BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2012 11:43 am  #1

'Yellow Car'

Yellow Car?! Do you play Yellow Car? Have you ever played Yellow Car? If you play do you punch? Have you ever won Yellow Car? If so, how? Do you know the full rules of Yellow Car? Do yellow cabs count? Do you want to know more about the game and improve your play? Well now you can.

On Youtube: How to play 'Yellow Car' by Arthur Shappey. Arthur Shappey, international Yellow Car Grandmaster runs through the rules of this most complex of games, and provides some strategy and tactical advice to advanced players.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 26, 2012 4:31 pm  #2

Re: 'Yellow Car'

"It never ends. You're always playing Yellow Car."
Lol. Each time I'll see a yellow car, I'll think about this video !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

April 26, 2012 5:54 pm  #3

Just to prove it. Yellow car!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 9, 2013 9:37 pm  #4

Someone who live right opposite me has a yellow car, so I can say it whenever I look out of the window!

"I'm not a phycopath, Anderson, I'm a high- funcioning sociopath, do your research."

November 10, 2013 3:02 am  #5

I must admit to being a different kind of a geek with what first comes to my mind when you guys mention this (although the original itself is neat!).  Whenever I see a yellow car, on the other hand (better, but not necessary, if it has two certain black stripes), I amuse myself by happily thinking 'Bumblebee!'    

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 25, 2014 8:48 pm  #6

We started playing it with my friend's 4-year-old when I visited her in England in May. Then I taught it to two colleagues when we were driving to a meeting in June. It's now so ingrained in my brain that I call out "Yellow car!" in my head whenever I see one. And sometimes I'm nerdy and play the visually supported version with the help of my smartphone.

Yellow car!

(petrol station somewhere north of Mannheim with two dudes probably going to Rock am Ring)

Yellow car!!

(near where I live)

John Finnemore would be so proud of me.

Last edited by TeeJay (June 25, 2014 8:49 pm)

June 26, 2014 3:04 pm  #7

I think 'Yellow Car' is a lot different here in Denmark... 

When ever you see a yellow car and you call it; you have permission to hit the next person hard in the shoulder. School trips always ended in coming home with black bruises... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 5, 2014 7:54 pm  #8

By the way... for future reference.

July 5, 2014 8:17 pm  #9

Brilliant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 5, 2014 8:50 pm  #10

Ah, NOW I understand. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 8, 2014 7:44 pm  #11

Snrk.     Soo…..  Arthur, it is okay if I quickly say/think 'yellow car', and then 'Bumblebee!' ?    (ahem… geeky Transformers tie-in)
(seriously… I've seen like, perhaps seven just this week!  one with the black stripes that really did look like Bumblebee!  pleased, goofy fangirl…)  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 8, 2014 8:39 pm  #12

What a great game! I hadn't played it before, but now I'm going to play it forever!

Board footera