BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 2, 2012 9:16 pm  #1

ACD & Original canon links

Traditionally, the canon of Sherlock Holmes consists of the fifty-six short stories and four novels written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. In this context, the term "canon" is an attempt to distinguish between Doyle's original works and subsequent works by other authors using the same characters.

WE should gather a list of links to sites dealing with the original canon or Arthur Conan Doyle himself. Not the actual stories but sites that fans have made to discuss all things Sherlockian.

It would help us as a reference source, could be used to compare storylines and may give more glimpses into the complexities of Sherlock's very being.

Here's one for a start :
http://www.siracd.com/index.shtml   
:The Chronicles of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle :The Chronicles of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ~ Sherlock Holmes is Just the Beginning . . .
This site is devoted to the life and work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  Here you'll find information about Sherlock Holmes, The Lost World and Conan Doyle's other writing.  You'll also learn about his time as a ship's surgeon,  his tangled love life, his troubled father and other aspects of his interesting life.  This site is also home to the largest collection of Conan Doyle quotations anywhere.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 7, 2012 12:53 pm  #2

Re: ACD & Original canon links

7th July 1930 was the day we lost ACD from this world.
Since then,people from all generations contuinue to be enthralled and engrossed by his most famous works, the canon of Sherlock Holmes stories.
May these stories live on forever more in our hearts.

RIP ACD

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 7, 2012 2:40 pm  #3

I second that. R.I.P. Sir Arthur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 7, 2012 6:30 pm  #4

Nice.

Board footera