BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 1, 2012 6:51 pm  #21

Re: Poetry: limericks, odes and the like

Thanks Davina and veecee. We need to find a coffee house to read all these wonderful offerings. Better yet let's get Benedict and Martin to read them

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 1, 2012 7:17 pm  #22

Brilliant idea, SP. Just tell me when and where, and I will be there (that was a very short poem ).

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 1, 2012 7:34 pm  #23

And another! This one is a limerick.

There was a young man of the cloth.
Who spoke a wee bit like a toff.
Miss Adler was nude.
Which could have been rude.
'Twas all from the mind of the Moff.

Ta-da!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 1, 2012 7:48 pm  #24

SusiGo wrote:

Brilliant idea, SP. Just tell me when and where, and I will be there (that was a very short poem ).

July 2, 2012 12:40 am  #25

These are all great!  Love the limericks and SP, your poem was fantastic.

I'll try to think of something soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 2, 2012 1:05 am  #26

thanks Sherli! you are so sweet

July 2, 2012 3:10 am  #27

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Thanks Davina and veecee. We need to find a coffee house to read all these wonderful offerings. Better yet let's get Benedict and Martin to read them

OMG (my teenage impersonation), SP, I thought the same thing!

(Mollly, do you say OMG?)

July 2, 2012 3:35 pm  #28

(Gasp!)
What?! How could you think such a thing!?

No, I'm an Oh-my-Godder, I don't think it's that rude and I'm an atheist so...
But I do type OMG 'cause, well, it's quicker!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 7, 2012 9:47 pm  #29

There was a young lady called Molly,
Whose feelings for 'him' were just folly,
Working hard in the lab,
With the dead on the slab,
Molly the jolly trolley dolly.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 8, 2012 4:58 am  #30

Davina wrote:

There was a young lady called Molly,
Whose feelings for 'him' were just folly,
Working hard in the lab,
With the dead on the slab,
Molly the jolly trolley dolly.

Love it!

July 8, 2012 5:36 am  #31

There once was a DI Lestrade
Who relied on someone quite odd.
He and his partner solved crimes,
Together the best of times.
But was it all just a facade?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 8, 2012 2:37 pm  #32

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

There once was a DI Lestrade
Who relied on someone quite odd.
He and his partner solved crimes,
Together the best of times.
But was it all just a facade?

Go, Sherli!

July 8, 2012 3:03 pm  #33

Come on the rest of you!

July 18, 2012 6:16 am  #34

Here's a short one, inspired by Veecee:

I love your eyes and it is true,
they're sometimes green and sometimes blue.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 18, 2012 1:00 pm  #35

They really are of wondrous hue
Windows into the soul of you.

July 19, 2012 2:53 pm  #36

Love it!

July 19, 2012 3:05 pm  #37

Maybe we should publish a little collection of Cumberbatch poetry  .

July 19, 2012 3:12 pm  #38

Hmm! Definitely worth considering. Perhaps we could make a separate thread for poetry initially and go from there.

July 21, 2012 7:42 pm  #39

ON THE SIDE OF THE ANGELS

They are the shining folk
With wings a fluttering
Whisper in the right ear
Of those who are tempted
To fall from the right way
The bright way, the light way.
He says he is not one
Of you. The bright, light ones.
But when the time arrives
For sides to be chosen
He uses his angel
Wings to jump and to fly.

April 7, 2013 10:00 pm  #40

Ok. I'm bumping this thread because: 1. Nothing new on it for ages 2. We have lots of new, talented and amazing members (yes flattery is always worth resorting to) who will be able to add to this collection of poesie.

Please read through the very few pages of this thread and feel free to add your own contributions...limericks (in honour of our favourite Irishman of course) acrostics and the like.

Board footera