BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2014 4:21 pm  #101

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Where is this information from, rebecca?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 28, 2014 4:21 pm  #102

Barbican site, isn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 28, 2014 4:22 pm  #103

No, the premium prices are not yet on the site. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 28, 2014 4:31 pm  #104

Ah...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 28, 2014 7:21 pm  #105

I was trying to look for ticket prices last night

You know, this could have been a lot worse, I actually think it's an all right price. I'll hope to be able to get one of the £10 seats.

Am I nuts? after paying my bills £10 is all I have in my wallet. (my aunt is borrowing me money and I've earned some on the side doing other stuff)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 28, 2014 7:26 pm  #106

Not nuts, just dedicated  .  (Oh maybe, a little bit nuts but I blame Benedict for making us all a wee but crazy!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

July 29, 2014 8:59 am  #107

gently69 wrote:

Where is this information from, rebecca?

I phoned up the barbican, so it's legit. I was too impatient to wait for their site to be updated, as judgement day is Friday. I wanted to make sure I was buying the right tickets!

Last edited by rebeccaholmes (July 29, 2014 9:03 am)

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

July 29, 2014 9:04 am  #108

Ah, rebecca, already thought so. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 11:06 am  #109

I hope there's any tickets left for me in a few weeks... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2014 11:08 am  #110

I thought they weren't on sale til 1 Aug.

July 29, 2014 11:11 am  #111

That's next friday. In a few weeks general sale has already started, besley. (11 August)

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 11:29 am  #112

And for people like me who's spending her sparse food budget for August just to buy the tickets there's no way I could buy my way into early access too...

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (July 29, 2014 11:29 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2014 7:30 pm  #113

I don't think you need to worry. He's running the show for 2 months, with each performance with the capacity of under 2,000. You will get the chance to get tickets. 

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

July 29, 2014 7:37 pm  #114

Even longer, nearly three months. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2014 8:26 pm  #115

Yes, I read that as long as you can be flexible on dates then everyone should get tickets who want them.  I am just praying he doesn't get poorly - my sister missed out on seeing him in Frankenstein at the NT as he was poorly boy.  Hopefully lots of healthy living will mean he can survive what is bound to be a gruelling run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2014 8:31 pm  #116

Luckily I have no idea where I'll be next year... so I'll just be happy to get a ticket at all... 

I'm keeping my hopes up! 

Let's hope he keeps healthy, for his own sake... and honestly, the things I've had to do to afford the ticket I would be heartbroken...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2014 9:04 pm  #117

Yes, I am sure he will do all he can to stay healthy - I think he knows how dedicated his fans are and being the lovely chap he is be the would feel awful if he thought he'd let us down

July 29, 2014 9:59 pm  #118

He has Sundays off. 

Joking aside though, I hope he'll be okay too. But like what's been said, he's sensible and I think he knows the limit of what he can and can't do, and he definitely would not have signed up for this if he thought he couldn't do it.

I'm just so excited to see him!

July 29, 2014 10:12 pm  #119

Luckily he seems to be a very professional man so I hope it will all work out perfectly...

I've just never been lucky... never really been able to afford tickets like that and the times I bought them or had saved up for some stuff happened... I was going to see my teen idols life after campaigning for years for them to come to Denmark... the front singer falls ill like a week before the concert. later I've saved like mad, wanting tickets to see Michael Jackson in London... well we all know what happened.

I feel like this is the moment my life has build up to in a way... don't know why. It just has to happen... and I hope the effects of what I did to get the cash will wear off. Hoping I can forget it... 

I need a hug to be honest. A hug and a ticket please. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 30, 2014 6:18 am  #120

Come and have a hug, Phantom! *hug*

I'm sure Benedict knows strategies to keep fit and healthy during those three months.
But you never know what might happen... When David Tennant was playing "Hamlet" a few years ago he had to pause for about a month because of problems with his back (herniated disc). 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera