BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2014 6:05 pm  #81

Re: Possible "dark twists" in S4

I agree. Mycroft is a fascinating character who seems to know much more than he lets on. The only problem with using his POV throughout would be that we probably would get no scenes in which Sherlock and John are alone in Baker Street or on cases. But using his POV now and then or for one episode could be interesting. 

As for the question - could not agree more. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 10, 2014 6:06 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 10, 2014 7:29 pm  #82

No, no, no. No Mycroft's death, not even a fake one. I'm so happy Mark is one of the writers - I think it makes Mycroft safe

Actually, I don't think anyone of the main cast will be killed. Except Mary - she might be, it's canon after all... But hey, you don't create such good characters to kill them off, do you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 10, 2014 7:38 pm  #83

I would love for the Special episode to be a flashback of some sort.  Especially to the missing time from HLV.

I think John knowing everything about Mary after all and being totally a part of Sherlock's plan to get Mangnuson would play out pretty dark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 10, 2014 8:43 pm  #84

I already mentioned the possibility of Mycroft dying days ago, and I still believe that it would be one of the darkest twists possible.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 10, 2014 9:11 pm  #85

No!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 11, 2014 5:52 am  #86

I think that would be the end for me!! I can't imagine not having Mycroft in the show.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

July 11, 2014 7:20 am  #87

"The sun ain't gonna shine anymore..." 

Oh, they won't let Mycroft die. But I would love it if he had some dark secret (and maybe he is in cahoots with Mrs. Holmes...) and Sherlock somehow found out about it and then... who knows what could happen... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 12, 2014 3:52 pm  #88

Mycroft dying - England would fall. Literally.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 13, 2014 3:49 pm  #89

nice, i like it. well, you know, i DONT, but..... yeah.

" You cant give creativity a deadline" - Aimee Powell

July 13, 2014 3:55 pm  #90

MartaSt wrote:

I don't think that Mycroft will die either. I agree with you Solar that Mark has a lot of fun being his character. Also dialogues between Sherlock and his brother are one of the best thing in whole series so I don't think that producers will end them by killing Mycroft. I don't know why but I'm afraid that something bad may happen to Molly or Ms Hudson. Now that would be really dark...

While I am loathe to do it, the only characters I can think of that can be killed off without skewing the fine balance of the show are Mary's baby, Mary and or both.  In the original stories Watson has a second wife.  This would facilitate John moving back to 221B as in the original.

And of course dear little Molly with her too small mouth and breasts.  Molly is at risk.  Moriarty underestimated her value.  She is now a target on a radar.  

Just thoughts.  Gruesome I know, but it's not reality.

July 13, 2014 7:36 pm  #91

I don't think that any of Mycroft, Lestrade or Ms. H will die. They are too important and unreplaceable in what they bring to the story. 

At risk for me are Mary (canon) or Molly (i cannot see any further development for her character, i frankly cannot see Sherlock getting involved in a romantic way to her, he needs other kind of woman / man).

July 13, 2014 7:55 pm  #92

A lovely light wrote:

At risk for me are Mary (canon) or Molly (i cannot see any further development for her character, i frankly cannot see Sherlock getting involved in a romantic way to her, he needs other kind of woman / man).

Whoa, your life is in danger if Sherlock Holmes does not want to get romantically involved with you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 13, 2014 8:07 pm  #93

Nope, but the first who kills a personage are the writers. So i thought now who the writers can "kill" without loss of the backbone of the series and still let us very involved (for example, if Anderson would die, it would be sad but not such a dark twist ). Lestrade, Mycroft and Ms Hudson are the backbone behind Sherlock and Watson, it will ruin the balance of the show. Now Molly isn't in my opinion so important for the show in its development (do not believe that i don't like her, i do). It could be if Sherlock would be interested in her, but it would be too far fetched.

Last edited by A lovely light (July 13, 2014 8:08 pm)

July 14, 2014 6:18 am  #94

I am a bit scared that Moftiss might kill Lestrade, Mycroft or Mrs Hudson BECAUSE it will ruin the balance of the show. They are evil geniuses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 14, 2014 6:42 am  #95

I think Molly will also a big loss for the show because she was very important for Sherlock. But what would hurt me most personally would be Mycroft's death.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 14, 2014 7:14 am  #96

Schmiezi wrote:

I am a bit scared that Moftiss might kill Lestrade, Mycroft or Mrs Hudson BECAUSE it will ruin the balance of the show. They are evil geniuses.

Exactly. Something like this would be a real shock and well, yes, a dark twist indeed. And of course it doesn't take someone dying to keep the show interesting, but it would definitely be something that could change... almost everything.

July 14, 2014 7:29 am  #97

Thought I think I see the above as the tragic loss of  a much loved character...and not a dark twist.
The latter to me implies a revelation, a dark secret etc...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2014 7:36 am  #98

Of course I wouldn't want anyone to just fall over and be dead. Something like this always has to be associated with something that's bigger than death itself.

July 14, 2014 7:40 am  #99

I also agree that I don't want to lose a loved character, though again, I can see that some may have passed their use. Though they just don't have to appear very much, maybe like Sally.
Some thoughts:
Mrs Hudson: since Mummy has now appeared in the series, do we need her?
Lestrade: I do think we need that official police presence.
Molly: she's not canonical and is she needed? Possibly as a good female character.
Mary: canonically dies.

July 14, 2014 7:58 am  #100

So Mary's death wouldn't be unexpected, would it? Doesn't fit into this announcement then.

Last edited by gently69 (July 14, 2014 7:59 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera