So, I finally did it...

July 3, 2012 10:57 pm  #12

Wow, that's certainly, dedicated...
Is that a SAK?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 3, 2012 11:03 pm  #13

Nahh, it's just a cheap pen knife.

July 5, 2012 7:01 pm  #14

Well, it's been awhile, but looks like the names are all the same, except the American "Clue" has Mr. Green, no Reverend, for some odd reason...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

July 8, 2012 9:30 pm  #15

yeah...no reverend on my version  here in the US.   Funny,  I want to hang my clue board up on the wall too.   Too bad it's at someone else's house .

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera