BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2014 10:45 pm  #21

Re: Spoiler Tags

Russell wrote:

Huh….  iiiinteresting!   Especially in what instances would be good to use them… some threads themselves I can still see being spoilery by nature as a whole, and mentioned in title, but this is great for just bits here and there.  Thanks!
Ha… and leave it to you guys to quickly turn it straight into a laugh.   

You can't give us a new toy and expect us not to play with it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 27, 2014 6:58 am  #22

Sorry, Russell, but this seems to be inevitable. I have no idea why. 

Maybe because Johnlockers are happy people. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 27, 2014 7:12 am  #23

I suggest we create a little nonsense thread just to play around with those spoilers. Or should we continue right here?

Because those hidden Johnlock messages are huge fun. Johnlock in itself is the best fun you can have, but in combination with those spoiler boxes... Oh, and by the way: Sherlock and John are getting married. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 27, 2014 7:15 am  #24

Maybe a new thread - just in case someone pops in and wants serious information instead of Johnlock messages. 

And btw, of course I agree with you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 27, 2014 7:23 am  #25

Solar - ha… yeah… that's kinda what I meant by instances where a whole thread by nature is spoilery and tagged as such.  Can you imagine everyone's post (and quoting) like that?  But for bits and pieces, it's definitely awesome.  Especially for being silly with.
*gives a wry look to you last two*  I meant that as a compliment!  A compliment!

Sherlockers

can be quite the goofs as well.

Sometimes we forget

our pants.

Edited to be silly and play around with the tags as well, seeing how they 'fit' in a sentence.

Last edited by Russell (June 27, 2014 7:31 am)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 27, 2014 7:32 am  #26

Russell wrote:

Solar - ha… yeah… that's kinda what I meant by instances where a whole thread by nature is spoilery and tagged as such. Can you imagine everyone's post (and quoting) like that?

Actually, yes, because I've seen it on other forums. On one forum there is a GoT-thread where I sometimes wonder how people keep track of their quotes and the spoilers and the stuff that's not spoilerish while their quoting. Sometimes you have one post with lot's of spoiler boxes and in between the boxes you also have sentences that aren't spoilers... sometimes looks like a battlefield. 

But I assume that we really will continue to have whole spoiler threads once the rumours about S4 start coming in - and then Setlock and stuff. It's probably nonsense to have 'normal' threads for something like that when we know in advance that almost everything in the thread will be a spoiler.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 27, 2014 7:48 am  #27

Exactly what I meant!  Was just kind of rhetorically musing/wryly commenting on the trickiness, since only been on this forum.  Wow… and with a GoT forum?  That must be something else!     Sounds like what a document would look like with lots of those official 'redacted' marks, only part of it making any sense!     These spoilers are a lot more fun so far, anyway, thanks to the crowd.  ;)

Especially if you're just innocently clueing for secret looks

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

June 27, 2014 8:04 am  #28

Woah.. huh… and I just had a thought!  If don't mind me testing, curious if, like regular 'quote' tags, they can still contain all the usual types of info, like pics, and what it would look like.
Warning…!  At the end of Season 3…..

Sherlock actually goes to jail… undercover!

June 27, 2014 8:42 am  #29

Russell wrote:

Woah.. huh… and I just had a thought! If don't mind me testing, curious if, like regular 'quote' tags, they can still contain all the usual types of info, like pics, and what it would look like.
Warning…! At the end of Season 3…..

Oh, you're being beautifully experimental here, I love it. And I especially love this of course:

Sherlock actually goes to jail… undercover!

And I love how that pic slowly appears when you click the spoiler button. 

Let me tell you a little secret: I'd go to jail with that guy any time!

As for that GoT thread: Yes, it's pretty tricky. I don't write there myself because I don't watch the show, but they even kind of distinguish between the books and the tv show. You can even give the spoilers names, so before you open one you can already see for example what episode the spoiler will be about right where our spoiler button just says "Spoiler".

All I know is: A lot of people die in GoT. 

But this is not a thread about GoT, so I'll just shut up now.  

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 27, 2014 8:44 am)

June 27, 2014 10:06 am  #30

Yeah, we should start a separate thread for Fun With Spoilers, perhaps in the Games section - if there hasn't been one created already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 27, 2014 1:39 pm  #31

Ok, giving it a try:

I should be working right now but instead I'm playing with this new toy. I'm probably gonna get fired. LOL!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 27, 2014 4:39 pm  #32

Aww, KP, no!   Don't get <previous spoiler>!  Then we wouldn't have any more fun with <spoiler>! 

Board footera