BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2014 9:18 pm  #1921

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

They’re broken, unhappy, alone, and then what happens? They find each other.

That's it, right there. That's all I need to know.
Thanks for that link, Susi!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 16, 2014 9:24 pm  #1922

So happy I found it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 16, 2014 9:26 pm  #1923

It's beautifully written - and it all makes total sense. She really played it through logically.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 16, 2014 9:27 pm  #1924

Yes. And yet I am glad I put it here and not somewhere else, convincing as it may be. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 16, 2014 9:35 pm  #1925

SusiGo wrote:

This is by far the most beautiful thing I have read for a long time (shall I leave it here or risk putting it in the Official Debate?)

http://anigrrrl2.tumblr.com/post/91952557716/if-its-not-a-love-story-then-what-is-it

It is a beautiful and very convinging deduction.

"It’s about finding the person that makes life easier to bear. The person that takes your pain away when they’re laughing beside you, that makes you smile at the most incongruous moments, that you can’t help but forgive even when you don’t want to, the person that makes you a better person, the person that accepts you for who you are and appreciates you, even at your worst. It’s about finding that one person with whom you lock eyes and suddenly the rest of the world falls away. The one person you absolutely cannot live without. If that’s not a love story, then I don’t know what is."

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 16, 2014 9:39 pm  #1926

Yes, it is logical, convincing and beautifully written. I really do not see how you could refute that. 

July 16, 2014 10:31 pm  #1927

That was so beautiful I could weep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 16, 2014 10:43 pm  #1928

Now, for something to lighten the mood....

The JohnLock relationship, 6 months on.

July 16, 2014 11:38 pm  #1929

JNinSoCal wrote:

Now, for something to lighten the mood....

The JohnLock relationship, 6 months on.

I believe this would be 100% accurate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 17, 2014 7:18 am  #1930

SusiGo wrote:

This is by far the most beautiful thing I have read for a long time (shall I leave it here or risk putting it in the Official Debate?)

http://anigrrrl2.tumblr.com/post/91952557716/if-its-not-a-love-story-then-what-is-it

Only had the time to read it now, and it is perfect.

And yes, if you haven't done it already, please post it in the Official Debate. I really want to know what someone can say against it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 17, 2014 7:52 am  #1931

Yes, makes my heart beating a little bit faster.
I still am a trainee but ... I think I will be ready soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 17, 2014 8:30 am  #1932

Schmiezi wrote:

And yes, if you haven't done it already, please post it in the Official Debate. I really want to know what someone can say against it.

It'll be the same old story... "They didn't write it this way"... "We will never see it on the show"... "Of course they love each other, but it's bromance"... 

July 17, 2014 9:30 am  #1933

True only true and so god damn touching!

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

July 17, 2014 9:34 am  #1934

SolarSystem wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

It'll be the same old story... "They didn't write it this way"... "We will never see it on the show"... "Of course they love each other, but it's bromance"... 

This!
The best arguments can't change the point of view of some people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 17, 2014 9:43 am  #1935

I think it's not even about changing someone's point of view, everyone can see in the show whatever they like to see. But here we get to the "Opinion vs argument"-thread again: Simply saying "They didn't write it this way" is not stating an opinion or a point of view, it's stating a fact. And in my opinion (yes, see, my opinion! ) we just don't know what's fact and what's not - but we can try to nail our opinion down by trying to find and give proof. And the way I see it, some do it, some don't. Same old story.

July 17, 2014 9:49 am  #1936

There were so many "facts" in the scripts, that weren't "facts" in the next show anymore.
I just can't understand how someone can be "sure" of Johnlock not existing.

(Tony Hadley)

July 17, 2014 10:34 am  #1937

You are right, Solar. But it is still strange that Johnlockers are collecting heaps of evidence from script, stylistic means, statements of the team, etc. and the other side just answers with personal statements without ever trying to prove their opinions. IMO it proves that many Anti-Johnlockers are just plainly against this relationship and take every effort to unsee what is there. 

July 17, 2014 10:42 am  #1938

and see how the discussion in the other thread developed: arguments and opinions
(scnr)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 17, 2014 10:44 am  #1939

Exacty. And this is why I put the link here and not there. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 17, 2014 10:47 am)

July 17, 2014 11:06 am  #1940

I call myself Johnlocker trainee because a few aspects of it still don't fit into my point of view.
But already when I joined this fandom and wasn't into Johnlock at all I never had the idea to stand against it without solid evidences just because of not liking it.
We had this topic, Susi. Do you remember? Me being an anti-Johnlocker.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera