BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2014 11:37 am  #201

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

I have bought my tickets this morning and I'm so incredibly happy about it. After reading your comments about the stalls being partly sold out  already I upgraded my  membership, because I really wanted to see the play on my birthday next year and now I got myself the best birthday present, 2 tickets in row C, Yippiehhhh!!!

August 2, 2014 4:38 pm  #202

I'm so happy for all of you who got your tickets!

Still a bit nervous about my own when the time comes... My hope is, however unfair to all of you who paid so much for memberships (trust me, if I could afford to feed myself I would have too!) but perhaps they're doing something of the same as they did with the Eurovision tickets and leaving some seats 'locked' for the other sales? 

Oh well... I guess it's just a play and just a man I suppose...

But my fears doesn't take away from me being so happy for those who did get tickets... Gosh I HATE being poor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 3, 2014 12:05 pm  #203

Ahhh Kerkerian, I have opening night tickets too!!  Sorry for not replying for so long, I've not forgotten you!!! xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

August 3, 2014 4:42 pm  #204

Is still no one from Berlin here or will fly from Berlin to London? I wouldn't have a problem to find a friend for a London trip, but no one wants to see Hamlet with or without Ben  it just would be nice to be with a group/or person who appreciate him..

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 3, 2014 5:16 pm  #205

Me and Rebecca have stalls seats for opening and closing night - unbelievably I was 36th in the online queue!!!

We had them bought 15 minutes after they opened, feeling truly blessed!

I'm clueing for looks

August 3, 2014 7:26 pm  #206

Managed to get tickets for me and Biggles86.  So happy and excited.  So broke.................but so thankful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
"You get to see a guy who’s just slightly on the edge of being different, and he’s a hero for people who feel they are different or maybe slightly on the edge of society.” Benedict Cumberbatch

August 4, 2014 9:55 am  #207

Tickets sorted for August 31 and October 5. Thought it would be nice to see how the performance develops from the early days to the last month. I hope I can really make it to both dates, depending on my work schedule and other commitments next year.

FYI best availability seems to be on Mondays, I got stalls seats row c and row d, on the far left to the stage.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

August 4, 2014 10:10 am  #208

"Number of users in queue ahead of you: 8265"

I was curious how the online booking is today. You see ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 10:17 am  #209

gently69 wrote:

Ugh! So I was very lucky then, I started queuing at 373 and quickly moved up to 342, then I had to wait around half an hour until it was my turn. I first bought the ticket for August 31 and when decided to purchase a ticket for another performance I clicked on the booking website and was surprised to get right through. Seems my time for booking (I think they allow 15 minutes to complete your order) was not used up so I did not have to queue again.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

August 4, 2014 10:23 am  #210

gently69 wrote:

So, it was a good idea to get that Red Membership after all...

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

August 4, 2014 10:31 am  #211

Yes, I think so. Though it also could happen that you had 6000 users ahead of you back then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 10:34 am  #212

There wasn't a queue at all when I bought my tickets on Saturday morning, but yes, I heard how nerve-wracking it all was on Friday.

Last edited by eurydike (August 4, 2014 12:55 pm)

(Charles Bukowski)

August 4, 2014 10:38 am  #213

There are 1156 seats in the main theatre, Hamlet will be on for 13 weeks with 7 performances a week, that means there should be 105196 tickets available.

This is me, hoping to get one next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 4, 2014 10:39 am  #214

It will calm down tomorrow mornng again. But I don't believe that there will be many seats in the stalls left.

EDIT: Scmiezi, you know I keep fingers crossed for you.

Last edited by gently69 (August 4, 2014 10:40 am)

(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 10:39 am  #215

Keeping fingers tightly crossed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2014 10:44 am  #216

I'm sure everybody will get tickets - maybe just not the seats they would have liked to get.

But I keep my fingers crossed as well!

(Charles Bukowski)

August 4, 2014 10:50 am  #217

You certainly have to make concessions with the seats. But I am sure there will still be tickets available on next monday.

(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 10:56 am  #218

Thank you!

I remain hopelessly optimistic, as usual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 4, 2014 1:07 pm  #219

Well I got two tickets after queuing online for 4 hours - I'm amazed I held on to be honest because I don't usually queue THAT long for anything!!
Anyway, from what I could see, there was availability for most nights, although I suspect maybe groups of people going together might not get to sit together as time progresses and it gets more full.
The very best of luck to anyone still queuing or waiting for general release x

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

August 4, 2014 1:11 pm  #220

Congrats to all getting tickets!
I waited for two hours on Friday. But at least one can sit warm and cosy instead of standing in queue outside the theatre. 
As for sitting together - I bought tickets for a group of six on Friday morning and had to split. Impossible to get really good tickets for six in a row as about 80% of the seats in the stalls were unavailable for whatever reasons. And it was still early. Now nobody has to sit alone and everyone will have a good view, I suppose. As long as you are flexible, everything should work.  

Last edited by SusiGo (August 4, 2014 1:11 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera