BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2012 3:59 am  #1

Beautiful geek in safety goggles

I would love to get a good picture of Sherlock in those safety goggles, when he's got the blow torch.  I don't know anything about capturing the shot myself, does anyone happen to know if there's something out there already?  Thanks...!

June 4, 2012 4:05 am  #2

Re: Beautiful geek in safety goggles

Which show was it in, do you remember? I'll see what I can get for you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 4, 2012 4:19 am  #3

You mean this one from Scandal, don't you?
Sorry, but it's not good, just a screen shot by me:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 4, 2012 4:21 am  #4

Scandal in Belgravia.  Toward the beginning, when John is blogging at the kitchen table. "no, no, don't mention the unsolved ones.".  I laugh out loud every time I see it, it really isn't flattering and that makes it refreshing as well as believable.

June 4, 2012 4:22 am  #5

Yes, that's it!  Thank you!

June 4, 2012 4:35 am  #6

Ah there you go! I was having a brain drain (just home from work) and couldn't think where it was, lol.

Thanks tobe !

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 4, 2012 4:38 am  #7

You're just home from work, Kazza, and I will be off to work in a minute.
This must have something to do with this time zone business I guess...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 4, 2012 4:51 am  #8

lol guess so; it's 2:50 pm here.

But then I start work at 4am & get home around 12pm.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 6, 2012 9:09 am  #9

This is a favourite of mine too. Particularly the expression on his face just as he turns away.

July 6, 2012 2:47 pm  #10

I like it better the first time they're in that position and Sherlock walks over with something in his mouth (a biscuit?) and says "Oh, for god's sake!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 6, 2012 3:55 pm  #11

I like it when he turns away and we hear the sound of the blow torch igniting - a perfect sound effect emphasis reflecting his mood about the whole business.  It's these wonderful little creative details I love about this show.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 6, 2012 4:06 pm  #12

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

I like it better the first time they're in that position and Sherlock walks over with something in his mouth (a biscuit?) and says "Oh, for god's sake!"

I think it's a piece of toast.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 6, 2012 4:11 pm  #13

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 6, 2012 4:26 pm  #14

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 8, 2012 11:30 pm  #15

Alright, it's toast. I think you're right, I wasn't paying much attention. (Plus the next few times I watched it they didn't have that scene. )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

November 3, 2012 2:57 pm  #16

KeepersPrice wrote:

I like it when he turns away and we hear the sound of the blow torch igniting - a perfect sound effect emphasis reflecting his mood about the whole business.  It's these wonderful little creative details I love about this show.

I love that too! I wonder if they realize how much we appreciate the little things. I also love the rare occasion he eats on the show.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 3, 2012 3:22 pm  #17

There may well have been a  definite decision in series 2 , to have him eating more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2012 3:42 pm  #18

He never eats when he's on a case, supposedly, despite grabbing something out of Mrs. H's fridge. They make more of a point of it in the pilot.

Last edited by veecee (November 3, 2012 3:42 pm)

November 3, 2012 3:45 pm  #19

Yes and I likewise think it was deliberately played down in the aired version!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera