BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2013 11:22 am  #1

Martin's Sassy Fashion

So, I absolutely love the way he dresses. I can't get over it. I want to start dressing like Martin on a daily basis whenever I'm not cosplaying (so basically cosplaying when not cosplaying, in a way). I bought some salmon pink chinos the other day but I need further advice on the types of things I should be looking out for.

Pictures and recommendations, please. And if you find any cheap places to buy some of his clothes or something that looks similar, do let me know.

And this thread is for discussing anything to do with his amazing fashion sense and how sassy it makes him look.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 10, 2013 11:24 am  #2

Re: Martin's Sassy Fashion

Example of sass:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 10, 2013 11:25 am  #3

One word: jumpers

Now that winter is coming you should find them easily enough. Try Primark and H&M.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 10, 2013 11:27 am  #4

Yes! Well, I have John jumpers. Like, I have the black and white one, and the cream one, and a black, white & brown one that is John-esque. Could you recommend any other styles that you've seen Martin wear?

September 10, 2013 11:42 am  #5

I'm sure I've seen him in a grey cardigan before, maybe a black one too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 10, 2013 1:55 pm  #6

Great thread, but then any thread concerning Martin is a great thread

He has such a good sense of style, with him you always get the impression he knows what he is wearing and why!
(Had to edit the photo I wanted to post, since the same one has already been posted further up)

Last edited by the_dancing_woman (September 10, 2013 1:59 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 17, 2013 12:34 pm  #7

Grr, so damn sexy. I read his interview with Esquire and wrote down all the clothes they recommended but they're kind of mightily expensive. It gave me a good idea about the type of thing to look out for though.

September 17, 2013 5:49 pm  #8

Does this mean, Boss, you've changed sides and scrapped that fabulous coat of yours?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 17, 2013 7:38 pm  #9

tobeornot221b wrote:

Does this mean, Boss, you've changed sides and scrapped that fabulous coat of yours?

Ahh, no not at all. It's been a little too warm for the coat the past three months but I gave it an airing the other day in London. I just want to dress like Martin whenever I'm not cosplaying. Because he's my style icon.

September 17, 2013 7:42 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Ahh, no not at all. It's been a little too warm for the coat the past three months but I gave it an airing the other day in London. I just want to dress like Martin whenever I'm not cosplaying. Because he's my style icon.

I'd love to see you dressed like Martin!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 17, 2013 7:47 pm  #11

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I'd love to see you dressed like Martin!

I'll have to take some pictures!

I've just ordered this Harrington jacket:

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/TONIC-CLASSIC-HARRINGTON-JACKET-MOD-SCOOTER-by-RELCO-XS-XXXL-/00/s/MTA3MFg4MDA=/$(KGrHqRHJFMFDVT5sSN8BQ7+!2ZiGg~~60_12.JPG[/img]

July 8, 2014 2:16 pm  #12

You know how there's a Wear Sherlock...there really needs to be a Wear Freeman, so that fans know where to buy his clothes.

Like this little number he was spotted wearing at the stage door of Richard III

It's available to buy here:
http://www.zomshopping.com/lacoste-mens-short-sleeve-multi-color-stripe-pique-polo-shirt-sky-blue-white-green-yellow-orange-pink-purple_p358.html

July 8, 2014 3:56 pm  #13

Martin's fashion sense amazes me.  I swear he pulls off the most fascinating combination of outfits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 8, 2014 5:19 pm  #14

I also like his fashion sense very much, so colourful and bright, always with stylish little details like the colour-coordinated pocket square or a retro bag and beautifully composed and mixed together, he looks somehow unique and special in an effortless and easy way.

July 8, 2014 8:36 pm  #15

He's my style icon.

Board footera