BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 1, 2014 10:46 pm  #3141

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

When watching Parades End and the kid begging goes "Penny for the Guy... Penny for the Guy" and you're suddenly very confused about what you're actually watching... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 2, 2014 12:46 am  #3142

You spend the day leading astronomy educational programs, and you make it a point to use the phrase, "But it's the solar system!" at least once in each one (and are thoroughly disappointed when nobody reacts).

July 2, 2014 7:34 am  #3143

The car number plate in front of you ends in HLV and you automatically read it as His Last Vow.
I also had  a funny, silly one on Twitter last night.
We were all flailing because of Mark and the BBC teasing us. In the middle of all this, some marketing company tweeted about product promotion...it made me laugh, thinking how the BBC have got us all over a barrel with Sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 2, 2014 2:50 pm  #3144

When doing mindless work at the hospital... like packing 1000's of letters and your head is full os Sherlock related theories and quotes and trying to plot the special... And your co-workers poke you suddenly asking "What's so funny?"

Turns out I was grinning from ear to ear... 

Oh, and when ever I read the Danish word 'Rude' which means window I always read it in English... Last year I put a post-it on the boxes of envelopes, and heavily considering adding another '...Rude!'
Even though I know no one will get the joke... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (July 2, 2014 2:54 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 2, 2014 3:03 pm  #3145

... I just NEED to listen to the Sherlock soundtracks on my IPod on my way home from work ... after the BBC announcement of S4. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 3:10 pm  #3146

when suddenly every cab you see is driven by a phsyco
when you constantly make references that no body else understands...! (and then feeling proud that it was so suitable but nobody appreciates it)
when you replace the time you should be doing homework with SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK
when it is basically the only thing you talk about
when you TRY to make deductions... but fail.
when you try to be observant
when you use Sherlock's insults (which no one recognises so they work...;) )
when every time you visit the tube you are on the bombed carriage...
you keep playing the theme tune on the piano
you make plans to visit all the filming sites
you turn your own sister to the side of the sherlockians :D

...yep... thats all... ;)

**************************************************************************************************************************
Official Johnlock Supporter :D
"We're not gay!"   

Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth.

John:  That was ridiculous.That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done.
Sherlock: You invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't just me!

July 2, 2014 3:18 pm  #3147

When your friend who you've Sherlocked comments on your Facebook status about Sherlock returning and after both of you squealing in the comments she writes that she still needs to watch the last few episodes and you actually gasp; mortified at the thought... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 2, 2014 3:18 pm  #3148

Ha ha, just saw H-LV on the sign of a car. Guess what came into my mind ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 3, 2014 1:18 pm  #3149

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Oh, and when ever I read the Danish word 'Rude' which means window I always read it in English... Last year I put a post-it on the boxes of envelopes, and heavily considering adding another '...Rude!'
Even though I know no one will get the joke... 

So.... this happened today when I was left alone in the office...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 3, 2014 1:20 pm  #3150

...you wake up to the following email and just laugh and laugh and laugh.

"Come meet me at the swimming pool. We'll go up on the roof later."

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

July 3, 2014 1:21 pm  #3151

Brillant!

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

July 3, 2014 1:27 pm  #3152

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you...
are at work on the 2nd floor - and you see an open window. And outside there are a lot of inviting roofs.
You battle against the need to walk a little bit on the roof.

SHERLOCK ♥

July 4, 2014 4:28 am  #3153

.... and of course when the first daily activity on PC in the morning is to google about news about Sherlock.....  

SHERLOCK ♥

July 5, 2014 8:34 am  #3154

Yesterday, my friend send me by mistake a SMS instead of his boyfriend.
Her second SMS for me was: "Wrong"
I had to laugh.

SHERLOCK ♥

July 6, 2014 2:59 am  #3155

I just came back from a surprise night out partying... It did become a bit of a Sherlock night I feel...

First my friend and I clinked glasses over the fact that Sherlock is returning... 

The pub we went to ended up turning into a bit of a gay bar; we totally started that as two of the girls couldn't keep their hands off of each other, and well... I wasn't innocent either. Then a double hen night, both women were going to marry each other... and well... Someone suddenly shouted "Well, for the record I am NOT gay!" and I had to fight hard not to giggle about it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 7, 2014 5:23 pm  #3156

... when you go upstairs to your fitness studio. On the 2nd floor you see a lonesome pair of shoes! NO JOKE!!!

I thought I am in "The Great Game". I was starring at the shoes and looked at it from all sides. It was a strange situation. A big corridor - and in the middle of the room those pair of shoes. I swear that it's true...

And when I was home, I worried about not made a deduction such as photographing, touching, smelling.

SHERLOCK ♥

July 7, 2014 5:46 pm  #3157

When the best part of visiting your sister is binge watching S3 because she hasn't seen it yet.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 7, 2014 7:05 pm  #3158

...when a friend loves the colour pink and everytime you see her wearing pink you only think "Sherlock" and secretly imagine making videos with her starring as dead body (meeean! i know! but I like her very much and it would only be roleplay right^^ and she also has a pink coat and that's just sooo perfect ^^)

"It is what it is."

July 7, 2014 7:11 pm  #3159

tonnaree wrote:

Getting excited because you didn't realize that your Sherlock calendar had a centerfold.

Haha, yes!! and then:
...when you realise you have no free space on your wall to put it up somewhere, and when you try to decide what to take down you realise it's all Sherlock on the walls anyway and therefore you CANNOT make space for the new poster :D :D
(okay, it's not ONLY Sherlock, there are actually LONDON posters too, which for me is the same thing :D :D )

...when you re-read your submitted post and suddenly worry about grammar mistakes because Sherlock would take me apart for those :D :D

Last edited by Whisky (July 7, 2014 7:15 pm)

"It is what it is."

July 7, 2014 7:49 pm  #3160

When your shock and horror over your newly Sherlocked friend missing TSo3 and HLV turns into happiness as it means you have to have another Sherlock marathon with her!

And when you without noticing reply to a guy's cheesy message in a chat room; when saying something like "I suppose you can guess how I'm feeling" and you sigh and write "I'm pretty sure I can come with a few deductions, not sure you want to hear them though"

... and you then giggle when he tells you "Are you some sort of Sherlock Holmes freak or what?"
Yes, sir. That I am 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera