BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2014 3:26 pm  #421

Re: The Imitation Game

Grils please stop, I want to stay alive till November

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 21, 2014 3:33 pm  #422

Oh my gosh!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 21, 2014 3:41 pm  #423

Solar ... You're killing me ... softly ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 21, 2014 3:54 pm  #424

And it's official now: the BFI just announced that the films opens the LFF this year, more info to come on September 3rd!
http://www.bfi.org.uk/

Last year it was 12 Years A Slave (and the red carpet was madness, even though BC was not there).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

July 21, 2014 4:05 pm  #425

July 21, 2014 4:13 pm  #426

So many awesome news today! Monday's slowly becoming my favourite day of the week!

I really don't know why I'm still crying though... whoa. Honestly I admire his acting, it's fantastic!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 21, 2014 4:20 pm  #427

Oh my godness, this day cannot be better. Now we have to do what we are doing the best - wait

Last edited by MartaSt (July 21, 2014 4:22 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 21, 2014 4:30 pm  #428

It's taken me three hours to get here because I've only just stopped shaking....

Oh my god I cannot even express how much these trailers have completely blown me away.

The colour. The music and sound. The ACTING, of my god Benedict if you do not get every award going for this I want to know why.

I am going to London on October 8 and then November 14 cannot come soon enough. I think I am going to need about 5 boxes of tissues.

I'm clueing for looks

July 21, 2014 5:31 pm  #429

"You will never understand the importance of what I am creating here!" - and I was gone.
Wow, those two trailers alone are so amazing and heartbreaking... this film is going to be a real gem.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 21, 2014 5:55 pm  #430

Yes, I am crying my eyes out again...

How am I going to survive the actual film???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 21, 2014 6:02 pm  #431

That is all I can say at the moment. 
Btw - interesting how the trailers for the British and US market differ in style. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 21, 2014 6:13 pm  #432

True, the style is different. There is more Kira/Benedict in the US trailer and also more images of war. But I guess we have to take into account that the UK trailer is currently only a teaser trailer, it's almost one minute shorter than the US trailer.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 21, 2014 6:15 pm  #433

Well, tbh, I like the UK trailer better even if it is shorter. 
And not just because of the running shorts. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 21, 2014 6:22 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 21, 2014 6:22 pm  #434

SusiGo wrote:

That is all I can say at the moment. 

Just quoting this because me too.  Me too.  *ded*  (and so wonderful how well looks to be done for the story)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 21, 2014 6:32 pm  #435

Can't speak.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 21, 2014 6:33 pm  #436

I like the UK teaser/trailer far better. US version is essentialy a summary of the film, very irritating general tendency I noticed in a lot of trailers.

July 21, 2014 6:33 pm  #437

SusiGo wrote:

Well, tbh, I like the UK trailer better even if it is shorter. 
And not just because of the running shorts. 

Oh, I didn't mean to say that I like the US trailer better, I was only stating facts.
It seems that the US trailer tries to insinuate something romantic going on between Kira and Benedict - probably to attract a wider audience. But what I was trying to say is that we don't know what the UK trailer would look like if it were as long as the US one. Maybe it would look quite similar? I guess we'll find out eventually.

July 21, 2014 7:32 pm  #438

Brilliant! Both trailers are very promising, can't wait to see the film! I won't be able to attend the premiere at the London Film Festival but I hope to make a trip to London in late November so I get to see the film in the UK before it will be available in Germany (with the added bonus of Benedict's original voice instead of the German dubbing).

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 21, 2014 8:08 pm  #439

Tinks wrote:

Darn it! I've deregistered from Twitter!
I'm debating whether to rejoin now so I can RT!

Thought you'd gone quiet, what made you decide to deactivate??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

July 21, 2014 8:27 pm  #440

OMG.

I've been waiting for this one for so long, since before I was a Ben fan, and now it's really real...

I'm going to have to make a trip to the city to see it. I should probably book a hotel since I doubt one viewing will be enough!

Based on just these two trailers, I can already determine that if Benedict doesn't win every best actor award out there for this role, he will have been robbed.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

Board footera