BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2014 5:54 pm  #241

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

I was hoping that each date would show the alternate roles. May well have to go twice now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2014 6:13 pm  #242

I booked tickets for my local cinema - seeing Benedict as the creature
Really looking forward to it.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 26, 2014 6:53 pm  #243

I have ticket for both versions - Benedict as creature and Frankenstein.  Looking forward to it 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

July 4, 2014 12:03 pm  #244

Just been listening to a weekly film review on the radio and the Film Critic (I won't name and shame him) mentioned "Frankenstein, with Johnny Lee Miller and whoever else it was...." Grrr!! Glad Benedict made such an impression! This hasn't helped the bad mood I'm in!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

July 4, 2014 5:28 pm  #245

That guy needs a slap!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 17, 2014 8:54 pm  #246

YES, YES, YES! (Do I need to say more? )

On the page of the NT they announce some venues that will show encore screenings in November, three of them in Germany: Weimar, Düsseldorf and Frankfurt.
Dates: 13 and 20 November.
It doesn't say, but I assume they will show both versions.
For Frankfurt you can't book tickets yet, but I guess we should keep an eye on that...

God, I can't wait to see this again!
Seems that November will be a very cumberbatched month! Oh God Yes! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 17, 2014 9:04 pm  #247

Wow, this is exciting. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2014 9:07 pm  #248

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 17, 2014 9:21 pm  #249

I'm moving to Germany Gosh, I envy you so much, I don't suppose that cinemas in Poland will repeat this

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 17, 2014 9:29 pm  #250

Wonderful news!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 18, 2014 3:53 am  #251

Oh yes!!!
Düsseldorf, I'm coming. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 18, 2014 4:58 am  #252

Great news! I don't live near any of these cities but will probably try to get a ticket for Frankfurt, it takes three hours on the train to get there but I'm sure it's worth the effort. The last screening in Hamburg was nearer but I only returned from a holiday on that day.
Any info when tickets go on sale?

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 18, 2014 6:06 am  #253

Frankenstein will be shown in Hamburg again also (both versions):
October 27 & November 3 with Benedict as creature
November 10 & Novemver 17 with Benedict as Frankenstein
http://www.savoy-filmtheater.de/english-theatre.html

I saw both versions by now and they are both wonderful. I suppose I am going to see it a third time (although I am not quite sure which version).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 18, 2014 6:33 am  #254

Both versions? Wow ... there are 2 dates for Düsseldorf either ... which means???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 18, 2014 7:20 am  #255

gently, I hope this means they will show both versions, too. 

diva, no info yet when tickets will go on sale, but you could always ask the local cinema... although they often don't know a thing about these NT Live when you call them or write an e-mail. But you could always try. I guess I will just walk by at the cinema in Frankfurt and ask at the counter sometime next week.

July 18, 2014 9:14 am  #256

Fantastic news, I will go to the showing in Frankfurt, maybe someone from here will join me? It´s probably more fun to gush over Benedict together!

July 18, 2014 12:32 pm  #257

stoertebeker wrote:

Frankenstein will be shown in Hamburg again also (both versions):
October 27 & November 3 with Benedict as creature
November 10 & Novemver 17 with Benedict as Frankenstein
http://www.savoy-filmtheater.de/english-theatre.html

I saw both versions by now and they are both wonderful. I suppose I am going to see it a third time (although I am not quite sure which version).

Great news, thank you! Hamburg is a bit nearer to where I live so I might choose the Hamburg screenings instead of Frankfurt. Of course I want to see both versions if possible.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 25, 2014 9:11 am  #258

Information from the Cinestar in Frankfurt: They have no information about the screening yet themselves, so they can't say when tickets will be available.

July 25, 2014 9:14 am  #259

Okay ... strange ...

(Tony Hadley)

July 25, 2014 9:16 am  #260

That happened with my local cinema - had to try for several days before the tickets were availabe - I think the NT announces it before the cinemas know.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

Board footera