BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2012 2:16 am  #1

PBS Masterpiece - Sherlock pages

Lots of links and info on this site.
I am not familiar with it, is it an American website?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 15, 2012 8:04 am  #2

Re: PBS Masterpiece - Sherlock pages

I believe that PBS is the Public Broadcasting Organisation in the USA, so this will be an American website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 15, 2012 8:37 am  #3

This is an awesome website

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 15, 2012 9:31 am  #4

Davina wrote:

I believe that PBS is the Public Broadcasting Organisation in the USA, so this will be an American website.

Thanks I was too lazy to look, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 15, 2012 9:36 am  #5

lol XD 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 15, 2012 11:05 am  #6

Damn, it's hard to believe some of them haven't seen Series 2 yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 15, 2012 11:25 am  #7

USA don't get it till May; and here I am complaining because WE are 'backwards', lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 15, 2012 11:56 am  #8

How can they wait that long?!! When did they get S1?

March 15, 2012 12:01 pm  #9

No idea.
I'm not sure when we first got it, I rarely watch TV so only saw it by chance.
I remember my first reaction:
" Who the HELL is THAT!!!!" (because I'd never seen or heard of Ben before that!)

I don't even know what episode it was, I wasn't following the plot! At the end, I ran to the computer and tried desperately to remember that surname; twasn't an easy search I can tell you!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 22, 2012 7:50 am  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Damn, it's hard to believe some of them haven't seen Series 2 yet.

Hard to believe they HAVE now.
I've read some reaction to Scandal & Reichenbach , but I don't recall reading any articles about how they felt about HOUND.

Very odd.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 22, 2012 10:12 am  #11

Haven't seen much press about Reichenbach yet either...

June 7, 2012 1:10 am  #12

I did a search of The Boston Globe, which is one of the two major newspapers in, um, Boston, which is where WGBH, producer of Masterpiece Mystery, which is the show that Sherlock was broadcast as part of, and came up with an article from January 2012 about Season 2 available via this link:

http://articles.boston.com/2012-01-06/ae/30598606_1_sherlock-irene-adler-holmes

The Boston Herald, the other major newspaper, didn't have anything on Season 2 but there is a rather nice article about Season 1 and Ben.  In it, the article states that Season 1 premiered in the US on Sunday, October 24, 2012.  Here's the link:

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/general/view.bg?articleid=1290754

(And, fyi, the reason I searched the Boston papers is because WGBH is my local PBS station.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 9, 2012 12:17 am  #13

Yes this is an American site and has some nice cast interviews. We watch the show on individual PBS affiliates across the US on Masterpiece Mystery program. But for Season 3 I need to find a way to see the show at same time it is aired in Europe or you all will kill me with spoilers here.

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera