BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2014 7:12 am  #901

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Oh, he will have a great time, I'm sure! SDCC is legendary. And we can be pretty sure that we will find the whole panel somewhere on YT eventually. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 11, 2014 7:22 am  #902

Do you think so?
Nevertheless I would prefer to see him just once at a Con I am able to attend. The ominous Sherlock Con is also getting farer away from day to day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 11, 2014 7:38 am  #903

You can find almost everything from every SDCC on YT, so let's just hope this won't be any different.
And yeah, well, don't even mention the Sherlock Con... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 11, 2014 7:41 am  #904

Meanwhile I am really angry about the whole thing. One hint after another ... but they are not able to fix something. That's a poor job.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 11, 2014 7:54 am  #905

There probably are reasons, but at the moment I couldn't care less. 
Thank god there are other things we can look forward to. 

July 11, 2014 8:06 am  #906

I can imagine the reasons ... availibilities of the actors, writers ... but also this a good organiser should be able to manage. How they want to do it? Announce the Con one week in advance???

(Tony Hadley)

July 11, 2014 10:27 am  #907

Honestly I am so fuming with the Sherlocked con - it's getting later and later. I asked Showmasters (they're part of the organising team) about it they said again they could say anything until it had been finalised. I joked about there being a week's notice and they said it wouldn't be like that, but could be with just a couple of months.

And here's the bit that really narked me....I joked they might not sell the tickets if they left it too late and they replied saying "oh it'll be ok, most people would sell their souls lol"

THE ARROGANCE!!!! 😡😡😡

I'm clueing for looks

July 11, 2014 10:33 am  #908

Yeah, arrogance, that sounds about right. Of course there are thousands of people who would like to be there, but most of them have jobs and family and need to plan something like this!  

July 11, 2014 10:36 am  #909

Exactly. It's the assumption that we will all just drop everything.

Which I suppose most of us will try to do. If Benedict isn't on the list I am not going. Simple as that. He's the only reason i will buy one on the basis of their attitude. Sorry if that makes me sound fickle but it's going to cost enough as it is!

I've never been to a con before and I've a horrible feeling this is going to really cloud my judgement on others.

I'm clueing for looks

July 11, 2014 10:45 am  #910

Yes, Benedict would also be the reason for me to go there. But as time passes by I wonder if I can manage it anyway. For us it also means travelling abroad ... more costs than just for a ticket and maybe charge for the train. 

Last edited by gently69 (July 11, 2014 10:46 am)

(Tony Hadley)

July 11, 2014 11:34 am  #911

SDCC is actually the closest con he's attended to me. It's in the US but still on the other side of the country!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 11, 2014 11:36 am  #912

Big country, isn't it?

(Tony Hadley)

July 11, 2014 11:51 am  #913

gently69 wrote:

Big country, isn't it?

Fairly large I'd say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 11, 2014 3:21 pm  #914

I'm happy to hear he'd be on San Diego Comic Con. Can't wait to watch the panel on youtube 

I don't know much about conventions in other countries but I'd expect the date of the convention to be announced at least two, three months in advance. Like you said, most people can't just drop everything and go to the other side of a country or even further, even if they really, really want to. There is nothing known even about places, is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 12, 2014 4:18 pm  #915

Oooh that's really cool! I'm happy for fans who get to go; and I will just await all of the lovely waffling coming from him being all over youtube! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 17, 2014 4:09 pm  #916

Pretty weird stuff on various German entertainment online pages.
One article talks about the possibility of Benedict playing Khan once again in the next Star Trek movie:
http://www.prosieben.de/stars/news/benedict-cumberbatch-in-star-trek-feiert-boesewicht-khan-sein-comeback-191770

The other one mentions him in connection with a "Game of Thrones" movie:
http://www.meinbezirk.at/panorama/news/benedict-cumberbatch-im-game-of-thrones-film-d1019970.html

In both cases I would say that it's pretty much only gossip. I'd love to see him as Khan again, but I seriously doubt that he'd be interested - unless of course the role would offer him something different from STID.
I found nothing about any of this on any international pages, so I guess... it's really nothing.

July 17, 2014 4:13 pm  #917

More Khan? Oh my gosh! I'm hoping that's not only silly gossip! 
But I get what you're saying... I'm sure he'd want to broaden his perspective like he already is... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 17, 2014 4:15 pm  #918

At this point I'm afraid it indeed is only silly gossip. As long as we only find information about this on German web pages...

July 17, 2014 4:18 pm  #919

July 18, 2014 1:34 pm  #920

I suppose if he were to play Khan again that would explain why he wasn't cast in Star Wars after being so strongly rumoured for it... I can't really see how it would work though.
But Game of Thrones? I kind of hope not, to be honest.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

Board footera