BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2014 8:49 pm  #81

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Oh , Titania, I'm disappointed. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 7, 2014 9:02 pm  #82

i'm a lazy lazy and procrastinating girl.....no qualities to save myself
but i will go against my lazy nature to book tickets at the earliest oportunity ^^

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

July 8, 2014 7:58 am  #83

Btw: How do we feel about this?

“What if we could use sound to modulate and expand and contract the space of the Barbican? His soliloquy could fill the whole theatre. What if you felt like you were in his head?”

I hope they know what they are doing. Could be dangerous. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 8, 2014 8:29 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 8, 2014 8:25 am  #84

THUD
I would get anything of the play. From where is it, Susi?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 8, 2014 8:30 am  #85

It is from the article I linked yesterday. Should be on the previous page. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 8, 2014 8:33 am  #86

Ah yes, about the production design ... that makes sense.

(Tony Hadley)

July 8, 2014 8:48 am  #87

SusiGo wrote:

“What if we could use sound to modulate and expand and contract the space of the Barbican? His soliloquy could fill the whole theatre. What if you felt like you were in his head?”

That sounds amazing. I really hope I will be able to see this 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 8, 2014 8:51 am  #88

SusiGo wrote:

When I read that yesterday, I immediately thought: Okay, something like this would be great for the soliloquy, but apart from that I really, really want what I would call a real theatre experience. No huge sound effects - and especially no sound effects on the voices of the actors, please.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 8, 2014 10:11 pm  #89

SusiGo wrote:

Here is an article about Es Devlin, the production designer of this production. Two short mentions of "Hamlet" and lots of interesting information about her style. I am getting more and more excited.

http://moreintelligentlife.com/content/features/matthew-sweet/profile-es-devlin?page=full

Very interesting article, thank you for the link. I only had a quick glance and need more time to read it properly, but the following bit grabbed my attention immadiately:

"Great-uncle Christopher’s essay “Hamlet’s Divinity” will soon be on Benedict Cumberbatch’s reading list: she and Lyndsey Turner, also raised a Catholic, want their new production to have a purgatorial air."

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 9, 2014 8:31 am  #90

Es Devlin! Wow, I am impressed and so, so happy about it.

July 9, 2014 7:23 pm  #91

Don't put me off!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 19, 2014 1:56 am  #92

Probably being lazy but has any other actors been mentioned other than Benedict?

I'm wondering what kind of play it will be... I once saw an amazing version of it (actually it was part of what made Hamlet a favourite of mine). This version was playing by two actors and a few props... Ofelia was 'playing' by a red scarf that the actor playing Hamlet lovingly threw around... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (July 19, 2014 2:00 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 28, 2014 12:17 pm  #93

The ticket prices are online:

http://hamlet.barbican.org.uk

July 28, 2014 12:23 pm  #94

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 28, 2014 12:24 pm  #95

No. And the idea with the 100 tickets for 10 pounds is quite generous. 

July 28, 2014 12:28 pm  #96

Yeah, an offer that surprises me.

(Tony Hadley)

July 28, 2014 12:29 pm  #97

It is.
It does make sense to read all the information about the online booking process.

July 28, 2014 12:50 pm  #98

So they are doing six evening performances from Monday to Saturday, and he will have Sunday off to recover from doing two in a row on Saturdays, correct? 

July 28, 2014 12:51 pm  #99

Yes, that's how I understood it as well.

(Tony Hadley)

July 28, 2014 3:49 pm  #100

Some more information- Premium seats, which are priced at £85 Monday-Thursday, £95 Friday-Saturday, are just seats that the Barbican see as their "best seats". Mainly situated in the centre of the theatre.

No extras, just extra money for a central view.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

Board footera