BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2014 6:31 am  #1

Monty Python Live (Mostly)

Okay, this technically isn't a TV show, but I thought it would fit best in this category, seeing how it was based mostly on MP's Flying Circus.

But anyway, did any of the Germans on the forum by any chance see the live-streamed version in a cinema last night? I'd be curious to hear if it was only the UCI in Düsseldorf where the live stream was seriously messed up. We missed the first half hour completely because they couldn't get the stream to work. Was that the whole region? Judging from the Facebook comments, it wasn't a world-wide thing.

But other than that, it was great! They did all the best sketches, and they are still funny as heck. Jones and Cleese messed up a few lines, but that got the audience laughing almost more than the show itself. What a great night out!

Last edited by TeeJay (July 21, 2014 6:32 am)

July 21, 2014 8:17 am  #2

Re: Monty Python Live (Mostly)

I saw it on arte concert homepage. Without cuts and bleeep , comfy on my seat .

I have to confess, i didn't understand all and didn't got all the jokes, but i think that the second half was quite funny (if you are not sticking to PC and can laugh also to an anti-feministin joke, that is) . Aparently Arte will put also a german translation to the show...

July 21, 2014 8:20 am  #3

There is here, if you want to look at the part you missed : http://concert.arte.tv/de/montypython (at the moment without translation).

July 21, 2014 10:54 am  #4

Thanks, I saw this morning that the stream was available. Which is great so I can catch up on what I missed, but I'd still like to know if it was a more general problem or just the UCI who couldn't get their act together.

I'm not usually a stickler for complaints, but I paid almost 20 EUR for the ticket, and missed probably a good third of what I paid for... (To be fair, they did give out discount coupons after the show to apologize, but that's not much use to me personally. I never go to that cinema because they don't show movies in original version and because parking is expensive.)

The cinema stream actually had German subtitles, which was probably good for those who don't understand English that well, but I mostly found it annoying because when they used wide angle shots, the subtitles obscured all of the actors and activities at the bottom. Can't please them all, I guess.

Last edited by TeeJay (July 21, 2014 10:56 am)

July 22, 2014 7:54 am  #5

I saw in internet some people moaning about the bad working feed. But i would complain anyway even if is not directly the fault of the cinema, for that price i expect quality! 

July 22, 2014 4:48 pm  #6

I saw it on Danish telly! Well I didn't know it was on, and I know they said something about it being late afterwards so another TV show had to be cancelled on that channel.

I LOVED what I saw though, gosh they still have it!! I was in cramps from laughing here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera