BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2014 9:50 pm  #81

Re: Baby Watson (spoilers!)

Actually in this one instance you are not.
I am a non-Johnlocker and I want John back in 221B.

Last edited by besleybean (August 6, 2014 9:51 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 6, 2014 9:56 pm  #82

221 b is sacrosanct.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 6, 2014 9:59 pm  #83

It is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 7, 2014 6:40 am  #84

mrshouse wrote:

221 b is sacrosanct.

Yes, and I would like to see it restored to its former glory after having been defiled by Magnussen verbally as well as … you know and by the harrowing scene with John and Mary in HLV. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2014 7:02 am  #85

mrshouse wrote:

why did she worry soo much? She had left her past behind at that point, she thought herself safe. Her life did not worry her up to this point. Does this only say: Well, it changes the fear of being detected again bc a helpless being will be involved? Is this all behind it?

Don't forget that just a couple of hours before that deduction, in the "telegramms", CAM has shown his hand. I think Mary knows exactly what is behind that message. It's mean and cruel of CAM to pick her wedding day to reveal what he holds over her, but then that's what he's like! From that point onwards Mary knows she's not safe any more, and to know it's not just her but a child as well is reason enough to panic.

And by the way, as any woman who got pregnant before she had really planned it will confirm, that alone is enough to make you panic more than a little. It's a huge responsibility, it turns your life upside down, it also ties you down to home and hearth, it's a big, big thing to get used to. So I think there is nothing unnatural in her panicking at the sudden revelation, even without her past and CAM.

Btw, it would be interesting to know in this context, do the creators/writers of the show have any children?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

August 7, 2014 7:11 am  #86

La Jolie, as far as I know Steven and Sue have a couple of children, the boy playing young Sherlock. Mark and Ian not.

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 7, 2014 7:43 am  #87

Steve and Sue's youngest son Louis has appeared in Sherlock twice. He was the countdown voice of the child in GG.
The older Josh wants to be a journo, I think.

Last edited by besleybean (August 7, 2014 7:43 am)

August 7, 2014 7:57 am  #88

SusiGo wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

221 b is sacrosanct.

Yes, and I would like to see it restored to its former glory after having been defiled by Magnussen verbally as well as … you know and by the harrowing scene with John and Mary in HLV. 

I totally agree.
221B just hasn't been the same in S3 in comparison to S1/2. 221B only feels right when John is there - and not just for a visit. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 7, 2014 8:03 am  #89

Yes, definitely. It really pained me to hear it called a dump and dirty and then on top it became the place of that scene I can still not watch without getting very upset. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2014 8:33 am  #90

It just didn't feel like anybody's home anymore. I doubt that Sherlock can feel at home there when the most important person in his life is missing... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 7, 2014 8:36 am  #91

Which brings us back to the very symbolic chairs ...

August 7, 2014 8:58 am  #92

BreathingIsBoring wrote:

Sherlock wouldn't make John sleep on the sofa. In all likelihood, it'd be Sherlock sleeping on the sofa if that unlikely scenario were to happen. 

John's bedroom is probably the same/a little smaller than Sherlock's, as Sherlock's is the master bedroom and logically the largest. So, they could probably cram Mary and John into John's like a hotel room, but it'd still be rather uncomfortable. Plus, their sitting room and kitchen are a bit crowded with Sherlock's things; acceptable for parties, but not really for living. 

Well, like you said, Sherlock's room is the largest and has the en suite, so to me it makes sense for Mary, John and the baby to sleep in there and for Sherlock to take John's old room upstairs.

Buuuuuuut that won't happen because Mary is going to die (I think).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 7, 2014 9:05 am  #93

Oh, gosh, what are you all talking about? " Sherlock" or "Dallas"?? And Moriarty showing up at the end of the season under the shower like Bobby Ewing?

August 7, 2014 9:30 am  #94

Oh yes, please...! A shower scene! 

August 7, 2014 9:42 am  #95

Yes, that could be nice. Very nice. And this time they will not cut it like they did with STID. 

August 7, 2014 9:44 am  #96

Sheriarty????Eeeek....

August 7, 2014 9:50 am  #97

mrshouse wrote:

Sheriarty????Eeeek....

God, no! I was thinking of Sherlock and John. 

August 7, 2014 9:58 am  #98

How the heck did we..?
Oh, never mind!

August 7, 2014 9:59 am  #99

Sorry, off topic. 

August 7, 2014 10:05 am  #100

Yes. Either it's the problem with the baby again or we move to THE thread

Board footera