BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 1, 2014 11:59 am  #181

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Congratulations Susi I envy you so much. Hope you'll have a great time

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 1, 2014 12:47 pm  #182

I got my tickets today too, yay!!!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

August 1, 2014 2:59 pm  #183

Me too, yay! And of course, our internet and telephone had to die just now! A technician came last week and again today and I didn't even know I'd have internet. Luckily for me and two friends, it all worked out just in time.
In the end, I got through on the phone (and there still were more than 1500 people in front of me when I left the queue; I started as no. 2340something). It took me two hours altogether and I was drenched in sweat, let me tell you!

It does seem that there are plenty of tickets being held back for later sales, so good luck to all of you who're trying later!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

August 1, 2014 5:50 pm  #184

I don't think I've seen thisposted yet.  Apologies if it has been. 

Congratulations to those with tickets!

August 1, 2014 7:07 pm  #185

Thank you. Wonderful and intelligent article. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 1, 2014 7:34 pm  #186

I just joined the booking queue for the fun of it to see how much traffic there is now. I was at the front of the queue immediately. All quiet on the Barbican front now.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 1, 2014 7:52 pm  #187

SusiGo wrote:

Thank you. Wonderful and intelligent article.

Don't read the readers' comments, though- as usual, they're atrocious. Some people just have too much time...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

August 1, 2014 7:54 pm  #188

Thanks for the advice. I alway get angry about that sort of stuff. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 1, 2014 7:56 pm  #189

SolarSystem wrote:

I just joined the booking queue for the fun of it to see how much traffic there is now. I was at the front of the queue immediately. All quiet on the Barbican front now.

I did watch on one of the dates. Nearly everything booked on the stalls. That's ....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 1, 2014 7:57 pm  #190

Glad we did it this morning. 

August 1, 2014 7:58 pm  #191

Me too. And if it's in German, I also tend to get embarrassed on behalf of them because of the terrible grammar and spelling...

(Edit: This is in answer to your previous reply, Susi  )

Last edited by Kerkerian (August 1, 2014 7:59 pm)

August 1, 2014 7:59 pm  #192

There are also German "hate comments"? I thought most of them were by British people who dislike him  for being posh.

August 1, 2014 8:00 pm  #193

SusiGo wrote:

There are also German "hate comments"? I thought most of them were by British people who dislike him  for being posh.

Oh no, I meant in general. Facebook, for example- it's making my toenails curl up sometimes. =)

August 1, 2014 8:00 pm  #194

I wonder if they were really holding back tickets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 1, 2014 8:01 pm  #195

Oh, yes, of course. 

August 1, 2014 8:03 pm  #196

I think so. When I booked at least 80% of the stalls were unavailable, if not more. I cannot believe they had all been sold. Then there would be nothing left after the members booked. For example the 10 pound seats must have been shown in grey because they cannot be booked yet as far as I know. 

August 1, 2014 8:03 pm  #197

That would be ...
Spending the money on a membership and still no chance to get the seats you want ...

Last edited by gently69 (August 1, 2014 8:03 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

August 1, 2014 8:04 pm  #198

Ah ... I don't complain. I am satisfied.

(Tony Hadley)

August 1, 2014 8:06 pm  #199

There were still some premium seats available but not very many. And lots and lots of grey seats around them. 

August 1, 2014 8:10 pm  #200

Yeah, I saw this. Unbelievable.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera