BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2014 8:33 pm  #441

Re: The Imitation Game

Biggles86 wrote:

Tinks wrote:

Darn it! I've deregistered from Twitter!
I'm debating whether to rejoin now so I can RT!

Thought you'd gone quiet, what made you decide to deactivate??

I had a crisis of confidence I'm a bit waffly, so I worry I'm not coming across very well when I have to keep my comments short, plus I couldn't get used to the feeling of butting in on conversations!
But this trailer tempted me back again! I just HAD to talk about how great it is! In a strange way, it's made me resolve to try it again and try harder.
BC and his work inspires me in all sorts of ways

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

July 21, 2014 8:36 pm  #442

Please stay on Twitter!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 21, 2014 8:50 pm  #443

I'm back on now, thanks besley
Going to try harder to be witty and brief

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

July 21, 2014 8:51 pm  #444

Yes please stay!!! I butt in everywhere and have the odd wobble but everyone is so friendly!! X

I'm clueing for looks

July 21, 2014 8:56 pm  #445

Thank you I struggle a bit sometimes with stuff like that but it's worth trying harder to be able to talk about BC and his work - I'm just so blown away by this trailer that I needed to get back on there to talk about it

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

July 21, 2014 11:37 pm  #446

Wow, that was overwhelming. They certainly know how to make things epic in the trailers 
I was afraid I wouldn't "buy" Benedict's Turing because I already had a vision of Turing in my mind but it was stupid, I already bought it. I don't see Benedict there, I see a totally new person.

Could someone tell me the beginning of the sentence Keira Knightley says at the end of UK trailer? The end is: "... to do the things that no one can imagine."  I watched it so many times but I can't understand what she says.    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 22, 2014 12:21 am  #447

Paraphrasing: It's the ones we can't imagine doing things that do the things that no one can imagine.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

July 22, 2014 6:08 am  #448

maryagrawatson wrote:

Paraphrasing: It's the ones we can't imagine doing things that do the things that no one can imagine.

Yeah, I had goosebumps at that scene. Wonderful trailer, I am so looking forward to see the movie (preferably without dubbing).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 22, 2014 6:24 am  #449

The trailers look great, both of them, and I have already been ordered by a family member to go and see the film with her. Well, not much coercion needed there as far as I'm concerned.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 22, 2014 6:43 am  #450

Marta wrote:

Could someone tell me the beginning of the sentence Keira Knightley says at the end of UK trailer? The end is: "... to do the things that no one can imagine."  I watched it so many times but I can't understand what she says.    

I think she says, "Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things that no one can imagine."

July 22, 2014 9:36 am  #451

I can't wait to see this scene. Whatever is going on there exactly, I'm sure it'll be fantastically portrayed by Benedict... there is so much power in only that short snippet already...

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/92465274000/not5o2-the-imitation-game-uk-trailer

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 22, 2014 9:41 am  #452

His face on the second gif ... Heavens!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 22, 2014 9:55 am  #453

Yes. I feel a huge scene with great dialogue and great acting coming there... 

And 
http://38.media.tumblr.com/44ecbba9d64a69187f96fe2229abb35f/tumblr_n93rnnDUcA1qir88ko1_500.gif

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 22, 2014 9:57 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 22, 2014 10:07 am  #454

THUD!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 22, 2014 10:15 am  #455

Sob.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 22, 2014 11:36 am  #456

Thank you, TeeJay and Mary! It's a beautiful line.

Gifs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 22, 2014 12:54 pm  #457

I did a little something with that line...

July 22, 2014 1:10 pm  #458

Brilliant!!!
Starting with the quotable lines, right?

(Tony Hadley)

July 22, 2014 1:14 pm  #459

Yes! Next!

July 22, 2014 1:15 pm  #460

Heavens ... Solar ...

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera