BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 1, 2014 9:54 pm  #1

Moriarty is back!!!

What if Sherlock understood how Moriarty survived the gunshot and "killed" the same way Magnusen???And maybe both are back!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm on fire!!!

August 4, 2014 11:46 am  #2

Re: Moriarty is back!!!

Wouldn't that be rather boring?
I could live with Moriarty being back, but I don't think Magnussen will come back for another round. Why should Sherlock make him survive anyway? He was one of his worst enemies to date and a truly evil man. Sure, with the murder on his hands, Sherlock might have to face punishment - but a part of me is still in doubt of that. I'm sure Lestrade and Mycroft will see to it that Sherlock won't have to go to prison for his doings, not with the impending danger of Moriarty (or another enemy following in his footsteps) being back.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

August 4, 2014 12:11 pm  #3

I just don't think that he could murder someone in cold blood with so many witnesses around.And without being in defense.Charles didn't pointed a gun at him.Maybe,this was Sherlock's plan because he knows something about Moriarty and he waited to trigger his reaction-plan!!!After all they are both crazy and have lots of survival tricks!!!I'd love it if he was alive!!!

I'm on fire!!!

August 4, 2014 12:15 pm  #4

No, he did it for John.
Make Mary safe and John is happy.
Sherlock knew the consequences, but he put John's happiness before his own security...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2014 3:39 pm  #5

I don't think it's so simple...Everything he does is super complicated.Even his best friend's happiness could be achieved by other means.Or I just think so.Maybe Magnusen was another trick.Or even he could be blackmailed by someone and made a deal with Sherlock to "die and vanish".Ae Sherlock did for 2 years!!!Crazy enough I know but...It's Sherlock!!!

I'm on fire!!!

August 4, 2014 3:55 pm  #6

I'm convinced that Magnussen is truly dead and that the guy we know as Moriarty isn't the real Moriarty. Moreover, I'm certain that the real Moriarty is a woman and that she's Janine.

Remember that package Sherlock received in TGG with the pink iPhone in it? It was addressed to him in a strong woman's hand. Now, I suppose that Moriarty could have told any woman to write the word, but the fact that Sherlock pointed out the clue and it was never followed up on tells me something is up.

Another thing that strikes me in TGG is that the bomber calls the first hostage a 'stupid bitch.' That doesn't sound like our Moriarty, does it? I just cannot hear that phrase in Andrew Scott's Moriarty voice. Moriarty uses more flowery, poetic prose. But I can see Janine using that phrase; it's not a huge jump up from bastard.

I'm going to be hugely disappointed in series 4 if none of these loose ends from TGG turn up.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 4, 2014 4:11 pm  #7

From TGG?
That's Ancient History!
Ha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2014 4:24 pm  #8

Series three brought us back to a time between the end of TGG and the start of the SIB case (when we see Sherlock trying to find out John's middle name), so I don't see it as improbable that stuff from that era will get dredged up again. We shall soon know for sure!

Mary

August 4, 2014 5:56 pm  #9

All the guys in here are crazier than Moriarty and Sherlock together!!! Hahaha!!!

I'm on fire!!!

August 4, 2014 6:00 pm  #10

Maurolukos wrote:

All the guys in here are crazier than Moriarty and Sherlock together!!! Hahaha!!!

*irony on* What an excellent way to end the discussion. *irony off*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 4, 2014 6:06 pm  #11

I don't want to end it cause I really missed the theories.But we all have crazy theories.I think the producers will laugh at us or feel proud for their creations...Us... Hahaha

I'm on fire!!!

August 4, 2014 6:37 pm  #12

I'm pretty sure Magnussen is dead because that's how it goes in canon, and we know Moftiss is doing their best to follow ACD's guidelines while putting their best twists into it. It's just, instead of our Lady in Black killing him with a gunshot, it's our favourite Consulting Detective... in black. Clever, clever Moftiss. There's really no point in bringing him back. Besides, with an entire MI5 squad and Mycroft bloody Holmes there to haul the body away, there's really no way they can't have missed Magnussen being alive. This situation is completely different from Moriarty's, because there's no room for error here. 

August 4, 2014 7:36 pm  #13

I was just thinking the "Fall"...

1 Sherlock told Moriarty to meet at the roof.Then he went immediately and he was there...However,Moriarty had already put snipers to kill his friends.He should have known where Sherlock would meet him from before because he had already put the killers in the places that was
necessary to see Sherlock die...It's no coincidence!

2 Could the killers see Sherlock???One was in the house,one in the police station and one sniper!!!Who would notify them how to act???

3 Moriarty had planned that Sherlock sees him dying.However the killers had to be notified how to act even if Moriarty was dead!!!How or who???

What do you think???

I'm on fire!!!

August 4, 2014 7:54 pm  #14

Maurolukos wrote:

1 Sherlock told Moriarty to meet at the roof.Then he went immediately and he was there...However,Moriarty had already put snipers to kill his friends.He should have known where Sherlock would meet him from before because he had already put the killers in the places that was

2 Could the killers see Sherlock???One was in the house,one in the police station and one sniper!!!Who would notify them how to act???

3 Moriarty had planned that Sherlock sees him dying.However the killers had to be notified how to act even if Moriarty was dead!!!How or who???

What do you think???

In answer to number 1, only the sniper set up for John could see Bart's, and he only showed up AFTER Moriarty shot himself. Moriarty's 'people' were more than likely camped out on other roofs or out on the streets as informants, but the only true sniper showed up after the cue was given. See, Sherlock sent the text inviting Moriarty up on the rooftop after they first showed up at Bart's, and Moriarty responded a couple of hours later (the sun was out, John was sleeping with his head on a table when the Sherlock's false ambulance called). There was nothing immediate about it. 

In regards to the placement of Lestrade's sniper (trickiest, as he would have had to get hired by the MET), Moriarty had the plan to kill Sherlock in the works, most probably, right after Irene's interruption was over. Blackmailing him into commiting suicide by threatening his friends was the best solution, so Moriarty began planting his people in all of the right places. John's sniper was one of the four criminals who moved into Baker St, and Mrs. Hudson's was a repair man. Those two were much easier to plant, so they came in a little later into the plan. 

For #2, I've already answered that. Of course Moriarty with his massive criminal web wouldn't only have five people on the job. There were probably informants camped out on the street and buildings, and they were placed where they were in the few hours it took Moriarty to respond to the invitation. 

3 ties into both 1 and 2. Moriarty also probably had a microphone tucked into his clothing so that his people could hear the gunshot go off, which was John's sniper's cue to hop on up to position AFTER Moriarty had killed himself. The other two killers probably also had earpieces or pagers, and they would have been notified that the signal had been given by Moriarty's informants. 

I hope that explains a bit. 

August 4, 2014 8:12 pm  #15

Maurolukos wrote:

What do you think???

I may kindly ask you to check here what we think:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=41

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 6, 2014 2:03 am  #16

I just finished rewatching TGG and I've noticed another connection between it and TSOT, or, more specifically, Janine: dancing. Metaphorically between Sherlock and Moriarty in TGG, literally between Sherlock and Janine in TSOT. I continue to refuse to believe in coincidences...

Mary

September 19, 2014 12:05 am  #17

Moriarty never left....look@the post on Johnwatsonsblog..under iron giant...anonymous. ..that we know Moriarty used...

this is all liess!!! visit here ayt more abecause theu fdon't believ your lies MATE #teammoriarty

Correct the grammar and spelling...and then finish the message making sure you spell things correctly....

It starts...stay alive don't fall MoriArty lives!!!....

If you can finish the grammar/spelling game.....interesting. .and sh says no!

Last edited by lil (September 19, 2014 12:09 am)

Board footera